Nurburgring Endurance Championship

Deb

iRacing Nurburgring Endurance Championship Announces Nine-Race 2024 Schedule
March 14th, 2024 by Chris Leone

The iRacing Nurburgring Endurance Championship will run a nine-race championship in 2024, beginning on March 30 and running through the end of October. Inspired by Nordschleife-based events in the real world, this series of endurance events brings a full slate of GT and touring cars to the ‘Ring.

There will be four timeslots each weekend, with races launching at 7:00 GMT and 17:30 GMT on Saturdays and 1:00 GMT and 13:00 GMT on Sundays. Eight of the nine races on the schedule will be four hours long, while Round 5 on July 27-28 will be a six-hour race.

The 2024 iRacing Nurburgring Endurance Championship schedule is as follows:

• Round 1: March 30-31 (4 hours)
  • Round 2: April 20-21 (4 hours)
  • Round 3: May 11-12 (4 hours)
  • Round 4: July 13-14 (4 hours)
  • Round 5: July 27-28 (6 hours)
  • Round 6: August 17-18 (4 hours)
  • Round 7: August 31-September 1 (4 hours)
  • Round 8: September 28-29 (4 hours)
  • Round 9: October 26-27 (4 hours)
The full lineup of cars competing in the 2024 iRacing Nurburgring Endurance Championship is as follows:

• GT3: Audi R8 LMS EVO II GT3, BMW M4 GT3, Ferrari 296 GT3, Mercedes-AMG GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
  • GT3 Cup: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)
  • GT4: Aston Martin Vantage GT4, BMW M4 GT4, Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • TCR: Honda Civic Type R TCR, Hyundai Elantra TCR
  • GR86: Toyota GR86
To learn more about the event, its time slots, the latest information on the cars that will be competing, and everything else you need to know, visit the iRacing Forums.

Deb

@Skid_Marc_ and I are going to try this and do as many races as we can. We're going to drive the Merc. If anyone else wants to join in, let us know, even if you can't do all the races, that is fine. We'll be doing the second timeslot on Saturday. Or if a few want to join in, we could run a side B2O Nurburgring Endurance Championship, could be fun ;)

Nejtun

I am hoping to run these in the Touring car class, if anyone has the Hyundai Elantra and wants to join me then please give me a shout!
I will attempt to do the first one this Saturday 30th March Solo, but I think this will be tough so a team mate for subsequent events would be nice!
The TC class is the least populated so almost guaranteed to be all 5 classes in those races, I too plan to run the 17:30 GMT split.
:)

Noodleguitar

@Nejtun , your Hyundai got a +5 kg BoP, so that will make it about twice as slow :)

iRacing fucked up the class order, it was not an issue with Marc's hosted session. They are fixing it though.

Apparently I need to be careful on my tires. I did a full stint in the 992 Cup tonight and my spotter complained about tire wear a couple of times. When I looked afterwards, some of my tires were down to 32%, and the track was only 27 degrees.

Nejtun

Pretty sure I practiced with the BoP Yesterday and the performance was comparable with the hosted, 32% is ok for tyres though right? Does the Porsche not change tyres at the same time as fuel?

Dirk Federmann (who I believe is the community lead for this series) has done a pretty comprehensive FAQ which I will link right here

Noodleguitar

Pretty sure I practiced with the BoP Yesterday and the performance was comparable with the hosted, 32% is ok for tyres though right? Does the Porsche not change tyres at the same time as fuel?
It is managable and I can change tyres every pit stop, but I am a bit worried to see what happens at 40+ track temperatures.

Noodleguitar

Although saying that, I recall that tires were not replaced at the same time as fuelling for the cup car, unless that was changed at some point.

Deb

Have they extended rain to all car classes in the Championship Series now? I went to practice a bit on the Nord, went to the Championship Series and hit test drive and left default weather. Although it said no chance of rain on the default, when I got in the session it was raining. I have to tell you, if there is going to be rain, it is going to be insane. Very hard to get the car around on the line you are use to, so you will have to learn a different line at many place on the track. So definitely need some practice. Definitely a start from the pits if that is the weather.

Noodleguitar

Have they extended rain to all car classes in the Championship Series now? I went to practice a bit on the Nord, went to the Championship Series and hit test drive and left default weather. Although it said no chance of rain on the default, when I got in the session it was raining. I have to tell you, if there is going to be rain, it is going to be insane. Very hard to get the car around on the line you are use to, so you will have to learn a different line at many place on the track. So definitely need some practice. Definitely a start from the pits if that is the weather.
Haha, that is weird! When I select the Porsche Cup, my test session weather says "Chance of rain: None". When I select the Mercedes it says "Chance of rain: 20%".
I think this is because the weather is generated for only 1 car in a test session, so the official sessions won't have rain enabled yet.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads