Winter VLN 2019 - 2020

Deb

Arjuna runs an unofficial VLN series during the winter for the Nord fans. He put this post up in the iRacing forum today. Here is the link:

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3670502.page

I think @Kenadian and I will be running the AMG when we can but if anyone else is interested, please let us know, always fun to have more join in and we have an AWESOME new paint to roll out for this season :D They put the Audi RS 3 LMS in instead of the KIa. The races are 4 hours with one 6 hour race, so it can be soloed if you are so inclined.

Here are the dates of the races:

We expand this year's schedule to include an extra race! We will be dropping the non-points prologue race to accommodate a busy winter endurance league schedule while still adding a race to give all participants their VLN fix before the iRacing NEC starts up again!

Round 1 - Saturday 23/11/2019 - 4h
Round 2 - Saturday 21/12/2019 - 4h
Round 3 - Saturday 25/01/2020 - 4h
Round 4 - Saturday 22/02/2020 - 6h
Round 5 - Saturday 07/03/2020 - 4h

Registration opens this Saturday at 16:00 GMT/ 12:00 eastern/ 11:00 central.

There is also going to be another 24 Hours of Nurburgring, if you are interested in that, check here.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a29389603/2019-mercedes-amg-gt63-s-lightning-lap/

Deb

@Kenadian, we did not make the registration for GT3, I was the 18th register so we are third on the reserve list, but I am not interested in that so I don't know if I'll be racing. On the reserve list you only get a spot if another team is not racing and you find out a week before. I don't think that works for me.

There are spots for the Porsche, but I don't know if I want to take the time to learn it.

Perhaps they will reconfigure the classes since no one is signing up for the Mazda, who know but unless you have a strong desire to learn the Porsche, I don't think we are doing Winter VLN.

Deb

I know :( I started the submission as soon as I received the notice but the GT3 class filled up in 3 minutes o_Oo_Oo_O So we are third on the reserve list out of 15 on the reserve list. Maybe they will take more GT3s since there are not many Mazdas, who knows, but I don't want to drive a Mazda around the Ring and be the slowest class, we'll get killed :eek:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I agree. I don't want to be the slowest class and don't really have time to learn and remain somewhat competently competitive in the Porsche.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ian14723
Top Bottom