2016 iRacing Bathurst 1000

Daunt

MLG Pro
With some revisions, I think this is what you mean ken?View attachment 3268
Nice job on the paint! I know you're kinda feeding off Ken's paint but I would prefer to do without the B2O logos on the side and just make the Band of Others larger. My own two pence, as you brits would say.

I like it though. The design especially looks aggressive and sleek.

Also being nitpicky. I like what you're trying to do with the multiple copies / different colors of the logo on the back, and in a few other spots, especially on the front. On the back it's not too bad, I believe because a black stroke (I think, it appears) is applied to the logo. On the front though it just looks blurry / out of focus (on the bandofothersgaming.com). Overall the duplicates just hurt readability.

Nejtun

Had a couple of issues getting the clarity I needed on some of the words @Daunt , but it has been a long wihle since I used photoshop and still discovering new things as I do some of these paints! I will have a go at sharpening up the front wording. then that should be good to go :)
should all look the same once my car is going end over end up and down the mountain :p
Glad you like it @Duke o/

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I just realized that the other Bathhurst 1000 post was from last year. Any solo drivers looking for a co-driver (or two)?
Tony I'm just going to bow out on this one right now, I can't do it.

I'm shit in this car and really don't have the time to put into it this week to improve much. The chances of me binning the car are nearly a certainty so I just don't want to risk it.

I also have to put in much more time to improve at LeMans so I'll likely be doing that instead.

Sorry buds, it would be a different story if we committed to this a few weeks ago.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Sorry buds, it would be a different story if we committed to this a few weeks ago.
I didn't think there was a whole lot of interest in the 1000. I knew Davey and Marc were doing it but I thought that was it. Quadro and I did our usual thing and decided last minute to run it. Including Nejtun's team, it looks as though we'll have 3 cars running the B2O flag.

Tony

Casual
Tony I'm just going to bow out on this one right now, I can't do it.
I'm not going to be doing it either. I came in late to the game and the other teams were already well solidified. I'm just trying to get that first longer endurance race under my belt.

Daunt

MLG Pro
I'm not going to be doing it either. I came in late to the game and the other teams were already well solidified. I'm just trying to get that first longer endurance race under my belt.
You know, the Le Mans race is in a couple weeks.... if you weren't insistent on running that crappy corvette....

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Also, I added a couple suits to the first post. I already painted a suit for the B2O Ford team, but I went ahead and mocked up a couple for the Holden teams, as well. Don't feel obligated to use them, I just didn't want you guys to be left out either.

Jes_971

Hardcore
I'm bowing out of this years 1000, due to my ineptitude in this car on this track. I still really want to but the lack of consistency on my part has left me nervous. I don't want to endanger anyone elses race due to my lack of consistency. Which is one thing that is very easy to do on this track. Particularly on top of the mountain as we all know. This is not the end mind you. Only the beginning.;)

Noodleguitar

I'm bowing out of this years 1000, due to my ineptitude in this car on this track. I still really want to but the lack of consistency on my part has left me nervous. I don't want to endanger anyone elses race due to my lack of consistency. Which is one thing that is very easy to do on this track. Particularly on top of the mountain as we all know. This is not the end mind you. Only the beginning.;)
Hehe, then you can watch us all crash and laugh really hard :p.

I would want to ask you something though. If you're not driving, and IF you're around before the 13:00 GMT session starts, would you be up for registering together with me so I can try to get into Davey's/Marc's/Nejtun's split? Our combined iRating would make 2.9k which I hope might be close enough to get me into their split. You would show up as a driver inside the team in the session but your safety rating is not affected. This is only if you are there at the start of course and not doing something else.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Yea I can be up and register with you, Noel. Can I still enter test sessions if I'm signed up for a race? This is just in case I feel like driving while the race is still going. I'll probably be watching and rooting you guys on while trying to choke back the tears of sadness. Go forth young princes and soar on the wings of eight cylinders over the peak of the mountain.

Noodleguitar

Haha, thanks a lot Jes. You can withdraw yourself after the session launches and then do anything you want, testing or official. It's just my team that is bound to that race and that you wouldn't be able to register for anything else.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Awesome. Great job. Looks like now I don't need to make s highlight video since we didn't sweep the podium. Oh well. :p

I assume at least one of you can post the replay? Multiple relays are appreciated.

EDIT: Also results link?

Last edited:

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17