B2O Forum Aesthetic Bug Tracker (XenForo)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
So beside some aesthetic issues and lack of functional site option choices in the top nav, are we getting close to a stable v1.0 release?

...or are there any big outstanding issues I need to address?

E

ElektroVodka

Yeah it seems so, i can't see any big issues that should keep you from calling it a V1.0
I'll do a run over the site when i had my dinner and finished cleaning the pond filter :)
Will let you know if i found something that might influence the usability.

The only thing i noticed was some black text on a black background somewhere but i can't find and remember what it was anymore. (Saw it earlier today will look more in depth)

E

ElektroVodka

It's safe to assume you can call this a V1, i've spent some time looking for the error i saw earlier but i can't find it anymore.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It's safe to assume you can call this a V1, i've spent some time looking for the error i saw earlier but i can't find it anymore.
Thanks Quick.

There's a few errors I noticed in Polls and User CP when mousing over the background is too light to read white text.

There are a few other minor issues to work out as well as start adding some functionality (testing) to the navbar.

Hopefully I'll have this done by this weekend.

E

ElektroVodka

The sidebar isn't supposed to show on the mobile theme.
That's why i force my mobile browser to go into desktop mode.

Also, mine doesn't cut off the page on the bottom when i do get the mobile version.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
We have a long weekend coming up in Canada this weekend and I've tacked a few days onto it to work on the site.

I plan on getting some low level navigation done to tackle add some of the most requested items such as "New Posts", "Mark Forums Read", etc.

Along with this I hope to add Category specific navigation as well to help make forum jumping a bit quicker while enhancing on page SEO.

If you have any major concerns with the current theme or any emergency changes/additions you think I need consider please post them here and I'll see if I can fit them in.

Once complete this theme will end it's development cycle and be given an alpha naming convention. All subsequent changes will use this as a base to squash the remaining bugs and complete the overall aesthetic on the road to v1 final.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Still a minor adjustment I mentioned... so a reminder.... the green button for login (when not logged in) at the right should say "Login / Sign up"

Daunt

MLG Pro
It seems if i'm not logged in, or for whatever reason I'm not really sure, text is showing up as black (which makes it near impossible to read)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It seems if i'm not logged in, or for whatever reason I'm not really sure, text is showing up as black (which makes it near impossible to read)
I'm not sure what the issue was there to be honest? I think different sources look for the font color in different areas which unfortunately tends to make things difficult.

I've made some changes but I'm sure the changes messed things up elsewhere to please keep your eyes open.

Thanks for the heads up.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Banner stacking has been enabled once more while I work out the usergroups. To date they've not been displaying properly as Xen is having issues removing users from previous usergroups during promotion (still no idea why?).

Once I work out all the banners and usergroups I'll disable stacking.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Can you all check and see if you're now able to edit signatures? I think those permissions have all been sorted out now but I'd like confirmation.

If there are any other permissions that don't seem right outside of permissions please let me know.

Shilka

Hardcore
Nope, when trying to edit my signature I get the message my signature is 9 characters too long, which is the total length of my signature.

Jes_971

Hardcore
I had this same problem but then it magically stopped and showed in white again when I'm not looged in.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics