B2O Forum Aesthetic Bug Tracker (XenForo)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hello all,

This topic will serve as the centralized Bug Tracker, feature request and theming version history.

I've tried to include all known issues as well as those found by our Members/Testers. If I've missed anything please let me know.

The new Community url can be found here: http://bandofothersgaming.com/community

Theme:

2016-Dark - version alpha
(fixed width 1200px)

• Breadcrumb styling overhaul
  • #content .pageContent diffuser background added
  • Everywhere sidebar configuration required (User Settings Page has 2 sidebars for example)
  • Footer displaying auto black background (reason unknown)
  • Header Image rotate via hardcoded jquery (template) SEO Optimized
  • #headerMover, #headerProxy #header, #content background: transparent important! (The only way to remove the header blue background)
  • Message quote background too light
  • Message quote text should be serif
  • Navbar Styling and functionality overhaul
  • .node nodeLastPost displaying background even when removed in EXTRA.css. Possibly hard coaded into template. @property "secondaryContent"; assigned in Template node_category_level_1 required removal (/* */)
  • Search option to be added to Navbar
  • .sectionMain diffuser background added
  • .sidebar diffuser background added
  • User Login/Registration hidden by Twitch Viewer. z-index changed to 4 in Template loginBar/loginBar.css, margin-left value of 250px in EXTRA.css.
  • WYSIWYG Editor background too transparent

**Potential fix for "out of memory" error when importing vb database: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/problems-importing-attachments-vb-4-2-to-xf-1-4-help.100847/

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
What happened to mine and Quick's profile pictures?
They probably got wiped when I tested the database merge this past weekend, sorry.

Currently the test forum has 2 databases associated with it for testing purposes. At any one time you may visit that site and notice widespread changes at any level.

This means I'm currently connecting to an alternate database.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Still a long way to go but I've made a lot of progress so far.

Just need to fix a few more glaring errors and v1 is complete.

E

ElektroVodka

Navbar b2o.png

Sure it's just part of the w.i.p. but just so you know :p
The navbar that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I don't actually understand what's happening there because you don't have the Twitch Viewer to the right which is what's messing up the Navbar.

What browser are you using and browser version?

E

ElektroVodka

I don't actually understand what's happening there because you don't have the Twitch Viewer to the right which is what's messing up the Navbar.

What browser are you using and browser version?
Hmm, a refresh seemed to fix it.

navbar b2o 2.png

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It also could have been that I assigned block values to the navbar trying to fix another issue.

I've since removed those values as they had a tendency to render the navbar up top as you illustrated but snap back to there actual position.

Oh well it seems fixed now and believe it or not it's all thanks to your screenshot :)

E

ElektroVodka

I like it!

Anyway, try clicking on the "quick navigation" button on the forums navbar (the arrow in the blue bar) and scroll all the way back to top.

It seems as if the "Quick nav menu" has 3 layers and one of those are fudging with the Twitch viewer

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
By Quick Navigation you mean what exactly?

Are you talking about Forum Threads in the Sidebar or User CP Stuff?

EDIT: nvm, that hasn't been styled yet.

The reason it's displaying that way is because the Twitch Viewer has a higher z-index value which I'll correct shortly.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
OK so as it turns out the issue with the Quick Navigation popup window is far more complex than I thought. Simply assigning a position and z-index value does not help whatsoever as Firefox cannot understand that the embedded player is actually a part of the header.

Instead Firefox for whatever reason puts the player above the Quick Navigation Menu and there's no way around it.

Now this is only an issue if the background image is transparent, add an actual background value and it renders properly.

...I have no bl00dy idea why but it just goes to show that Firefox is not nearly as progressive with web standards as it once was.

Chrome renders with no issue.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Great job so far dookie. The menu looks real nice and I like the underlined effect for the selected or hovered text.

Along the same lines of what I suggested previously, I'd change the menu font to something less generic. I think Oswald: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Oswald would look real nice... goes well with the B2O type.

I also suggest changing that "Sign Up Now" button on the right to a "Sign up/Log In" button.

