[Special Event] 2021 iRacing Nürburgring 24 Hour

I agree that it's probably too late to switch cars at this point. If there is any top speed loss due to damage then it has been almost negligible for me. Maybe iRacing will hotfix it before the race, but they probably can't do that without changing the handling of the car.

Deb

I got home this afternoon and updated iRacing and made the change they suggested and was able to drive in a test session without freezing, so fingers crossed, perhaps the issue is finally fixed. I'll be on for practice tonight and see what my pace is and make a call on racing or not.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I took the setup and upped the front springs from 210N/mm at the front to 250N/mm, and now it's able to complete laps around the track, and slam just about any curb I'd want to hit, without taking any front-end damage. This raised the ride-height 4mm in the front. I upped the rear springs from 130N/mm to 140N/mm and then boosted up the rear ride-height +4.5mm (total, over the previous setup) to try to compensate for a little bit of the understeer. I liked 150N/mm a bit more at the back, so if understeer is a noticeable issue for you, then I'd make that change...

Attachments

Did an FFS on the 150 N/mm one, it felt fine the whole stint. Got in the 8:21's, and I'm sure I can do a sub-20. I'm just pushing for safety and consistency at this point not really for lap time.

I did damage myself the lap before I reset for my FFS, going over pflantzgarten. It was a serious slam though and not how anyone should be taking it. With normal driving I had no damage on the car at the end of my FFS.

I'm not going to be able to join y'all for the race this weekend. I thought I would be able to get more practice in than I have but it just didn't happen. Sorry for the late announcement. Good luck all!

Last edited:
Jes, whether you're driving or not, you still owe us a midnight endurance song.

Have you guys talked about teams? Without Jes and Nejtun we have 6 drivers. I would prefer 3 + 3, but I know not everyone likes to drive a lot.

(...) Have you guys talked about teams? Without Jes and Nejtun we have 6 drivers. I would prefer 3 + 3, but I know not everyone likes to drive a lot.
I asked the same question last night, and Marc was very adamant in telling me that it will only be "ONE team" with not enough drivers wanting to drive enough during the endurance event to fill two teams. According to Marc, that also includes the case that Ogami wants to drive a stint as well and we would end up with seven drivers.

Personally, I don't mind more or less drive time, so I'll live with whatever others want to do.

Edit:
@Ogami Itto: Have you decided yet if you want to take part?

@Noodleguitar: Oh, and by the way: You are starting the race. :)

Racing as one team makes sense, and is fine by me. (We are driving the BMW, right? :p )

Which iRacing team should we be on? We have to sort out the roster and possibly a paint if we have one? Lipstick wheel colors too of course.

In the last stint I ran I did get some crumples on the hood. But since the way I entered the Karussell could be best described as "diving head-first from a cliff", it doesn't surprise me too much.

Deb

I asked the same question last night, and Marc was very adamant in telling me that it will only be "ONE team" with not enough drivers wanting to drive enough during the endurance event to fill two teams. According to Marc, that also includes the case that Ogami wants to drive a stint as well and we would end up with seven drivers.

Personally, I don't mind more or less drive time, so I'll live with whatever others want to do.

Edit:
@Ogami Itto: Have you decided yet if you want to take part?

@Noodleguitar: Oh, and by the way: You are starting the race. :)
I think @Ogami Itto said he did want to drive.

My guess is we'll use #95, since that's the one everyone should be on already. We can poke Ken today about the paint.

e: We also need to figure out a) what the starting times are, because it's not posted to the special events page, and b) which starting time we're driving.

(...) e: We also need to figure out a) what the starting times are, because it's not posted to the special events page, and b) which starting time we're driving.
1619197656285.png

Copied over from: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3799308.page

Should translate to (someone please correct these times if they are wrong):
  • #2: 07:00 GMT - 03:00 EST - 00:00 PST
  • #3: 12:00 GMT - 08:00 EST - 05:00 PST
  • #4: 16:00 GMT - 12:00 EST - 09:00 PST
Start times are also marked in the availability tab in the schedule (link on first page). Please enter your availability. I can make a first draft for a schedule after that - or if anyone else wants to start a first draft: please, go ahead.
A stint with full fuel and tyre change should be very close to an hour, so that should make things easy.

I'd currently target timeslot #3.

Last edited:
I added my availability. Set it to all green, but if whoever does the schedule could try and get me a 6'ish hour period in there where I have no stints, for sleep purposes, that would be nice.

I've thrown together a first draft, assuming seven laps per stint with roughly an hour stint time (which matches Noels fuel chart). Please see the tab "2021 Schedule - BMW GT3" in the Google spreadsheet linked in the first post.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Racing as one team makes sense, and is fine by me. (We are driving the BMW, right? :p )

Which iRacing team should we be on? We have to sort out the roster and possibly a paint if we have one? Lipstick wheel colors too of course.

In the last stint I ran I did get some crumples on the hood. But since the way I entered the Karussell could be best described as "diving head-first from a cliff", it doesn't surprise me too much.
Band of Others Endurance Team 95.

I think everyone is on it and I'm just buttoning up the Driver names now.

@ShadniX Any chance my first double could get moved in front of people's second pass through the list? Having to wait 10 hours to do any driving feels bad.

e: Marc's in the same boat, only at 12 hours. I'm not sure what his availability is like though.

@ShadniX Any chance my first double could get moved in front of people's second pass through the list? Having to wait 10 hours to do any driving feels bad.

e: Marc's in the same boat, only at 12 hours. I'm not sure what his availability is like though.
There is not too much we can do, given the amount of drivers and the availability. The stints for Deb and Scott have to be where they are now, given their availability and their preference of single stints (last part is afaik). That kinda leaves singles stints in that timeframe. I put Noel and me first, thinking it might a bit early for you lot on the other side of the ocean.

Given that you want to do double stints if possible, we can change my first double stint with your first double stint, if you want. I don't mind waiting. But in the end, there aren't that many options to shuffle seven drivers around while keeping some double stints, I think.

If you absolutely don't mind, I would like to drive earlier...but if you do, and that's all we can do, I'm fine with it. It just helps my anxiety to get in and get some my driving done early, but it's not a requirement and I don't want it to be too much of a bother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fly
Top Bottom