From the land of the Autobahn, I introduce myself

Coro_yy

Casual
So, as it turns out, my parents decided to have sex back in the 80's (ew, I know, right?) and now the outcome of that terrible decision turned 30 this year. There's a chance that I also reach the age of 31 by the 1st of Feburary.
As the title hints, I'm from ze vast lands of ze Germans where I drink beer and eat Sausage all day, everyday.

In terms of videogames, I started pretty early and had my first used computer by the age of 6. Back then, no one knew that Leisure Suit Larry 1 (or maybe 2) was installed on it. But I was too stupid to even finish the first screen, so not titties for little Florian.
By the age of 13 I decided to pick up Counter-Strike and became a pretty decent player. Later on, I was part of the management of a professional German eSport organisation that was focused on such game and played in the German EPS (ESL Pro Series - if anyone remembers that).
I'd also consider myself a hardcore Battlefield Tank nerd who, back then, knew the answers to all the questions and all the numbers. That's why I started a Youtube Channel called TwoBrokeNerds with a friend, but that one is mostly dead and gets a video maybe once half a year and it's also in German, so most of you wont understand anything anyway. Well, that passion died with BF1 I'd say. Just a bad game.. phew.. I could write a novel about how bad I think it is.

Anyway! At some point in my life I had this weird click-sound in my head and I was like "Duuuuude. From now on, I'm sooo into Simulator games. Hell yeah!" And by that I don't mean like only hardcore Racing Sims or something, but all the Sims! Farming Simulator is a big passion of mine and the main reason why I joined here. Entertaining crap games like Viscera Cleanup Detail or muddy Mudrunner. I also play (boohoo) iRacing, but totally suck balls at it. It has "Simulator" in its name? I'll play it!

And I sometimes stream this mess on Twitch. Not very regular but every now and then and also in English. So hit me up when you're bored enough or don't care about the fact, that I'm 3secs off pace. That's also the place where I found you guys, because there was this Bob Ross imitator who made liveries for iRacing and since I did tons of liveries in the past already, I had to watch him. I think his name was Keen? Kuhn? Kaaaaaaaahn? Kennn? Something along the lines. Cool dude.

So now I'm here and ready to plow some ground with you guys when the farm comes back to life in November!

E

ElektroVodka

Welcome @Coro_yy
I'm pretty sure you'll fit right in with these bunch of... whatever we are lol.

There's so much different games being played by most of us that there's always someone to connect to and get you sorted.

One thing you should keep in mind is to not bend near "Kuuuhn" he's the dude running around without pants...

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Welcome Coro! I shot you a follow on Twitch! Always looking for new streams to hit up! Skippies are a great car, but the community around them has soured as more and more noobs come in, and also as I've not been as dedicated to it this past year. Not really sure which one came first, so they're probably both equally part of sucking the fun out of those races.

Soooo, I take it you're a no-go when BFV drops, than?

Coro_yy

Casual
Welcome Coro! I shot you a follow on Twitch! Always looking for new streams to hit up! Skippies are a great car, but the community around them has soured as more and more noobs come in, and also as I've not been as dedicated to it this past year. Not really sure which one came first, so they're probably both equally part of sucking the fun out of those races.

Soooo, I take it you're a no-go when BFV drops, than?
Thanks!
Ah well, you can put me in one category with all those Skippy trash drivers :D I'm not even sure if I want to stick with iRacing. I feel like it's not really my world. If it wouldn't have monthly costs, I wouldn't care, but this way? Meh.

BFV is a 50/50 right now. There are so many games coming out and it's more a money question. If I have to chose between BFV and something else, I wont pick BFV.

Nejtun

Welcome Coro :) hope you have fun around here! Keep an eye out for our endurance races in iRacing if you are still on the fence if this sim is for you as we usually have a lot more fun than you can have in just solo public racing :)

Jes_971

Hardcore
Welcome to the dungeon of all things, Coro!!! We're all in this together, I'll hold your hand, no homo.

Coro_yy

Casual
Welcome to the dungeon of all things, Coro!!! We're all in this together, I'll hold your hand, no homo.
Oh boy. No I feel like I landed somewhere, where brojobs are an okay thing on birthdays.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Sorry I'm late to the party here @Coro_yy but that is one hell of a terrific introduction.

What's funny is I've run a quite similar path to you in regards to gaming history.

I too have an affinity for tanks and have been pretty effective in them since the days of Battlefield 1942. I was actually a good enough tanker to take on that role with a few e-Sports Teams such as Team Reddit and ShotDocs. However those were the end days of BF3 so I spent no real time in any big Events, mostly scrims with other Squads.

In fact the collapse of E-Sports with the Battlefield Series is what led me to iRacing.

After Battlefield 3 the series took a massive dump for me. BF4 was a buggy mess with some of the worst netcode I'd ever experienced in an online shooter. I also had sound issues where maps like Lancang Dam would just cutout for large swaths of time and then pop back in now and then.

...this lasted over a year.

I think I only managed a few hundred hours in BF4 which was solid once fixed but took way too long to fix. By comparison I had over 1000 hours in BF3 and that's not including scrim hours because that time isn't logged.

I also Sim and intend to get in Farming Sim 2019 with you all once released.

BTW, you've been very helpful with insight when I paint so one day you should stream one of your painting sessions. You're paints are far better than mine so maybe I can pick up a few pointers.

Anyway welcome my friend, great to have you with us!

Coro_yy

Casual
Ha, the world is so small. I too played BF3 semi-professional in a league and was a backup tanker and inf. Won a few cups, played against the most known EU teams. I even destroyed the shit out of the #1 tanker in the world by that time, when I finally had the chance to take over our tank for a match.. on the best map since BF3 - Seine Crossing. That was one hell of a time. I had quite a few calibers of world wide top10 players under my hands (I also managed the team). Too bad it ended relatively quick.

That livery thing could become a bit difficult. I didn't renew my subscription and don't plan to do it for now. iRacing is just not my thing. Took me 5 months and 200€ of content to realize it. Welp... but I'll always be there to tell you how unneccessary difficult you attempt your projects live on stream! <3
Edit: Nvm, I'm an idiot. My subscription ends on the 29th of October.

Last edited:

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17