Noodleguitar

The Ferrari and Porsche fuel charts have been updated, but not much has changed, mostly average lap times, making the stints slightly longer.

Because the laps are so long the full-fuel chart for the Ferrari came out to have a 0-lap stint at the end, which should be 1 lap. If some drivers can do 8 laps then the fuel saving chart is probably most appropriate, having a mix of 7 and 8 laps per stint, and 21 stops. The fuel saving chart seems most useful for the Mercedes as well.

Brainling

Hardcore
I don't think we have a choice. Not everyone is a crazy person willing to do 8 hours of driving in a 24 like I am. To split in to two you'd end up with two teams that needed every driver to do 8 stints.

I'm not a fan either, I think a six person team is too big, and doesn't give enough drive time to each driver...but it is what it is.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I don't think we have a choice. Not everyone is a crazy person willing to do 8 hours of driving in a 24 like I am. To split in to two you'd end up with two teams that needed every driver to do 8 stints.

I'm not a fan either, I think a six person team is too big, and doesn't give enough drive time to each driver...but it is what it is.
Yeah, unless everyone comes out of Practice Pals super confident and ready to do a minimum of 6 hours of driving each, or more, I'm not really sure how else to do things..

@Noodleguitar @Fromthenavy @Sam Roselaar I have a first draft schedule done for you guys, as well..

@Skid_Marc_ I just know you owe us champagne,few of them :)

I saw in the chart in endurance racing tips this line
If we finish, I will have champagne ready!

so yeah...we are thirsty ahaha :)

Slider

Hardcore
Understandable, do what's best for the team.

How do you plan to register the team? Highest iR or anyone?

LoucMachine

Casual
If the schedule does not change, I am fine with it, but I get way more than some other drivers and I also like having more drive time than less. I wouldnt mind being in a team of 3 (a team of 3 and a team of 4 as we re 7) but a team of 4 is still about 6h per driver, so it may be too high for some people? Its as you guys wish!

well at least our triples are at the start. but yeah this is going to be a rough weekend. 3+ hours of driving followed by 4 hours of sleep followed by another 2x2 hours of driving... rip me

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
If we need a Ferrari Team of 3 then I can probably help populate it.

It's a lot more driving than I want to do but I'm willing to do it if it allows for everyone to get more drive time.

...BUT, we need this figured out and cemented no later than tonight. I have work to do on all liveries to add drivers names and do not want to be doing this work on Friday.

LoucMachine

Casual
If we need a Ferrari Team of 3 then I can probably help populate it.

It's a lot more driving than I want to do but I'm willing to do it if it allows for everyone to get more drive time.

...BUT, we need this figured out and cemented no later than tonight. I have work to do on all liveries to add drivers names and do not want to be doing this work on Friday.
Yup, lets figure that out tonight!

Also Thanks @Noodleguitar and @Skid_Marc_ for your nice work once again !!

Brainling

Hardcore
I'd also be willing to do the requisite amount of drive time for a team of 3, but I don't want to leave anyone high and dry either. I'll be on tonight to talk about it.

Bedo

Core
Hey Marc, I've suddenly become "unavailable" after 5pm on Saturday and not by choice. Any chance I can get my night 9pm stints swapped for earlier ones? I don't mind doing the opening laps and switching off with Denis if Volker wants to trade spots with me. I'm assuming he doesn't sleep. :)

Deb

Hey Marc, I've suddenly become "unavailable" after 5pm on Saturday and not by choice. Any chance I can get my night 9pm stints swapped for earlier ones? I don't mind doing the opening laps and switching off with Denis if Volker wants to trade spots with me. I'm assuming he doesn't sleep. :)
@Skid_Marc_, I think you can just move Bedo to stints 22 and 23 and Hans and Christian to stints 15 and 16, respectively, if that is okay with them. I just sent it to them, so hopefully they'll be okay with it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Brainling and @LoucMachine, assuming we split into a 3 man Team are you guys willing to take one of my stints or are you looking for even share across the board?

The only reason I ask is I'm glad to do this to give you guys more seat time but have been very transparent in my desire to drive less than more.

Essentially you guys would get the same amount of stints and I would be 1 or 2 stints lesser.

We can talk about this tonight and decide.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads