Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
This is it, the final team endurance race of the iRacing Special Events calendar is nearly upon us! iRacing will be simulating the oldest race in Japan's history for the first time. This event started as a 1000km race, but was extended to a 10-hour race in 2018. It will be an ALL GT3 race, featuring all of iRacing's current GT3/GTD cars (I would have said modern, but they still include the Ford GT GT3! <3 :D ). Note that iRacing has taken 10 allowed-incidents away for this event (40 compared to the 50 we got at Petit Le Mans). The race will start around 10am iRST and run until roughly 8pm iRST.

Date: November 5-7
Timeslot #1 - Friday 22:00 GMT
Timeslot #2 - Saturday 07:00 GMT
Timeslot #3 - Saturday 12:00 GMT
Timeslot #4 - Saturday 16:00 GMT

Track: Suzuka International Racing Course
License – D 4.0 Road
Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): August 22nd, 2021
Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 9:20 AM

Session
Warmup: 30 Minutes
Qualifying: 8 min/ 2 laps
Race: 10 Hours
Weather: Dynamic
Sky: Dynamic
Qualifying: Attached
Splits By: iRating

Team Event: Yes (minimum 2 drivers and maximum 16)
Drive Through Limit: 40 incs and every 20 after
DQ Limit: None
Field Size : 45

Cars
Audi R8 LMS
BMW M4 GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
Ford GT GT3
Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R

Jes_971

Hardcore
I'll be doing this event but not sure which car. I don't have the M4 but I'm not against buying it. I'll pretty much drive any car except for the Ford.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I won't be taking any time off for this event, but if people are turning laps, I'm willing to help out with setup input or fuel numbers, etc...

Last edited:

Daunt

MLG Pro
I'm game to race it if I can get a later evening stint. Would prefer Porsche or Audi. You guys are probably joking but I wouldn't be upset about a Friday night race :p

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
You'll need to be more specific than "later evening". That slot is 6pm EDT - 4am EDT... are you talking ~8-10, or even midnight, because that is still only the first half of the race!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I'm not all out on the thought, but I'm not all-in on it, either, since the race will end around 2am PDT. This means I'd have to leave as soon as the race* is over AND go to work with no sleep. A race like Bathurst would have been fine. In hindsight, I could have traded that Saturday for this one, but I didn't know we weren't going to race on Saturday until no one showed up on Saturday... soo...:p

Last edited:

Daunt

MLG Pro
Your info conflicts, you said end 4am PDT and 4am EDT.

A race that goes from 6pm - 4am EDT (which I think is what you meant) sounds real good to me actually. 4am EDT would be 1am for the pacific-ers which I think is best for those to take over the final couple stints if needed. But I'd for sure be game for that.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Yep, you're right, I got confused with the time-zones. It doesn't change the problem, though. The race won't end until closer to 2am PDT, due to practice and qualifying, and while I can be there, that still puts me rushing out the door for a 12-hour shift AFTER a 10-hour endurance race.

Daunt

MLG Pro
For the record though i'm cool with whatever date/time, just personally my participation during afternoon (EDT) hours is difficult- so I'd probably only pop in / do stints in the later hours if we did the "main" split on Saturday.

Daunt

MLG Pro
How many drivers per team do we want to run?

Either we have a third, or I stay up until 4am. I'm not opposed to staying up to run the last 1-2 stints. Just throwing all that out there.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'm not all out on the thought, but I'm not all-in on it, either, since the race will end around 2am PDT. This means I'd have to leave as soon as the race* is over AND go to work with no sleep. A race like Bathurst would have been fine. In hindsight, I could have traded that Saturday for this one, but I didn't know we weren't going to race on Saturday until no one showed up on Saturday... soo...:p
I was thinking more along the lines of you drive the early beginning stints and I do the later so you can get some sleep for work Saturday.

Nejtun

I am going to get in on the practice for this one, as always though I cannot be sure if I will be fit for the event but I will try my best, looking good at the moment though

Daunt

MLG Pro
So do we want to try and run Friday evening and maybe get a team together for the normal saturday race as well?

Friday - Ken / Kyle / Marc
Sat - Nejtun? / Jes? / Kyle / Marc? / Ken?

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics