Warframe - Does Anyone Play This?

A cousin of mine is really into it and he's a 50 year old gamer, absolutely loves the game. I believe it has had or has coming up a big update doesn't it? Something about ship to ship combat?

A cousin of mine is really into it and he's a 50 year old gamer, absolutely loves the game. I believe it has had or has coming up a big update doesn't it? Something about ship to ship combat?
From what I understand yes, but also you can board and take over other ships and there will be missions where someone has to hold off reinforcements from orbit while the rest of the team has to complete a mission on the planet. Some neat stuff coming down the pipe.

The new update got me playing again, sure enough as warframe seems to do my mouse immediately broke and I aggravated some tendonitis in my elbow... again.

I've tried to get in to it many times. I've bounced off every time. There are some fun elements (the movement is incredible), but the grind is real. There are so many systems layered on systems it's tough to know how to even progress your goals at times. You can watch videos of people doing incredible stuff on all these high end frames with maxed out mods, and then realize your 50 or 60 hours of grinding away from doing any of it.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Yeah, "Focus" kind of threw me off of it. I never minded the grind, and the gameplay was fun. If you know how to stack your "cards", it doesnt take very long to do a lot of damage..

But, of course, I'm not that good at stacking cards, and the Focus grind was so annoying, especially because you dont just gain Focus, you have to activate it and it seemed like every time I activated it, I'd miss all my shots, or the enemies would die before I got much use out of it. It was was super frustrating and so I gave up on it pretty quick. I miss it, but fuck that mechanic...

Yeah, "Focus" kind of threw me off of it. I never minded the grind, and the gameplay was fun. If you know how to stack your "cards", it doesnt take very long to do a lot of damage..

But, of course, I'm not that good at stacking cards, and the Focus grind was so annoying, especially because you dont just gain Focus, you have to activate it and it seemed like every time I activated it, I'd miss all my shots, or the enemies would die before I got much use out of it. It was was super frustrating and so I gave up on it pretty quick. I miss it, but fuck that mechanic...
That focus mechanic was a temporary thing I believe. After doing a specific quest it builds into a more enjoyable mechanic.

Stacking cards can indeed be tricky if you want to create a good weapon build but I liked that it also gives you a lot of customizability.

I am thinking of trying Warframe again. I think I mainly stopped playing because there was not a lot of interesting stuff in the end-game. @Coro_yy , do you know if by now there is more to do in the end-game besides "fashion-frame"?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keira
Top Bottom