Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
LEAGUE Race: December 7th, 2018 - 7:30pm EST / 12:30am GMT
HOSTED Practices: Monday December 3rd and Wednesday December 5th - 7:30pm EST (December 4th and 6th - 12:30am GMT)
Cars: GTE (Ferrari 458 GTE, Ford GT - 2017, Porsche 911 RSR)
Track: Virginia International Raceway
Layout: "Grand East" or "Grand West"
League Page: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/LeagueView.do?league=1584
iRacing Forum Post: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/0/3625142.page#11326449

Based on the conversation last week at CotA, I seemed to infer that there were people in our community that like VIR, and maybe some that haven't had the opportunity to experience "America's Nürburgring"...

So lets change that!

Proposing a "for fun" Week 13 (December 3rd - 7th) League Race at Virginia International Raceway, featuring either the 6.39km 26-turn Grand East, or the 6.55km 29-turn Grand West configuration. There are pros and cons to each layout, so I'm thinking of hosting practices on each layout (maybe one on Monday and the other on Wednesday, for example) then vote Wednesday night which one everyone would like to run on Friday. Grand East compromises speed for a little bit better sightlines making it a bit easier, imo, while Grand West is a much faster roller-coaster (not talking about the corner named Roller Coaster) but has more blind corners that, at higher speeds, make it a bit more challenging.

Not sure which layout we'll use, yet, as some people are unfamiliar with the track. The first practice session on Monday will feature the Grand East layout, with the second session featuring the Grand West layout. After the practice sessions I'll put up a vote, in this thread, for which track we'd like to run for the race on, and I'll host another practice session on Wednesday and then we'll run the race on Friday!

Practice sessions will be found in the HOSTED page of iRacing, but the Race session will be found on the LEAGUE page in iRacing, so you must apply to the League "Band of Others Sprint Series" in order to join the race!

This will not be a points scoring event, but we will follow the same format that we use on a weekly basis!

League consists of 2 sessions as follows:
Open Qualify Session: Full Fuel - 7:30 PM EDT (60 minutes). Drivers must record a clean lap within 103% of the fastest recorded lap time. Those who cannot do so are placed at the tail end of the field for the Qualify Race.
Race ("Opt In" Inverse Grid determined by Qualify Race): Full Fuel - 20:40 EDT (60 minutes = 10 minute Warm Up + 50 minute Race).

Grid is inverted from results from Qualifying, but drivers have the option to start from the back if they don't want to be inverted to the front. One Pit Stop is required for tires only between the 25-30 minute mark (25-20 minutes remaining).
Pit Window: 5 minutes in duration. Drivers must pit for tires within this window or incur a drive through penalty.

Fast Repair:
One fast repair is available. If taken BEFORE the Pit Window, Driver must still perform a drive through within the Pit Window.

Scoring:
What makes Band of Others League unique is our ongoing commitment to provide scoring options that allow Drivers of all pace to score well.

All bonuses (and penalties) are geared toward rewarding people for clean driving and participation.

Scoring is % based on number of laps completed. All Drivers must complete 80% of the Leaders laps to achieve maximum points.

Main Race Scoring: Race winner is scored 50 points + 1 bonus point, all positions following are scored -1 point from the previous position.

Bonuses:
+ 1 point for Race winner.
+ 3 points for Race finish.
+ 5 points for Race finish with 0 incident points.
Penalties:
- 3 points for every 10 incidents.
Car contact resulting in loss of control (drive through penalty).
NOTE: All drive through penalties MUST be served within 3 laps of offence.

Open Setups:
If you have a good setup please post it here.

If you are unwilling or unable to share your setup with other League Drivers then you are not permitted to use it during League events.

Car Selection:
All Drivers have until Week 4 to test different cars and still be scored in League.

Starting Week 5 you must commit to one car for the remainder of the Season else you will not score points.

After Week 5, you are allowed to change your car at any time in the season, but you will forfeit any points scored in a race not completed in your Week 5 car.

Track Selection:
The B2O Sprint Series league tries to follow the iRacing Official schedule to make preparing for each week as easy and accessible as possible. GTE cars are utilized in two different series, which allows us a little leeway in track selection each week!

After each race, participants will be a polled to select the track for the following week. (ie. Our track selection for 2018 Season 4 Week 12 was between [IMSA] Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix and [iRLMS] Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix.

VIR HYPE!!!!

Last edited:
I only know normal layout from that race we had,you know Marc,1st race?
Anyway, will not be here,leg is better and next week I think I must work

Hey guys. Apologies for my absence last week. Unfortunately, after a few weeks of my dad being ill and awaiting test results, we received the news that he has cancer. Obviously this has put things a little in the air for myself and my family.

With that being said, I have bought ViR, just in case I'm able to make it, because I need very little excuse to give money to iracing. Hope to see you all soon.

-Q

I did some testing today. Man, both layouts are so much fun in a GTE car :). I might be 30 minutes late this week, but I don't really mind which layout - Grand West is my preference, but East is equally challenging and fun. Would still vote for a night race though ;)

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I've typed up a crude iRacing Forum Post and edited the OP to reflect that post! If you guys could do me a favor and keep and eye on it, and answer any questions, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be working a lot this week (72 hours. Scheduled.), but I'll try to keep up with it as best I can!

I've gone ahead and put up the first hosted session for tomorrow at VIR - Grand East as I'll be coming in on the fly.

Heads up! I upped the time to 7:30 EST (12:30 GMT) just to try to keep the times simple and consistent all week long. Also, since we won't have any new content 'til Tuesday, I figured we'd go ahead and run both layouts in one night, and then vote and narrow it down by Wednesday.

I did some testing today. Man, both layouts are so much fun in a GTE car :). I might be 30 minutes late this week, but I don't really mind which layout - Grand West is my preference, but East is equally challenging and fun. Would still vote for a night race though ;)
Tomorrows practices will be Default - Afternoon, but I'm open to input for the race weather! (aside from EZhax18CMorningOvercast.exe :oops::rolleyes::cool:)

iRacing said:
Tracks without night lighting will still function using the Day/Night & Time of Day system, however they will get darker and darker until they are nearly pitch black. We do not recommend driving cars without headlights at these tracks past sunset.
I think it is about time we try the Lotus 49 at VIR.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Putting up another Hosted session tonight at VIR Grand West. Not a shocker that it seemed to be the favorite.. :D

If anyone is interested in doing some FR3.5 afterwards, highly recommend it!

Putting up another Hosted session tonight at VIR Grand West. Not a shocker that it seemed to be the favorite
Haven't managed to be up for any PP this week! Surprised West was most popular tho, I find that config way harder than East!
Which config are we actually doing tonight? or does it depend on numbers etc (I could be wrong but the East and West are around 30ish seconds longer than the "bog standard " track no ?)
Cheers! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minniyer
Top Bottom