iRacing: Aston Martin GT1 possible for Season 3!

Daunt

MLG Pro
eAs5ACP.png
Pretty good looking. Still can't decide between it and the Vette. Didn't they confirm that unlike the Vette, this will have TC?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Wow that looks amazing fully skinned.

I really hope they either disable TC on this car or add it to the Vette to balance things out. As it stands there will still be no reason to drive the Vette.

This must have the Vette drivers up in arms because it means their series will likely see a huge influx of GT3 n00bs all driving this thing as if it's an HPD lol.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Corvette has the TC. It had it for quite some time now.
Oh does it?? I read some people were pretty miffed that the Aston will get it. Mainly because one would have it and one wouldn't. Interesting.

HOLD UP though. Is the aston right hand drive? On a related and very important note, are there GT3 restrictions on this or can it be either side? Because if it is right hand drive fuck that.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Wow that looks amazing fully skinned.

I really hope they either disable TC on this car or add it to the Vette to balance things out. As it stands there will still be no reason to drive the Vette.

This must have the Vette drivers up in arms because it means their series will likely see a huge influx of GT3 n00bs all driving this thing as if it's an HPD lol.
There will undoubtedly be a huge influx. And I think you misread me, and Dino can confirm because i'm not 100% positive, but I think this will have TC too.

Slider

Hardcore
If you don't buy the car just because of right hand drive, that's just...sucks for you! :D

Yes, GT1 has TC but not ABS and appropriately, both cars do/will have it. Aston is a British car, so I expect it to have right hand drive, but.....looky look:

DBRS9 (GT3)

DBR9 (GT1)

I personally wouldn't mind a change.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Does it not look like it is right hand drive from the render? It def looks like its left from your photos and I hope it is. I set my damn desk up with the two monitors, 1 center and one right, and it is almost useless in a right hand drive car like the V8... what I've been mostly driving this season.

Slider

Hardcore
I can't tell by the render, but every picture of a racing variant I found so far had the left hand drive. Even their own website stated in most cases road going versions have 5 times more left than right hand drive variants on the road.

You might be in luck.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Not just me! The whole world minus the crazy Brits and their societal misfits / convicts of down under. Oh and the Japanese but they are always weird.

I think that may be the winner.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I don't think it will be right hand drive as the Blancpain version is left and I'm sure we'll see it in GT3 sooner or later.

Daunt

MLG Pro
What makes things interesting is that they've confirmed another GT3 in the near future... current limitations are at 5 cars max per session. So with the Aston, Blancpain series will be maxed. So they'd either have to drop a car or, much more likely, there will be even more game engine improvements... basically means this game engine improvement, possibly/probably linked to DX11, needs to come before the following GT3.

Speculating is fun! Speaking of DX11... when is the release for DX12? Is iRacing forever destined to be a full version behind?

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads