1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Yes @Sam Roselaar, you the man bigguy!

Great to have you aboard.

2. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

nice @Sam Roselaar , I think 4 makes a pretty nice number for the C7 guys ? If any more want to do the C7 we can throw together another team possibly?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Jes_971 likes this.
  3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Yea I think 4 is ideal. Gives everyone around 6 stints so a good amount of effort from everyone.

4. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Unless Dino speaks up far earlier than last time he won't have a seat in the C7.

Both Jes and I turned laps with another guy last night who also may be interested in joining us in the C7. He's got good pace and if he's up for it I think he'd make a fine addition.

The guys name was @Zach and he pretty much fit right in lol.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  5. ShadniX

ShadniX Casual

I think I'd like to go for a "Class 2" stint amount. Based on my VLN experience, I'd like to limit the number of consecutive stints to 2. I've added my times to the list. I should be able to be around for the whole event, though if possible, I'd like to have a bit of rest in EU friendly times (marked that as yellow). I'll see if I can get a day of vacation on the 22nd - then it wouldn't matter if I ruin my sleep schedule on the weekend.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  6. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

This is all in pencil, right now, so if you're not happy/want to change your mind, we still have a few drivers yet to come back from Winter break..

..but it looks like;

2 DP teams - Nejtun, Jes, Ken, Sam, Dino, Zach?
    Ferrari GTE team - Matt, Peeble?, Ryan
    Ford GTE team - Anson?, Marc, Davey, Kelly?
    Mercedes GT3 team - Hans, Dennis?, Noël?, Kelly?
    Mercedes GT3/Ferrari GTE team - Deb?, Bedo?, Reid?, Kelly?

I'd expect it will be another week before we've heard from everyone, but, however it breaks down, this is a very impressive looking list!

Noodleguitar and Jes_971 like this.
  7. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Looking like one of our strongest showings so far!!! B2O Army comin at cha!!!!

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  8. Brainling

Brainling Core

I filled in my availability. I'd prefer the 488 GTE, but if I had to move seats to fill a spot my preference would be: C7, Ford GTE, Audi, in that order.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  9. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Duke I made some setup changes that bring about more stability. Changed the differential settings to stabilize corner roll-through and corner exit acceleration. Messing with tire pressures as well but don't have them zeroed just yet.

10. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

The race speadsheet is updated, if you have replied/confirmed in either the stickied post for the years events or this thread with your car choice AND/OR put your available times/stints down on the RACE SHEET , then your name will be in black and bold. if your name is still in white then we are waiting to hear from you in one way or another!

11. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

There is an endurance folder for 2018 in the iRacing file-browser on Teamspeak, it has subfolders for paints and setups, so please put any changes and additions in there so your whole team have access, remember of course to liaise with your team mates if you are making changes that can affect the whole team!

12. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

It would be fun if we can be in same split but that can be hard to setup because it will be many splits and IR window is more narrow

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  13. Slider

Slider Hardcore

I am here and following the forums. I can not always participate daily as I am quite occupied during the week. I have made a post on master thread that I am available for the Ford too.

Due to another event on 20th, I will not be available between 1800 and 2000 GMT.
    I can do 4 stints in a row comfortably, up to 8h of total driving, depending on schedule.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Skid_Marc_ and Duke like this.
  14. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

@Nejtun @Duke @Jes_971

i've bought the track and the C7 and i just drove my first few laps to get a feel for the car. the first thing i had to get used to was that the driver seat was on the right of the car?? it felt so weird at first and i still keep hooking the grass/curbs on the left too much. simply because i keep forgetting i have 2 meters of extra car on my left :p

overall it felt like a challenging and fun car to drive. it's gonna be a while before i can properly brake in this car. and is it just me or does this car need a lot of steering input?

anyway i'm looking forward to driving this car with you. when does the group practice start? :)

and if anyone cares my best lap after 90 minutes of practice is roughly a 1:39,- (i don't know if this is any good at all)

Duke and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  15. Ryan Walker

Ryan Walker Casual

I'll be free once I get home from work on race day at 10 pm so will be free till the end of the race and don't mind doing night stints and early morning stints and the end of the race if needed.

Also if you need to swap me over to another car (I have the C7, Mercedes and Ford so no issues there) then I have no issues with that.

16. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Sam Roselaar I just got the car on Friday and my best is a 1:38:2. I'm usually sitting top 3 in server with a 1:39 but I don't know the quality of the other drivers. Fastest I've seen so far is a 1:37 I believe. @Duke might want to second or correct that claim.

17. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

I've also put in 208 laps of practice already. Your either doing pretty good by almost matching my lap times or I'm doing shitty. I'm usually running 1:39's-1:40's during a full fuel stint. I've messed with the diff settings in the car and thought I had made it easier to drive faster but then last night I switched back to the original set and was as fast but maybe a little harder on the rear tires. I don't know, maybe someone with some more time in the car will know where to go with the set. @Nejtun What kind of experience do you have in this beast?

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  18. Skid_Marc_

We may be able to coordinate two teams in the same class, (C7, Ferrari or Merc all have potential to be two teams), but coordinating teams together in different classes is impossible. Will be based solely on luck. We did get lucky for the Petit Le Mans!

We'll take a closer look at iRatings, and which driver(s) are signing up a team, once we have the teams sorted!

19. Skid_Marc_

For those of you interested, these are the times from our race last year. (2nd Split)

Fastest C7DP in the field ran a 1:37.957 on lap 4/854.
    Our pace in the Merc saw a 1:44.116 on lap 274/789 (Not mine, fuck you @Peeble)

Top split VRS Coanda Simsport ran a 1:37.206 in the C7DP.
    Top split Pure Racing Team with a 143.088 in the Merc.

Jes_971 likes this.
  20. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Wow, that actually puts me at ease a bit. Looking at the majority of the fastest lap times and averages I'm feeling more like I'm where I should be. Thanks for that, @Skid_Marc_ !