I love that when you sign on your info is displayed there, as well as an extension of the menu, with your inbox, alerts, etc there. Perfect spot for it.

Do you plan to implement a stats section or something like that at the bottom of all the main pages? Like how ours shows the latest posts, top posters, hottest threads, etc. If you do, I'd like to see a hottest threads list that will show the most popular threads of say, the past 30 days or whatever.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Daunt said:
Great job so far dookie. The menu looks real nice and I like the underlined effect for the selected or hovered text.

Along the same lines of what I suggested previously, I'd change the menu font to something less generic. I think Oswald: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Oswald would look real nice... goes well with the B2O type.
The font I'm using is the font used on the DVD Box Set for Band of Others but I guess since I'm clearly departing from that aesthetic a change in font can't hurt.

I'll give it a try and see how it looks.

My only concern with it is even with text-transformed to uppercase it may still be narrower than the existing font. I'm trying to achieve the width I have to more or less center the Navigation Bar text in the Header image.

Daunt said:
I also suggest changing that "Sign Up Now" button on the right to a "Sign up/Log In" button.

I love that when you sign on your info is displayed there, as well as an extension of the menu, with your inbox, alerts, etc there. Perfect spot for it.
I fully intend to change it to Login or Sign Up the same as in the tab above right of the Twitch Viewer but I couldn't find the code :icon_redface:

...not that I spent all that much time looking.

Daunt said:
Do you plan to implement a stats section or something like that at the bottom of all the main pages? Like how ours shows the latest posts, top posters, hottest threads, etc. If you do, I'd like to see a hottest threads list that will show the most popular threads of say, the past 30 days or whatever.
I do but I'm unsure of how it will be presented?

The problem with XenForo is they've chosen a Sidebar only approach to Widgets and as such have none in the footer. This means everything has to be in the sidebar and it's already long as hell.

Apparently it may be possible to have tabs in the Sidebar so I'll have to get this working and see how you all feel about it.

If it's not feasible it means custom coding widgets into the footer which I'm not a big fan of. I'm sure it can be done with the help of the XenForo Community but if it comes to that it will take some time.

This is code I won't create on my own. I'm worried about creating a potential security risk via improper code structure (I'm no php expert). If it was straight php I could probably muddle through it but it's php linked directly to database tables which I'm not comfortable with at all.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hey all,

I've made a lot of progress on the test site over the past week and I'm very close to designating the current theme v1 complete. This means that I believe we're feature rich and aesthetically usable enough to release on this theme template.

For this reason I'll be tackling database merges this week and into the weekend. If successful I'll need you guys to try and help me identify and correct issues as they arise (there may be plenty).

Please be aware that once the test database is merged your login credentials will no longer function as normal. Your username and user ID will remain in tact but you'll likely have to validate your account via e-mail and setup a new password.

My apologies for the inconvenience but there's nothing I can do about it.

My goal is to have us up and running on the new Community Software within the next few weeks if possible.

Daunt

MLG Pro
My goal is to have us up and running on the new Community Software within the next few weeks if possible.
What are we going to bug you about now? I'm sure we'll find something to ask you if it's done yet.

My apologies for the inconvenience but there's nothing I can do about it.
Absolutely ridiculous. I want my money back. All $0.00 of it.

Noodleguitar

Did you get my message, Daunt, on the new site? Or Conversation as it is called.

Anyone with a longer username will have it cut-off in the navigation bar I've noticed. All I can see is "NOOD...". I don't know if you want to keep this the same font size, otherwise you could maybe call it "USER" instead or something like it?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Did you get my message, Daunt, on the new site? Or Conversation as it is called.

Anyone with a longer username will have it cut-off in the navigation bar I've noticed. All I can see is "NOOD...". I don't know if you want to keep this the same font size, otherwise you could maybe call it "USER" instead or something like it?
I'm sure this can be changes by simply altering a character limit somewhere.

Be sure to remind me when we're on the new site because to be honest this will fall very low in the list of priorities given all the major work still remaining.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads