[PracticePals] 2019 Season 4

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Welcome to 2019 Season 4!!

What is Practice Pals?

Practice Pals is a pack racing Open Practice Program aimed at helping all Drivers be the best they can be.

Why Practice Pals?

Regardless of skill, everyone can benefit from Practice Pals. It doesn't matter if you're slow, average, fast, pseudo-alien or alien, you can always improve.

The slower among us find pace, learn setups and improve race craft while the faster learn how to safely navigate traffic better.

...all in a fun and uniquely entertaining environment without sacrifice of your or other Drivers iRating and/or Safety Rating.

How to Practice Pals:

Get on Teamspeak

If you're pace is slower:
  • Safely Pit Out in front of the main pack allowing a lap or two buffer before the pack catches up.
    • as an example, if you're 3 seconds/lap off pace then Pit Out 3 - 6 seconds in front of the main pack.
  • Drive your line and don't worry about the cars behind you. Remember, it is always up to the chasing Driver to pass safely.

If you're pace is quicker:
  • Safely Pit Out behind the main pack, interval is at your discretion.
  • If you are trying to pass, it is your responsibility to do so safely. Exercise patience and common sense.
Rules:
  1. HAVE FUN!
  2. Respect other Drivers.
  3. If you screw someone over at least apologize. It's the right thing to do!
Why Practice Pals works is you are literally surrounded by peers who can help you in real time. Communication is key to the success of this program so if you need anything, just ask.

Need help with setups - ask.
Need to try a different setup - ask
Want me to Livestream with a Webcam - don't ask :)

The rest you'll learn as you run.

This is a time tested and proven program to help Drivers of all skill levels. Always remember to have fun and never be afraid to speak up in Teasmpeak if you require assistance.
Highlights this week include;

New Car/Free Track - iRacing introduced the "IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge" featuring the FWD "Audi RS 3 LMS" touring car. That is opening up season four at the "Weather Tech Raceway at Laguna Seca".

Good ol' Faithful: The iLMS series is starting the season off strong at Road America! /enufsaid

New Track: "Circuit de Bacelona Catalunya" is making it's official iRacing debut featuring the ever-popular GT3 VRS Sprint Series and the "Grand Prix" layout.

Vote for your favorite! Everyone is welcome! Join us in the "iRacing" channel on Teamspeak!

Practice Pals starts at 1am GMT / 12am BST / 8pm EDT / 5pm PDT, Monday/Wednesday/Friday!

Nejtun

My choice would be Road America and Second the new Audi, I don't have Barcelona. If everyone fancies Barcelona though, please feel free I have done plenty today already but I will be in TS anyways :D

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
GT1's are on Bathurst tonight if anyone is interested in turning some laps! Enjoying NTMv7 for the most part. I know it's a massive challenge to get used to, but I feel like it's even harder going back and forth between the dead feeling of the v6 tyres...

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'll have to turn a lot more laps on NTMv7, maybe should turn some in the Skippy for comparison?

Nejtun

If you want to have a good comparison for the two different tyres on similar cars then the F3 and the Renault 2.0 are probably the closest cars performance wise. There is nothing really to compare the Skippy to.

For tin-tops then the Kia and the Audi TCR are again pretty close in performance but on these two you can really feel the Tyre difference, although front wheel drive might be a bit of information overload if you are used to driving rear wheel drive in the first place.

Deb

@Kenadian, did you find a new setup you wanted to try for VLN this weekend? I have been practicing with the same one, but the practice sessions have been a lot cooler and so much more fun to drive :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Kenadian, did you find a new setup you wanted to try for VLN this weekend? I have been practicing with the same one, but the practice sessions have been a lot cooler and so much more fun to drive :)
Nah I didn't really look if I'm to be honest.

I think our setup is good, I was just curious if there was something out there that may tame the snap oversteer I get in a few specific situations.

I think I just need to be a bit more careful this time around and not race for the win from Lap 0.

I'll be on tonight to turn some laps with you @Deb.

I finally finished my Mercedes scene (I think) and have moving sky viewable through the rear window.

Deb

Oh, that
Nah I didn't really look if I'm to be honest.

I think our setup is good, I was just curious if there was something out there that may tame the snap oversteer I get in a few specific situations.

I think I just need to be a bit more careful this time around and not race for the win from Lap 0.

I'll be on tonight to turn some laps with you @Deb.

I finally finished my Mercedes scene (I think) and have moving sky viewable through the rear window.
Oh that's awesome, can't wait to see it :)

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads