• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Band of Others now operates its own 20 player Conan Exiles Server.

Details as follows:
  • Server Name: Band of Others Conan Exiles RPG PVE
  • Combat Mode: PVE
  • Community: Roleplaying
  • Player Count: 20 player
  • Night cycle: 5 minutes
  • Players despawn when out of server (sleeping bodies cannot be killed).
  • New players always spawn in at 9:00 AM and remain at that time until the server catches up (this assures new players never spawn at night).

Code:
[ServerSettings]
AdminPassword=*********
NPCMindReadingMode=0
MaxNudity=2
ServerCommunity=4
ConfigVersion=7
BlueprintConfigVersion=15
PlayerKnockbackMultiplier=1.000000
NPCKnockbackMultiplier=1.000000
StructureDamageMultiplier=1.000000
StructureDamageTakenMultiplier=1.000000
StructureHealthMultiplier=1.000000
NPCRespawnMultiplier=1.000000
NPCHealthMultiplier=1.000000
CraftingCostMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerDamageMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerDamageTakenMultiplier=1.000000
MinionDamageMultiplier=1.000000
MinionDamageTakenMultiplier=1.000000
NPCDamageMultiplier=1.000000
NPCDamageTakenMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerEncumbranceMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerEncumbrancePenaltyMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerMovementSpeedScale=1.000000
PlayerStaminaCostSprintMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerSprintSpeedScale=1.000000
PlayerStaminaCostMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerHealthRegenSpeedScale=1.000000
PlayerStaminaRegenSpeedScale=1.000000
PlayerXPRateMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerXPKillMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerXPHarvestMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerXPCraftMultiplier=1.000000
PlayerXPTimeMultiplier=1.000000
DogsOfTheDesertSpawnWithDogs=False
CrossDesertOnce=True
WeaponEffectBoundsShorteningFraction=0.200000
EnforceRotationRateWhenRoaming_2=True
EnforceRotationRateInCombat_2=True
ClipVelocityOnNavmeshBoundary=True
UnarmedNPCStepBackDistance=400.000000
PathFollowingAvoidanceMode=1
RotateToTargetSendsAngularVelocity=False
TargetPredictionMaxSeconds=1.000000
TargetPredictionAllowSecondsForAttack=0.400000
MaxAggroRange=9000.000000
ServerRegion=1
PVPBlitzServer=False
LandClaimRadiusMultiplier=1.000000
ItemConvertionMultiplier=1.000000
PathFollowingSendsAngularVelocity=False
UnconsciousTimeSeconds=600.000000
ConciousnessDamageMultiplier=1.000000
ValidatePhysNavWalkWithRaycast=True
LocalNavMeshVisualizationFrequency=-1.000000
UseLocalQuadraticAngularVelocityPrediction=False
LQAVPUseTime=0.150000
LQAVPFadeTime=0.100000
LQAVPMethod=2
NetworkSimulatedSmoothRotationTimeWithLQAVP=0.100000
serverVoiceChat=1
IsBattlEyeEnabled=True
RegionAllowAfrica=False
RegionAllowAsia=False
RegionAllowCentralEurope=True
RegionAllowEasternEurope=True
RegionAllowWesternEurope=True
RegionAllowNorthAmerica=True
RegionAllowOceania=True
RegionAllowSouthAmerica=True
RegionBlockList=True
bCanBeDamaged=True
PVPEnabled=False
CanDamagePlayerOwnedStrucutres=False
NightTimeSpeedScale=1.5
ClientCatchUpTime=9.00
LogoutCharactersRemainInTheWorld=False

Last edited:

Shilka

Hardcore
Well, contrary to rust, in Conan PvE provides plenty of challenge, so if it's going to be a PvE server where people won't total your place just for the fun of it, I'm game.

Currently reverted to singleplay for some quiet play. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind dying by someones sword or having some of my stuff stolen now and again. But being killed while not even on the server, and having your entire place and tens of thousands of materials destroyed by one single guy, just because he is a higher level and can bash down every door and item in your house isn't very fun yeah...

Nejtun

I like the idea of a B2O server, although kit's server was cool and for the most part hassle free. I think dying and having to go back to your corpse is punishment enough as you have some control over that I think also the game provides enough challenge with it's PvE content to warrant that game mode.

Not sure how much content the game is going to have later on , but judging by the current load of creatures you can spawn on a single player server there is plenty to be going on with, especially if you leave all the skill gains and resource gathering at its default level.

I am guessing it would be passworded as well? removes the chance of any grief gangs rolling from server to server as they are doing right now.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I like the idea of a B2O server, although kit's server was cool and for the most part hassle free. I think dying and having to go back to your corpse is punishment enough as you have some control over that I think also the game provides enough challenge with it's PvE content to warrant that game mode.

Not sure how much content the game is going to have later on , but judging by the current load of creatures you can spawn on a single player server there is plenty to be going on with, especially if you leave all the skill gains and resource gathering at its default level.

I am guessing it would be passworded as well? removes the chance of any grief gangs rolling from server to server as they are doing right now.
This is something we'd have to discuss and come to agreement upon within the Community.

From a purely Community growth standpoint, a passworded Server represents a waste of funds as there is little opportunity to grow it. We can advertise on Twitch and YouTube of course as well as on our Blog but that may only bring in a handful of people at best.

The idea of having a Community run Server is so we can bring people in and grow the Community, anything else represents a waste of money.

If griefers are indeed an issue then my hope is it can be Administered in some way to ensure this cannot happen via Server settings. I'm also hoping that it's something the Dev becomes aware of and alters aspects of either the game or Server side settings to alleviate (or at least minimize).

Again this is something we can discuss but I'd much rather start off Public rather than Passworded. At least this gives us the chance to grow it some prior to Passwording if that becomes necessary.

In many ways PVE servers are worse for griefing. People will do things such as, pillar and foundation spamming, blocking build sites and npc spawn sites. They will drag mobs to harass and they can be very mouthy in chat because there are no repercussions. PVP servers IMHO actually work better.

In Conan you need to get to lev 20 as quick as you can so you can build a tier 2 wall. Once a player hits 30 and gets steel, tier 1 is useless. This is why you see many people building up and then breaking their stairs when they log off at night.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Added a Poll just to gauge interest in this topic.

If you have the game and voted, please elaborate on why you chose Yes or No in response.

Thank you.

Nejtun

I voted yes, not too fussed on the server type though as long as we can just enjoy it :) . if it is open and pvp and the same rules as we are already running we run into the same problems we have already with buildings able to be destroyed and being able to be killed while offline . obviously I would like to see a couple of those rules adjusted in the interest of fair play.

Shilka

Hardcore
Next to that, building up an online character is quite a timesink, so it's always nice to have server ownage into your own hands, instead of pouring in time on a server that might be gone tomorrow ;)
(+ the fact that you can actively admin it ourselves under a don't be an ass rule, so you can take care of everything leftnut mentioned for example)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
We'll have our own Server by Saturday.

I have a few Server providers in mind but if you have any suggestions please make them now.

I'm aiming for a Server Hosted out of either Chicago or NY/NJ as they seem to be the fairest ping based given our NA and European playerbase.

The Server will be 20 slot to start, non-passworded.

Preference going of course to NY/NJ.

Please do not suggest Dallas, past experience has demonstrated Dallas is a terrible Hub at least for Western Canada.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
So it appears unanimous we want our own Server so I'll look into this closer today.

I'll be on TS really early today (around 1 PM EST) so if you guys want to come on and help me in the decision making process please feel free to do so.

Also, I'd appreciate a few Server Admins so if you're willing to be one please let me know.

Lastly, I'll setup the Server in a manner consistent with what we've chosen here.

Just remember to be patient with me. I haven't' setup or run a Gaming Server in a long, long time so there will be mistakes and plenty of them. Just let me know what they are and we'll tweak to suit.

I think it's important to mention I'd like to do everything possible to keep this a Public Conan Exiles Server. Passwording it means it will never grow and if it does it will be very slow growth based solely on whatever marketing effort we put toward it.

It's a lot of work to grow a Private Server so it's in our best interests to keep it Public.

Kitlope

Hardcore
I have mine for another month but will likely be ditching it come the end of March as I should get busy with out of town work. When I need a Conan fix I'll be sure to join B20 server... my recommendation is to keep it PVP and for players to get to level 20 asap. You can even adjust the xp and harvesting rates to make the first 20 go faster if need be... but I would be careful about setting it too high (or too high for too long) as too many entities can become an issue if the server becomes quite popular.

I have mine with Gameservers and other than a couple very minor issues with the server cmd line stuff it's been quite headache free.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I have mine for another month but will likely be ditching it come the end of March as I should get busy with out of town work. When I need a Conan fix I'll be sure to join B20 server... my recommendation is to keep it PVP and for players to get to level 20 asap. You can even adjust the xp and harvesting rates to make the first 20 go faster if need be... but I would be careful about setting it too high (or too high for too long) as too many entities can become an issue if the server becomes quite popular.

I have mine with Gameservers and other than a couple very minor issues with the server cmd line stuff it's been quite headache free.
That's where we picked up ours from too. I've used them in the past and had no complaints and given it was only $18 CDN for the month it was a no-brainer.

We set up our Conan Exiles Server as PVE though and will see how that goes over the short term. If people decide they want to change it we shouldn't have an issue doing it later.

BTW Kitty, do you know what the proper Community and Location Settings are for the Server.cfg?

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads