Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford

• BMW

• Total voters

Jes_971

Hardcore
Thank you jes! We've missed you in our league races and such. We'll be streaming!
I might pop by and see how the team is doing. Wish I could chat when I do but my headset took a dump. Now I'm stuck with regular headphones.

Noodleguitar

Here is a qualifying lap I did earlier in practice. I've done pretty much the same time in official qualifying.

I was struggling to get below a 2:17.9 for a while, until I lowered the wing to 1 and then 0. It becomes harder to drive during braking and through Eau Rouge, but it's much faster.

Attachments

Daunt

MLG Pro
Here is a qualifying lap I did earlier in practice. I've done pretty much the same time in official qualifying.
Don't remember if I mentioned it to you but you're an admin now of the team.

Ken are you adjusting the paint? I think Noel mentinoed you had talked about it when I was afk. I'd also like to include a few more Blancpain partner sponsors on it and the Blancpain number plates. I'm going to update the OP of the sponsors thread to have proper number plate overlays.

For local reference, the team # is 58577.

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I haven't had time to update the Paint as of yet, I'll tackle it either tonight or Thursday.

For the other sponsors I'm guessing you want things such as Total, SRO and other Blancpain decals. Do you know where they're placed on the vehicles and/or do you have an image template to go by?

After last nights practice I was finally able to hit the mid 19's but I wasn't terribly consistent. I haven't looked at my average laptime yet but I'm guessing it could have been as high as high 21's.

I'll be practicing the remainder of the week to try and get this down but I'm a bit worried about consistently being in the 19's and low 20's for the race.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Yep just keep at it! Doing well so far Ken and a safe race pace is much better- its 24 hours after all. You know the deal. Also try and run fuel buddy just so we have a roundabout idea of what your fuel useage looks like.

As for paint- I do mean those sponsors, yes. In the sponsors thread, you can get them easily and I've marked in the OP which belong to which series. I don't have an overlay for the sponsors themselves, only for the number plates and sun screen.

I'm not positive where they go but judging by what I saw on Friday, the only thing I saw that looked required (saw the same on all cars) was Pirelli stickers on both sides of both bumpers and the Total sticker in the middle of the rear bumper, as well as the front bumper (middle or failing that, both sides)

Plus obviously the Blancpain sun screen.

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Ya ok that's easily doable Kyle as the Pirelli's have been on all my GT3 cars anyway.

I was a bit worried you wanted all the Blancpain Sponsors because there are a lot of them and we're too space limited to add them all. More than a few of them become unintelligible blobs when sized down which is why I only add the main Sponsors such as Pirelli, Continental and whatever else we need.

My bad on Fuel Buddy, I don't know what's wrong with it? The icon no longer displays in my Task Bar and if I go to relaunch it the app crashes for whatever reason.

Now I have to manually launch it every time to get it working but I forget pretty much all the time to do so lol.

I'll run it tonight and report back on my findings. I just hope I'm somewhere in the window because I tend to be horrible on fuel.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Ya ok that's easily doable Kyle as the Pirelli's have been on all my GT3 cars anyway.... More than a few of them become unintelligible blobs when sized down which is why I only add the main Sponsors such as Pirelli, Continental and whatever else we need.
Continental? That is not a Blancpain partner. It's mostly just SRO, Total, Pirelli and the fuel company, whatever the name is. I can't remember the name. Anyway, Pirelli and Total I'd say are the must haves.

My bad on Fuel Buddy, I don't know what's wrong with it?
Reinstall? I'm sure there's been numerous updates since the last time you've installed... I'm sure that will fix it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I was using Continental as an instance as we had to add it for one Endurance event. I can't remember if it was Daytona 24hr or something but it had to replace Pirelli as a tires sponsor.

I actually did reinstall Fuel Buddy with the latest version from their website but it crashes for some reason? I think I have OS issues though as some programs refuse to update even as an Administrator.

I finally managed to update Teamspeak which has been failing update for months now :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for BF1 to come out as I'll be picking up a new SSD and installing Windows 10.

Dorsen

Casual
By the way, I'll do some laps at Spa to see if I'm able to do decent, consistent laps. If I am, I'd be happy to participate in the race if you need more bodies :) .

EDIT: I did a couple of laps, and I can do 1:21s pretty easily on a full tank with my own setup. Track temp was 31C.

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I think Kyle made the schedule so it's up to him where to place you but I have no objections to you running. I know he'd require more information though on how many stints you want to run and time frame.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Great choices... Honestly the black falcon one is sexy as hell. Love the paint. I saw that on TP earlier today and it's fantastic.

Daunt

MLG Pro
At this point in the game Dorsen, I think it would best to keep you as a backup in case something pops up for someone. Maybe we can work something out but I will need to redo the schedule, and soon. Would need to know your TZ, availability, what you'd want to run, etc.

Can you be on the rest of this week to turn more practice laps / do a full fuel run or two? Also you'd need to use the setup in the OP.

Noodleguitar

Did another stint last night. Accidentally did 29 laps because I realized it too late. I had to lift a little before the chicane and entered the pits with about 0.8 L left.

The most wear was on my front left tire I believe, which had 77% left.
20160804043540_1.jpg

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics