Dirt confirmed

Daunt

MLG Pro
Personally I love the potential but I'm a tad worried what this means for day/night transitions in the short term, and what it means for rain down the road. No pun intended. Sure that's mean being selfish as a road-only racer. But expansion into rallycross strikes me as a bit odd.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Yes. It's one of those threads. but its real! Rejoice all you left turners!

[video=youtube;Nl5DZyAKkCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5DZyAKkCw[/video]

JK April fools!
It's not "Turn Lefters", its "Turn right to GO lefters"... jeez, have you never seen Cars??

To you're point about rain though, I actually think dirt would be a step towards that since they'll have to introduce surfaces of various water content (dust, clay, or mud) so that might carry over to pavement as well (damp, wet, or standing water).

I agree, the addition of RallyX is not interesting to me, though. Sounds like they're just going to make fun circuits out of existing tracks, at the moment. The idea makes me want to run to Carb Cup for safety..............

#FuckCarbCup

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
This news is cool and all but does nothing for me. I'll eventually level up Oval (to some point) but only if I'm completely bored out of my skull or nagged on TS.

...doing it on my own accord will likely never happen.

Now Dirt Ovals, neat but why?

Please iRacing, concentrate on more manufacturers in a field so we can keep the Ruf and add the Aston. For that matter I'd even consider adding the Fraud back in as I know it would make at least one person happy.

Peeble

Core
This news is cool and all but does nothing for me. I'll eventually level up Oval (to some point) but only if I'm completely bored out of my skull or nagged on TS.

...doing it on my own accord will likely never happen.

Now Dirt Ovals, neat but why?

Please iRacing, concentrate on more manufacturers in a field so we can keep the Ruf and add the Aston. For that matter I'd even consider adding the Fraud back in as I know it would make at least one person happy.
But Rally Cross!

Jerad

TS3 SA
But Rally Cross!
Yay Rally Cross!

Honestly with the amount of content that iracing is working on and putting out lately it is obvious they are growing and have multiple teams working on different things at once right now. I think RX could be a good gateway to bring the rally-sim fans on to the service.

E

ElektroVodka

Well, i'd be all over RX, that way i don't stand out as a maniac among the others.( i guess i will find a way)

I wonder how they're going to implement the tracks tho, it's not like u can laser scan them like the road tracks.
Just a bit of rain and the track is completely different, not to mention track usage :)

Guess i'll be looking into a handbrake as an addition to the G27 now :)

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
For that matter I'd even consider adding the Fraud back in as I know it would make at least one person happy.
Oh yes it would :lol:

And also the only Fraud here is the Ruf pretending to be a Porsche. ;)

All in all I'm somewhat excited to see Dirt and all of the different possibilities that's going to be an out come of it. Kinda Eh on RX it'll be fun to dick around and what not but I can't take the real Rally Cross series seriously I know for a fact I won't be able to in a game. I think Iracing is stepping in the right direction and crossing my fingers on a good product and release.

Plus I think it was Marc that mentioned with Dirt it'll push towards different weather factors then what we already have, different levels of rain and standing water.

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Well, i'd be all over RX, that way i don't stand out as a maniac among the others.( i guess i will find a way)

I wonder how they're going to implement the tracks tho, it's not like u can laser scan them like the road tracks.
Just a bit of rain and the track is completely different, not to mention track usage :)

Guess i'll be looking into a handbrake as an addition to the G27 now :)
iRacing sort of addressed that. Yes, the surface chances, but they'll get a basic read on the banking, as well as the surrounding structures (walls, grandstands, and other reference points that don't change).

E

ElektroVodka

I'd still be as stupid as before without you around here Zac ;)
Not saying i'm not, but just less :)

Daunt

MLG Pro
Seems iRacing has been busy keeping left-turners happy! Good for them!

They seemed to have signed another oval... oddly, it's a clay oval. Why have they been yelling for dirt and now they're adding clay ovals?? :lol:

In addition to the already-announced Eldora, iRacing signed Williams-Grove speedway. Never heard of either of em... hope they're the bigger names in short dirt ovals.

http://www.iracing.com/iracing-to-build-virtual-williams-grove-speedway/

Daunt

MLG Pro

Jerad

TS3 SA
Those guys are insane, so looks with the new changes someone having an off in a corner can really much up the traction in that area?

Noodleguitar

Maybe, after a lot of incidents. Perhaps I need to revisit my driving style of using all of the track + a bit of the grass...

Daunt

MLG Pro

just shared on iracing's facebook.

Development work on dirt is going great! The physics, art, and track dynamics systems are all starting to work together in real-time. Today we took the #25 Sprint car out for a spin at Eldora Speedway. Here you'll see the first glimpse of a prepared track beginning to develop a groove. Not yet visible but almost ready will be the accumulation of loose dirt and a cushion. Again, this is all dynamic... the track will constantly change and react dynamically based on the action on the track, resulting in an unparalleled dirt racing simulation.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads