GRAsim V8 Supercar League - Season 3 2015

Daunt

MLG Pro
I actually received a PM from Kloosterman this morning about the lap 1 incident between Tony J and myself in the final turn leading onto the Pit straight.

I'm guessing he's just being pro-active because of my comment in racing chat but can't be sure. I do know he also contacted Tony J about it but basically it was a racing incident that could have been avoided but on a track where passing opportunities are limited, maybe not?

I didn't get too wound up by it and was more shocked than anything but hats off to Kloosterman for jumping in and trying to keep the peace.
Great stuff. Take note! I did rewatch it, even though you went in slow he jumped in to the corner needlessly and then didn't make it easy on you. Maybe some netcode involved as well, but overall wasn't terrible malicious, even though, being behind you and seeing it perfectly, it looked in the moment like it was.

Slider

Hardcore
As much as I suck, I try to race clean, which can't really be said about couple of individuals in the league. Is there a complaint/protest process or it's up to us to sort it out?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I felt the exact same way Kyle. I really had little choice on corner speed there because it was either take it wide if he dives in or block him and risk a punt.

...both options sucked.

The only reason I didn't apex is because I was watching him in the mirror. I left him a cars width (barely) but wasn't going to yield him a run onto the straight.

I would have driven off or got freight trained giving him that corner.

In the replay I could see him clearly go in, slow and then goose it when he saw me leaving an opening. He went through the corner clean but came off the side where I went through clean and remained at a cars width opening.

That's why we got together but he clearly got the worst of it on the straight lol.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
As much as I suck, I try to race clean, which can't really be said about couple of individuals in the league. Is there a complaint/protest process or it's up to us to sort it out?
There is but it's always better to sort it out via PM with the driver in question. If that doesn't work then you can always PM Kloosterman.

I know they hate seeing disputes in open forums.

Slider

Hardcore
Of course. Thank you.

OP has been updated and I will update it further as I'll run next race too.

Daunt

MLG Pro
OP updated with fuel estimates / pit strategy.

Using my set from last week (so probably off by quite a bit) I got my lap times to about mid 2:27s (default test weather, which was slow). It is a helluva lotta fun turning laps at Spa as always, but shit, it was so easy getting that 1x when you slide off just a bit. Took me, during a 10 lap run, at least 5 laps to get a clean lap.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Apparently all series are back to fixed due to bugs in dynamic weather? I wonder if this could've affected any of us through these first two races. What a shame.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Via iRacings release notes (June 25)
- If a series is using Realistic weather, Time Trial sessions in that series will instead use the iRacing default weather. All other session types in the series will use Realistic weather.

- Realistic weather now produces much more reasonable wind gusts and overall wind direction changes.

Slider

Hardcore
Noel is mentioning a bug and if you look at weather for series with Dynamic weather, you'll see they all went fixed.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Maybe I misunderstood, but someone (Zac?) was mentioning that they completely disabled dynamic weather and reverted everything to fixed weather.

Slider

Hardcore
We will be rolling out a service wide update between 20 and 0 GMT this evening. Sessions will terminate abruptly.
From now on, unless it affects the V8 league, please do not use this thread for bug/update/general discussion. That is how last one got severely derailed.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
All of these conversations are relevant to S3 2015 V8's.

We're not going to be able to have one 00ber topic for each season, we'll likely need to create a new thread every time.

Daunt

MLG Pro
I got some practice in by myself (not sure if anyone ran GRAsim earlier) but with my weather and setup (minor changes from last week's... tried out a 3.50 gear ratio) and got my time down to mid 1:27s. I feel pretty comfortable but I'm not sure I'll be able to swing 3.50... it almost redlines down the straight after Eu Rouge and probably will in the draft.

I am loving the combo.... GREAT FLOW! :icon_wink:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I turned some laps in Kloostermans Hosted Session and got down to high 25's but that is as fast as I'll be able to get this week.

I'm using a slightly modified version of my Phillip Island setup.

Noodleguitar

I've done some laps in that session too, the car felt much more stable than I imagined at Spa. It seems to be all about late braking and making you sure you don't miss any apex. Oh, and use all curbs/rumble strips you can find except in T8 (caroussel) on the inside.

Going through Eau Rouge is a bit different than GT cars; it requires more finesse. I think they did something with the off-track on the left in the entry to Eau Rouge. You can cut it quite a bit now before getting an off-track.

Blanchimont is a special one too, the understeer there is massive. I turn in really early with some trail braking and go on the power at the apex again.

With some pushing I managed a 2:22.6 with a modified Oulton set. I stiffened the rear springs 1 click, set the gear ratio to 3.25 for the straights and filled the fuel up to 80.6 L. Tire pressures at 138 kPa.

I might post a hot lap tonight if I can get a good lap in.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads