Metro Last Light

Shilka

Hardcore
Cool! My pc meets 0% of the -minimum- requirements, but I'm ok with a watercolour version on xbox :p
It's an absolute sweet screenshot though!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I really hope this game improves upon what was right in 2033 and fixes some of the few issues that were present.

I'm considering taking the two days off work around release time to record the footage and upload it to YouTube as a Let's Play; haven't decided yet.

I think i'm gonna hold off on this one, if only because I have a metric shitton of games to play through in the meantime. I might as well wait for a seriously discounted Steam or GamersGate sale in a year or two. Hell, I haven't finished 2033 or any of the STALKER games yet.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I can't wait on this one, I've waited too long for it and watched it's development cycle since it was announced.

I do know what you mean though, I just picked this up and Grid 2 on Steam. The Last of Us is just around the corner as is Battlefield 4 so I'm pretty much busy right through 'til this time next year.

Here's a list of JUST the games I've started, but have yet to finish:

- Sleeping Dogs
- Rome: Total War (well, one campaign as the julii)
- Dragon Age: Origins (and all DLC therefor)
- KOTOR 1
- Metro 2033
- Darksiders
- Assassin's Creed 2 (on X360)
- Halo: Anniversary Edition (also on X360)
- Alpha Protocol
- RAGE
- Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
- Sam & Max Episode 101.
- Deus Ex (the new version and its DLC)
- Fallout 3's DLC (Operation Anchorage, the swamp one, and Mothership Zeta are all I have left, I think)
- Heroes of Might and Magic V
- Need for Speed: Undercover

And that's JUST the games I've started that I INTEND to finish. There's others I started but gave up on (e.g. Oblivion, and Call of Juarez: Bound by Blood on the 360).

That doesn't even go near the myriad games I have on Steam and elsewhere to catch up on. I could keep myself busy for YEARS.

Shilka

Hardcore
And a bit more vid

[video=youtube;nwvNPZSpqbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwvNPZSpqbU[/video]

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Holy sh1t they showed a dark one at the end and I thought they were supposed to be scorched from the Earth?

I wonder if that's the beginning of the game?

Epic movie though, actually gave me chills.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Incidentally, it's worth mentioning that Metro Last Light actually releases on May 14 in North America and the 17th in Europe.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
4 Videos I hadn't seen before which talk about many aspects of Metro Last Light as well as 2033.

[video=youtube;gt86p3t3E3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gt86p3t3E3A[/video]

[video=youtube;EfK0oesyayc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EfK0oesyayc[/video]

[video=youtube;90dJ8aMyodY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=90dJ8aMyodY[/video]

[video=youtube;EXuDDUoJpjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EXuDDUoJpjM[/video]

Shilka

Hardcore
These video's rock, and I love the way the game is presented without making it sound like an advertisement. Listen carefully to these and you'll understand what makes this game stand out from an average shooter. Stuff like no hud, ammo preserving, constant choices in tactical approach, subtle worked in rpg elements, interactive storyline and if it's anything like or even more then metro 2033, incredible atmospheric surroundings that will have you walk on your toes throughout the game. I'm very much looking forward to this game!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Steam is currently pre-loading the game for me :)

I intend on publishing a Let's Play for Metro Last Light so if you want to see the game a bit more in-depth, you'll be able to on Fragtard's YouTube Channel starting Tuesday Morning May 14.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Just a few Metro Last Light clips put together by IGN a day or so ago:

[video=youtube;sV5XInC79GE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5XInC79GE[/video]

I can't believe how amazing this game looks!

Shilka

Hardcore
Awesome, great atmosphere, and I absolutely love the slow pace, you're almost making a decision on every bullet you fire. My kind of game!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I've played through a bit of the Intro portion of the game and have just embarked on my first mission. Sound, lighting and atmosphere are amazing as usual as are weapon animations.

I'm just putting the final touches on my Let's Play and will be uploading to YouTube shortly.

Shilka

Hardcore
Awesome! (as in I envy you)

Are you playing in ranger mode? I know I will, I want this to be unforgivingly hard to force myself to the right choices, and if that means getting stuck in some parts because of running out of ammo/filters or having made the wrong choices at shops and having to replay from the start then so be it.

(sorry won't be watching your lets play untill I 've finished at least one play through myself, but it will be interesting to watch then all the more to see how we both tackled certain bits)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
No I won't be playing in Ranger Mode until the second play through. The real difficult modes slow the gameplay down considerably for me and don't lend themselves well to uploading to YouTube.

The game will be difficult enough on Normal for me as I'm a total loot whore and that always lands me in trouble.

Shilka

Hardcore
I think in this game playing on hardcore mode requires you to be a loot whore, or else you won't have enough stuff to get you through the game. But I understand for video purposes.

little P

Super Mod
This is in the steam sale, so I'm downloading now, really looking forward to immersing myself in this one :) Might need to change my underwear a few times though looking at the trailers :icon_eek:

I've been tempted to get the game...but I STILL haven't finished 2033, and haven't even tried the STALKER games. Plus I've got a crapload of other games to play.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads