ArmA3 Apex released on Dev-Branch

E

ElektroVodka

Hey guys, just a heads up for everyone who owns ArmA3 Apex.
If you switch your game from Stable branch to Dev Branch you'll be able to download Apex.

Can't wait to see what the map looks like!

Attachments

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It should mean we can use it. This is how Bohemia finds out what the bugs are via dev branch so they can address the biggest ones prior to release.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
There are some MP lobbies up, tho I've already had to submit three crash reports to Bohemia, so it doesn't appear very stable... haha

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
They'll roll out hotfixes probably every day now until release I'd wager. Bohemia is pretty good about getting things stable and then working on optimization and less critical bug fixes.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Its just nice to have a map that is actually green! So far toured about half of the island. Might be kind of nice to just get in with a helicopter and check the whole map out, but right now the lobbies are a little short on good heli pilots.

E

ElektroVodka

I've flown from one airfield to another when my brother called that he needed some help. But yah it's either Arma or GTA as it finally downloaded.

I feel really fecked tho, i planned on B2O having the first Tanoa Wasteland server but shit happened...

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Its just nice to have a map that is actually green! So far toured about half of the island. Might be kind of nice to just get in with a helicopter and check the whole map out, but right now the lobbies are a little short on good heli pilots.
There are Map mods that bring in maps from previous versions of ArmA such as Chernarus.

E

ElektroVodka

Yeah AIA and CUP i think add all previous Bohemia made maps.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I've flown from one airfield to another when my brother called that he needed some help. But yah it's either Arma or GTA as it finally downloaded.

We've already slated Friday for GTA, so I'd rather do ArmA tonight. Just have to do some house keeping first.

Last edited:
E

ElektroVodka

The terrain on itself is already quite the masterpiece but i can't imagine what the rest of Apex will do to the experience.
Thanks for posting that video Duke!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Well, with official iRacing out of the picture for me the next two days, anyone want to do some ArmA 3 Apex? Right now there are more servers up for the Apex Beta 1.62xx) over Dev-Branch (1.63xx) so you might want to switch those for the time being.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'd love to do this tonight but given I've still not run a full fuel run in the C7DP I'll be doing that again all night probably. It's the only time I have left before Saturday as League will take up Friday night.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads