When gaming puts that smile on your face (and a tear in your eye)

Brainling

Hardcore
I worked for Microsoft in the very early 2000's, at the height of Balmer Time there, where it was basically Wolf of Wall Street nerd style. Sell, sell, sell, profits, lock in, etc.

I have friends who still work there now who describe it as a different company, internally. There is a lot more focus on good outcomes for customers and not just selling them another license key. Things like embracing open source, Linux, adaptive controllers like this...Microsoft has become a much different company.

They are still a multinational out to turn a profit, lets not get too carried away...but it's a much friendlier company to deal with, and if my friends are to be believed, to work for.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I remember watching Linus do a video on this when it was introduced:

I know there is another video of a guy who used this to make his daughter a game controller out of PVC and paint-rollers, but I can't seem to find that video anymore....

E

ElektroVodka

Gosh, somehow every time i watch stuff like this, someone starts cutting up onions.

Somehow i never thought MS would surprise me in a positive way, but this... gold!

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics