Conan Exiles B2O server discussion thread

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Okay, I downloaded it, so if anyone wants to show me how sometime, let me know. Oh, do I need a controller or is it easy enough with the mouse and keyboard?
Mouse and keyboard is just fine.

If you want I can get you ingame this week given it's Week 13 in iRacing and I avoid it like the plague.

Deb

Okay, I started messing around with it, but seems my [E] for interact doesn't work or wasn't at a place that I could. Tried to take on a turtle dinosaur thing, but it killed me :( Didn't have any weapons and just punching it didn't seem to work out very well :rolleyes:

@Duke, @Dave301, I'll jump on TS tonight at usual PP time and see if you guys are there.

little P

Super Mod
You need someone on with you Deb otherwise it can seem too much. It really isn't as hard as it first seems so as soon as you are on with someone else or a group you will pick it up in no time.

Also, forgive me for lol'ing at the "punching a turtle dinosaur thing didn't work out very well"

It took me right back to when I first started playing this game, we've all been there lol

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Okay, I started messing around with it, but seems my [E] for interact doesn't work or wasn't at a place that I could. Tried to take on a turtle dinosaur thing, but it killed me :( Didn't have any weapons and just punching it didn't seem to work out very well :rolleyes:

@Duke, @Dave301, I'll jump on TS tonight at usual PP time and see if you guys are there.
I'll play with you tonight @Deb.

After than we can try a little Conan :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Sorry it's taken so long to update this thread with my plans but I needed some time to organize my thoughts and decide on a plan of attack.

This time around I'm playing the game much differently than before. Previously the game had little in the way of content as it was early in release. Something would come out, we'd level and explore quickly which was amazing fun but I tired of the game too quickly. I also missed out on a lot of things such as crafting and deep exploration which I want to make up for this time around.

This is the main reason I've put so much time into the Community Base at Stick Shangri-La as it's good jump point should we bring new people into the game. It's a safe enough area for newbies to get into the game and a good place for them to figure out how they wish to experience Conan Exiles.

My shift has changed drastically in the sense I won't be heading direct North at all. Instead I intend on tackling the map in slices zigzagging my way across the land making my way Northward.

I intend to explore the map in it's entirety Eastward which I expect will take me some time if last night is any indication. I got pwned by a SandCat or something and need to craft iron armor, weapons and tools before I head back.

I know a lot of you have the ability to craft and supply me with this stuff and as much as I appreciate that I feel this time around I need to at least make some of this stuff for myself. That's why last night I added the Armory (I think it is) so now I can make these items for myself.

After that it's directly East for me where I intend to forage and level up to Wood Structures so I can have a little cabin somewhere in the thick of things.

Deb

I had a lot of fun playing, I like that game and it doesn't make me dizzy. But have so much to learn. I was thinking heading East would be fun to explore. I wonder if we can build a canoe to head east and then we could put supplies in it to build your lake house, well, river house, but whatever. Does it allow you to build a canoe?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I had a lot of fun playing, I like that game and it doesn't make me dizzy. But have so much to learn. I was thinking heading East would be fun to explore. I wonder if we can build a canoe to head east and then we could put supplies in it to build your lake house, well, river house, but whatever. Does it allow you to build a canoe?
Unfortunately it doesn't allow for a canoe to be built or raft of any kind but what a cool suggestion.

Fortunately though we can scavenge what we need @Deb so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Do you see yourself playing this Wednesday as well?

Deb

I can probably play tomorrow night some. Want to try the stuff in the new iRacing release but will do that tonight.

little P

Super Mod
Glad you enjoyed it Deb, yeah there is a lot to learn but that in itself is what I love about the game. I try not to google things, I either ask whoever is in the server if I can't figure it out myself or just wait. I'm kind of roleplaying it as if it would be in real life, and I agree with you Duke it's great to go slow and make things for ourselves, with the odd little helping hand along the way (Thanks Noodle for the backpack!).

I don't see any harm whatsoever in letting the people who have a lot of hours in the server charge ahead while others take it slower.

We will always have things to meet up and do together like run away from giant spiders and put four stone into a crafting table etc.

Deb

Ken, I spent a fair amount of time in the RSR last night, so if you want to play Conan again tonight during PP time, I should be around.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Ken, I spent a fair amount of time in the RSR last night, so if you want to play Conan again tonight during PP time, I should be around.
Terrific!

If you're up to it we can do an Iron Ore run and make you some weapons and armor for the journey. This one trip and the chores we need to do to get you geared up should go a long way toward familiarizing you with the game mechanics.

Deb

What!!!!!!!!! I don't want to work. . . that is too much like real life :( I think I should go hunting for a hunky warrior who can protect me while I shop for new sandals and jewelry :cool:

Well, on second thought, I could look pretty hot in some armor, okay, I'll help you :)

Noodleguitar

Sorry it's taken so long to update this thread with my plans but I needed some time to organize my thoughts and decide on a plan of attack.

This time around I'm playing the game much differently than before. Previously the game had little in the way of content as it was early in release. Something would come out, we'd level and explore quickly which was amazing fun but I tired of the game too quickly. I also missed out on a lot of things such as crafting and deep exploration which I want to make up for this time around.

This is the main reason I've put so much time into the Community Base at Stick Shangri-La as it's good jump point should we bring new people into the game. It's a safe enough area for newbies to get into the game and a good place for them to figure out how they wish to experience Conan Exiles.

My shift has changed drastically in the sense I won't be heading direct North at all. Instead I intend on tackling the map in slices zigzagging my way across the land making my way Northward.

I intend to explore the map in it's entirety Eastward which I expect will take me some time if last night is any indication. I got pwned by a SandCat or something and need to craft iron armor, weapons and tools before I head back.

I know a lot of you have the ability to craft and supply me with this stuff and as much as I appreciate that I feel this time around I need to at least make some of this stuff for myself. That's why last night I added the Armory (I think it is) so now I can make these items for myself.

After that it's directly East for me where I intend to forage and level up to Wood Structures so I can have a little cabin somewhere in the thick of things.
I somewhat agree with your approach. It's nice to experience the game without skipping things. It can be nice to get a little boost in survivability or damage from an item given to you by a higher level player, but we shouldn't have to powerlevel just to catch up to the one who is furthest ahead.

As far as I know the game doesn't have a very interesting end game, so I'm also in no rush. I don't need to fully explore the entire map but I wouldn't mind seeing all of the biomes and doing a dungeon or something in each of them. I'm currently working on a monstrosity in Stick Shangri-La to get rid of Bertha. It's perfectly fine if we split up a little as we see with the Northern base being built by the higher level players.

However, if we want to do progress dungeons/events together, we probably need to be somewhere around the same level with somewhat similar gear.

Deb

I have to say Conan Exiles has been such a cool surprise :D The game is really fun!!! Last night I got bored and went in to single player and built me a little house :) Really enjoyed playing with you guys yesterday! Ken, thanks for saving me from all the bad things and saving my stuff when I died :cool:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Deb you're doing terrific given how little time you've had to acclimate to the game and it's mechanics. You're a force to be reckoned with and have little fear in combat.

I did lol yesterday when we agro'd nearly everything in that plains area and had to run into the water to lose them. You sounded so terrified it was classic!

BTW, I made you another water skin and left it and another goody in the fire. One waterskin is always a good idea but two really help put your mind at ease and make water a much lesser priority while extending your range.

Deb

I had fun with it this afternoon while it was so hot outside in single player. I built a tannery and station to make armor, although don't have the resources to make armor yet. But the best thing was the double handed stone sword. I can take the imps out with 2 swings, the crocs take more, but I can definitely defend myself. Got attacked quite a bit and even took on a guy with a wooden shield and crushed him :D I can't find any deer though and I'm getting sick of eating bugs and eggs :( Although they work, but I need some steak :)

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads