DCS Helper Videos

Nejtun

Hi all,
I made a couple of new videos to help with DCS.
First up is a basic Huey start up video, if anybody would like any other help with anything DCS related then feel free to ask and hopefully someone amongst us will be able to assist :)

E

ElektroVodka

Hi all,
I made a couple of new videos to help with DCS.
First up is a basic Huey start up video, if anybody would like any other help with anything DCS related then feel free to ask and hopefully you bet someone amongst us @Nejtun will be able to assist :)
FTFY!^^

You and everyone around here knows that there's about 0.0 others that know as much of each module as you do.

Great work on the tutorial, it's got everything you could possibly need explained in under 5 minutes so even @little P and his attention span can make use of it.

Nejtun

Here is the next start up video, it is for the KA-50 Black Shark, Tagging anyone I know who owns this but everyone please feel free to watch and go buy the KA-50 as soon as it is on sale so that when the new version comes out you get the super discount! win win!
Enjoy!
@ElektroVodka
@Jeeve79
@Kenadian

Last edited:

Nejtun

Did a little picture in picture test earlier which I think adds a bit extra for the viewer, I can probably move the smaller screen to any location, feedback appreciated!

(Hey sometimes I need help with DCS too!)
Edit: forum wont let me insert a twitch clip link so here is it <sad face> Twitch Clip

@ElektroVodka I put the line above in manually as the "insert media" button gave me one of those OOPS errors. please fix it for me :D as I am clearly not smart enough in the ways of the interwebs!

Last edited:
E

ElektroVodka

You're a mod, you should have the permissions to get this done. Also, it looks embedded to me. Sorry just woke up and didn't finish my coffee yet. Broken indeed, clips can only be embedded using an iFrame, and i think @Kenadian doesn't like that.
1598680255240.png

Jeeve79

Casual
I love that picture in picture stuff. To answer your question now then, i did not see any tracers coming past. I saw them going into your helicopter however. :) But i think you must have noticed that yourself. hehe
So from now on, whenever we fly Georgia, i expect to see this picture in picture on your stream ok.

Nejtun

For anyone who does not have room for two installations of DCS (both beta and stable release) you can use this nifty tool to switch between the two as well as perform a host of other function like mod and skin management.

Before you change your installed version copy your entire keys config file as shown from the location in the picture below and put them somewhere safe, I would guess the tool copies all your keys and shit but just in case it does not then you are covered!
Key layout location.png

it is called Skatezilla which you can get here and has very comprehensive instructions within the first post. Just be sure to highlight your installation of DCS on the left hand column so the title has the blue bars side by side!
Skatezilla.png

the only thing you might need to change are special settings like cockpits and ffb type, best to check!

This week I would like to use the Syria Map, which requires the Beta client to run. If anyone is planning on flying on Saturday and DOES NOT own Sryia (why not?) then please let me know before hand (not Saturday afternoon) as we can do Normandy instead no problem.

Nejtun

I found a nice QOL mod for the KA-50 today, it makes the target screen go from black and white to colour. although this isn't terribly realistic this mod makes finding the targets much less of a chore and less of a pain as you do not have to adjust the brightness and contrast on the black and white screen every time the sun moves!
not sure if this one passes the integrity check or not but as I do not play on other servers this is a non issue. All the same, back up your original file first so you can replace it if you should come across an IC error on another server.

This file goes in "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\MaterialFactory" BACK-UP THE ORIGINAL FIRST!!!!
you may also need to replace this file if there is an update. so keep the zip file safe!

EDIT: I checked on a multiplayer server with pure clients switched on and the new colour screens seem to pass the integrity check, so it is up to your to decide how authentic you want the screen to look vs having the ease of use of having the screen in colour.

Please note that any aircraft with a TV screen/Targeting pod becomes colour with this mod.
Any screen that has infra red or night vision modes retain these modes in black and white. only the optical display is changed.

TV Screen vehicles include:
KA-50 Black Shark
Gazelle
SU-25T

TPOD Planes:
A10-C
F-16
F/A-18
AV8B-NA

The Viggen's Maverick targeting reticule is not affected.

EDIT: this also changes the aircraft that has a weapon cam to colour! makes a once almost useless tool much more informative!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
This week I would like to use the Syria Map, which requires the Beta client to run. If anyone is planning on flying on Saturday and DOES NOT own Sryia (why not?) then please let me know before hand (not Saturday afternoon) as we can do Normandy instead no problem.
Wow, subtle.

I have Syria, some euro-pee-on brow beat me into purchasing it.

Actually I think I got it because it was cheaper as early access, can't remember, maybe a bit of both?

Nejtun

Here is the first of 4 KA-50 Quick Weapon Tutorials, this first video focus's on the Laser/Beam riding missiles, the 'Vikhr'
Hope this helps anyone who needs to get the weapons on target.
Please let me know if I have missed anything.
In the description is a link to the mission I have used for all of the different weapons so please feel free to download it and try for yourselves.
@Kenadian let me know if this tutorial makes sense to you as it is a long time since I have had to talk myself through firing these :D

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads