Nurburgring Watchlist

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I've started an iRacing Nurburgring Watchlist to see which iRacing series are going to the 'ring, which week, and which layout. Not a lot of variation in 2022 Season 1. Ten series will be heading to the Green Hell. Eight of those are running just the Industriefahrten layout, while two series will branch out onto the GP circuit; Week 3 Porsche Cup will run the VLN combined circuit, and Week 4 Kamel GT will run the 24h combined layout (no Arena).

This week, we're starting 2022 Season 1 with the Advanced Mazda Cup and GT Huesinkveld Challenge (Multiclass: GT1/GT2)! Both series include free cars (**I believe?); the Mazda, obviously, and the Ford GT GT2** in the GTHC. The Aston and Corvette GT1 cars are pretty good, though, and I know a lot of people own those cars, but haven't taken them for a spin in years! Might be a good time to knock the dust off?

If anyone is interested, I'm down for Wednesday/Friday nights again to get some driving in, if anyone would like to join!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I've uploaded a Ford GT GT2 paint to Trading Paints, and here is the latest setup I have. It's just a modified "medium downforce" setup, with a little less rake and wing. Maybe put wing back into it if you're struggling? Brakes are.. not great... just fyi! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I don't have a paint for the Corvette because the 'vette is a trash car to paint, but here is the setup I ran in-race today. Seemed good enough for 2nd, and I almost held onto the leader. This car is a monster. The Aston on the iRacing "Medium Downforce" is so much easier to drive, it's better through the corners, and it's no longer at a speed disadvantage to the C6.R, so it's pretty tough to beat..

Attachments

I don't have a paint for the Corvette because the 'vette is a trash car to paint, but here is the setup I ran in-race today. Seemed good enough for 2nd, and I almost held onto the leader. This car is a monster. The Aston on the iRacing "Medium Downforce" is so much easier to drive, it's better through the corners, and it's no longer at a speed disadvantage to the C6.R, so it's pretty tough to beat..
Sorry I've only seen this today Marc. I have the Aston and wont mind racing it at all. I prob only raced it once or twice ever:cool:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Sorry I've only seen this today Marc. I have the Aston and wont mind racing it at all. I prob only raced it once or twice ever:cool:
I've got work the rest of the weekend, but if you have time, I'd recommend you take advantage of it! The GT1 cars are an absolute blast around there!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Getting off work early tomorrow, so I'm probably going to get on and do some more Corvette at Nurburgring if anyone is interested in joining. Maybe a couple more qualifying attempts and a race or two, depending how they fall.

I'll be in Discord around 19:30 EST (00:30 GMT).

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
It's PCup's turn taking on the Nürburgring, in Week 3! This time utilizing the "Combined - Gesamtstrecke VLN" layout, races take place every hour, xx:45, alternating between the Fixed and Open series and are 3 laps!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I just got called in to work tomorrow and Thursday. Drpebding on how I feel, I might race tomorrow after work, but I will definitely race Thursday/Friday!

Don't forget to qualify!

Reactions: Deb

Deb

Sorry I missed this. I was at my lakehouse and I am having some remodeling done so I had to put some of my driving equipment into a storage area away from where they will be working. Although the computer didn't get put up until this morning before I left. Can live without that :D

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Just popped into Em's stream, and this is the first thing I hear...

Who's up for Caddy's this week (or Kia!! LUL)? I'm around Wed/Thurs nights, or anytime Friday before Kamel GT 21:00GMT (4-5PM EST), and maybe an hour or two after?

Last edited:

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17