B2O Paint Schemes for iRacing

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need Trading Paints Pro to see any of this on Custom made paints.

I'm guessing because iRacing implemented support in Sim it means I can create liveries and view spec maps locally however not see them when uploaded to Trading Paints.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need Trading Paints Pro to see any of this on Custom made paints.

I'm guessing because iRacing implemented support in Sim it means I can create liveries and view spec maps locally however not see them when uploaded to Trading Paints.
This is correct, for anyone else who is wondering. This feature requires an additional "car_spec_xxxxxx.tga" file to be uploaded to Trading Paints, and Steve Luvender from Trading Paints was very blunt in his stance that server hosting isn't free, so they are placing this feature behind the "Trading Paints Pro" membership at an annual cost of $24.00 USD per year. This is consistent with their other "Pro" advantages; the additional "car_decal_xxxxxx.tga", as well as the ability to upload Day and Night paint schemes to one car at the same time.

You will still be able to see Spec Maps locally, if you add the "Car_Spec_xxxxxx.tga" yourself, or share it via another hosting service (TS File Browser, for example) and all hosted Trading Paints spec maps will be downloaded/visable to you whether you are "Pro" or not.

Another option to circumvent Trading Paints, while still getting Endurance skins out there, would be via the iRacing Forums. For each Endurance event, there is usually a way to submit paint schemes to the Broadcast crew, and I believe those files are made available to everyone on the service to download. Can you confirm that @Noodleguitar ?

Anyways, here are some more examples iRacing showed off on the Twitter:

Noodleguitar

Another option to circumvent Trading Paints, while still getting Endurance skins out there, would be via the iRacing Forums. For each Endurance event, there is usually a way to submit paint schemes to the Broadcast crew, and I believe those files are made available to everyone on the service to download. Can you confirm that @Noodleguitar ?
Yep, if the top split is broadcast by RaceSpot they will ask teams to upload their car paint, and then they make the whole pack available for everyone shortly before the race.

I don't think they accepted decal files, which makes sense since they want to keep the paint schemes somewhat official. If it's possible to throw regular and specular paint files together into one pack (which should be possible) then I guess that RaceSpot would accept both files eventually.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Kenadian Trading Paints has decided to change their stance on the new Spec Maps.

Free Spec Maps For All!
Yep, saw that.

This was probably the decision that will make me subscribe oddly enough.

I'll likely contact them directly and see if I can get a response to my Endurance issues via pre-purchase query.

I find this is typically the most receptive and transparent people are to questions of this nature lol.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Yep, saw that.

This was probably the decision that will make me subscribe oddly enough.

I'll probably contact them directly and see if I can get a response to my Endurance queries via pre-purchase query.

I find this is typically the most receptive and transparent people are to questions of this nature lol.
Yeah, I've seen responses on Twitter with people saying they weren't happy they had to spend $24, but now they're happy to let TP keep it, or people who weren't going to spend the money, but now they will. It's funny how profitable a little charity can go.

I hope they can get something sorted for you!

Yup, we got one but in my infinite wisdom I've still not posted it on Trading Paints.

I'll upload it this weekend.
Thank you very much Ken, deadline for paints is 15th I believe.Please tag me here when you do.I will check TP anyway every day

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I was thinking to do that myself but I must see how it will fit cuz I wanted name here if possible,like this. Does this looks stupid or it is ok,what do you think?
That placement will cover the Band of Others logo: https://bandofothersgaming.com/forum/threads/b2o-paint-schemes-for-iracing.1804/page-35#post-43391

Normally I just place the name over the Driver/Passenger Window following the roof line.

Maybe it's better I just give you the base scheme and you modify as you see fit.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics