B2O Paint Schemes for iRacing

Re: Fragtard iRacing Custom Paint Schemes

It is preferable to do full name in iRacing, then we can include your nick below that. You can add me on iRacing though - Kyle Breen-Bondie

I am not sure if you know our avatar thing. Everyone chooses a video game character that best represents who they are. If you want though I can throw that avatar on the car somewhere small elsewhere. Not sure if you've seen the B2O knock off of the cover art in our flavor... take a look here: http://www.twitch.tv/fragtardnet/profile For example this is mine:

raynor.png

I picked Jim Raynor because well... I'm a badass. JK. Mainly because he fights for what he believes in regardless of the consequences. And because he shoots aliens. Look out Noel.

Here's one take on an idea I really wanted to try out. Not even 25% done yet but you can get an idea of the scheme, colors, direction I'm going with it. Trying something different, a bit artsy but nothing near the Koons artsy.
I like the colours already :D

It is preferable to do full name in iRacing, then we can include your nick below that. You can add me on iRacing though - Kyle Breen-Bondie
Yeah, here's mine (Frank West from Dead Rising 2: Off the Record) :)

Frank_West_DR.jpg

I'm not very good at making it a transparent .png sorry :eek:

Ah! Ok! You are in the original line up that Duke made. I forgot. I'll post your scheme shortly.

Alright guys!! First batch of paints are up (check the OP). You will find the base GT3 paints (no personalizations) as well as customized paint schemes for everyone that gave the correct info.

As it says, do NOT customize or edit the base schemes! Post here with the required info (Full name, nickname, country, car, and avatar)

Feel free to leave any questions!

Re: B2O Paint Schemes

I hope you also don't mind, Duke, I took the liberty of renaming the thread from Fragtard iRacing Custom Paint Schemes.

The second I get home from work. So not for another 2 hours. :( If you stream though I'm all over it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

Wow that looks absolutely awesome Kyle, great work!

Just out of curiosity, what would it look like with the base color black?

Incidentally, could you please update the BMW Z4 with the iRacing decal layer because the car #s are still black with no iRacing decal overlay for some odd reason?

I can post some screens if you need to see it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin

Hey Kyle, can I get the Practice Pals and whatever other logos you have finalized in layered.psd's or something?

I'm also messing around a bit in Photoshop this week and need these images.

Thanks.

Wow that looks absolutely awesome Kyle, great work!

Just out of curiosity, what would it look like with the base color black?

Incidentally, could you please update the BMW Z4 with the iRacing decal layer because the car #s are still black with no iRacing decal overlay for some odd reason?

I can post some screens if you need to see it.
I forgot all about that stupid issue with the BMW. I'll update it, just a matter of turning on that layer. Colors are still tentative. Might flop them all around, try primarily an orange, leave the halftones blue and make the stripes black.

little P said:
That looks really nice! I actually prefer that to the red scheme, it definitely stands out more :)
Yeah I am loving the way it is turning out. Thing is, the V8SCs are absolutely awesome to paint. They have a TON of real estate. There's almost no air inlets that disrupt major space, no weird bubbles, its just awesome. Not like the Macca that has 3/4 of its side covered in strange air inlets and aero. So a paint like this wouldn't work the same at all for a lot of other cars. Maybe in the future I could apply the same type of scheme though with halftones and whatnot, we'll see.

I think having a central theme between cars is essential in brand recognition.

Someone suggested in another thread (can't remember where) that having a base theme with different secondary colours is a good way of identifying each of us but still keeping the main theme recognisable. I agree, the Pirtek Hondas in BTCC do this for example and it looks great :)

Top Bottom