Cyberpunk 2077 release date revealed by Keanu Reeves

Brainling

Hardcore
There aren't a lot of credible leaks about a new 2080 Ti, only the three cards down from it. The "Super" launch, as far as we know, will be a 2080, 2070 and 2060. That's what I was saying, that there are definitely some new cards coming, just not sure about the very high end.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
There aren't a lot of credible leaks about a new 2080 Ti, only the three cards down from it. The "Super" launch, as far as we know, will be a 2080, 2070 and 2060. That's what I was saying, that there are definitely some new cards coming, just not sure about the very high end.
The "Super" teaser makes my stomach queasy.

What is this thing gonna cost, $2000?

I've found some details on the next gen Ampere GPU which sounds interesting.

https://wccftech.com/nvidias-ampere-gpu-launching-in-2020-will-be-based-on-samsungs-7nm-euv-process/

Sounds like we may not see it until late 2020 or even sometime 2021.

Brainling

Hardcore
I assume they'll cost the same as what the current cards cost, and the current ones will go down in price. That's been the rumor mill for weeks. I don't expect these cards to be a huge performance bump. It's much more likely that Nvidia and their silicon partner (which I think is TMC?) found a way to up yields. If you look at these Super cards, it's not a new architecture, it's just more CUDA cores. Which is 100% a yield thing. It's also likely why the 2080 Ti is not getting a refresh as it already had all the CUDA cores on the TU-102 unlocked. To make it faster they'd need a new chip design, or need to stick two of the chips together on a monster card.

Jerad

TS3 SA
Looks like super cards are just the tier up where the chip failed validation. So a 2070 super is just the silicone from a 2080 that didn't meet quality control testing so they disable the bunk cluster and overclock the rest of them to compensate for performance. Meaning cards will be cheaper due to being able to sell more and having to throw less in the trash. Might be worth upgrading this fall.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
CDPR has stated weapon handling will improve as you use a weapon more.

Your cone of fire will start to diminish and reload times will also speed up.

C00li0 and the G4ng :)

Brainling

Hardcore
I was pretty much right about the Super cards. They are a yield play and allows Nvidia to put something out to shit on Navi. And it worked, because AMD already dropped the prices on the new Navi cards before they even released.

I'd be pissed if I bought a 2060 in January.

Jerad

TS3 SA
CDPR has stated weapon handling will improve as you use a weapon more.

Your cone of fire will start to diminish and reload times will also speed up.

C00li0 and the G4ng :)
As an avid fps player i find this a little annoying. When I click on heads i expect them to go pop.

But being an rpg i understand. Hopefully its just recoil affected and first shot accuracy is reasonable.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
As an avid fps player i find this a little annoying. When I click on heads i expect them to go pop.
Not all FPS' are created equal.

If you play Battlefield for example you've never gotten that. It was so bad in BF3 for a while that you couldn't hit the rear of a tank with an RPG on your first shot.

The only reason you ever get better in games like this is you learn to manage recoil, rate of fire, attachments, etc. Your weapon handling improves to a point and the rest is rng.

Personally I'd love to see games embrace this system because it's more realistic. The more you handle anything the better you become at using it in all respects.

If this is augmented with attachments then the system would be near perfect.

Jerad

TS3 SA
The only reason you ever get better in games like this is you learn to manage recoil, rate of fire, attachments, etc. Your weapon handling improves to a point and the rest is rng.

Personally I'd love to see games embrace this system because it's more realistic. The more you handle anything the better you become at using it in all respects.
Yea being an RPG first with shooter elements I guess it makes sense.

I will partially disagree with your point though. learning to manage recoil should be up to the player, having a skill that reduces that recoil and improves weapon handling makes it more difficult to learn the skill because it is constantly changing and you do not build the muscle memory to improve as a player. The variables are constantly changing so you're constantly having to guess. It would be like constantly changing the weight or size of a ball in a professional sport every game. A lot of the learned skills would be lost.

RNG really shouldn't have a place in any form of skill based mechanic, it lowers the skill ceiling and punishes skilled players while rewarding unskilled play. BFV is a good example where tap firing was super OP in the beta (maybe still is) because the recoil was terrible and so random with no real pattern. I think the best case scenario would be if a game adopted spray patterns similar to apex or csgo where they had a hard coded pattern and the skill brought the bullets more in line with that.

This is totally off the rails from cyberpunk really being that it is a single player shooter, as long as the mechanics are manageable it won't really matter. If the spray and pray is real I'll likely just favor whatever gun has max alpha damage. I'll probably be too distracted by the story and eye candy to care anyway.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics