Show off your work!

Screenshot 2023-10-21 230936.png
Screenshot 2023-10-21 231600.png

So not a bad start. Some of this was probably the easiest. The biggest challenge was getting the icing to wrap around the donut without clipping. I had a lot of fun personalizing the drips. On the inside of the donut I made some of the icing crease. It doesn't show up that strongly.
Screenshot 2023-10-22 031155.png

Coloring the donut and icing was a pretty good time. I made the icing as shiny as possible. Really shows off those details I did earlier. However when it came to using the geometry nodes to procedurally generate the sprinkles in the right locations I messed up. I accidentally connected the sprinkles to the donut rather than to the icing.
Screenshot 2023-10-22 235524.png

I was able to fix that by starting over with the geometry nodes. I took a break for some weeks after this point.

donut PROGRESS 1.1.png

When I came back to it all, it was time to tweak and color the sprinkles with the shading tools. There was a good use of different tools to duplicate and reshape the sprinkles. There were some designs I liked, and the ones I didn't I just deleted. Then shading nodes in order to get all of the colors to vary in this way without gradient or mixing.

Not featured here I also animated the donut. The lighting I think needs to be improved. Also I don't know (yet) how to move the source-sprinkles for the geometry nodes out of the picture so that there isn't a random selection of floating sprinkles detached from the donut. I'm sure I can move them individually and attach them to the icing. If the source sprinkles are deleted, then all of their copies on the icing also disappear.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads