B2O paint schemes for ETS2

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Given the amount of time I've spent in ETS the past months I feel it's time to actually drive a Band of Others branded truck in hopes of one day possibly creating a fleet.

Currently I'm working on the new Scania S and R models. What follows are some W.I.P.'s of this paint scheme.

20180116215254_1.jpg
20180116215311_1.jpg
20180116215333_1.jpg
20180116215302_1.jpg

Shilka

Hardcore
If you ever make one in a realistic European Company style I'd love to have it!

This skin is very nice so far, I really like the top logo (the black wheels are a bit cheesy on it though tbh, just my personal opinion, perhaps make them look more like wheels then black dots, and lower their position a bit)
Actually, the longer I look at it, the more I think the bottom part is to 'racy' , because of the over sized cut off B2O, and the tilted name. Having a number and driver name on there is a nice touch again though, although for realism sake more attention should go to the number then to the driver name. Also a company name on the front is a must, but as you said it's WIP, so I expect that's still in the pipeline.

Anyway, perhaps I'm over emphasizing my own liking for realistic truck skins, but I hope you appreciate the honesty :)
(Or perhaps I'm just steering you towards making me a separate skin to my own liking, lol)

As usual, the craftsmanship on the skinning itself is flawless. Are you aiming to make skins for every cabin shape, chassis length as well?

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Why is it hard to find lorries with decals on it? Also, I can't find two trucks with a standardized truck ID layout, so does the EU not require that?

Also, I know we talked about keeping the logo on the door, but that was because the side of the Peterbuilt wasnt flat. Lik the truck above, I think you could get away with the logo beinglarger being larger because of how flat the side of the truck is.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
As always I appreciate the feedback all so thank you very much for your insight.

I'll have to respond to your posts individually because the site has issues with the wall of text I'm creating lol.

@Skid_Marc_ one of the first things I looked for was Highway Truck Legals and I've never really found anything concrete that I can back up via a fleet screenshot.

Our Computer Cutting area at my job actually cuts a lot of this stuff with GVW's, US D.O.T. VIN's, I.C.C. and other stuff that typically seems to go either low on the Door or Sleeper.

I've not come across any such markings for EU aside from Company Name, Vehicle Number/Fleet Number and Driver Name. Placement doesn't seem to be standardized either however a lot seem to put this stuff toward the front of the truck above the steps.

Shilka

Hardcore
If you want to find lorries with decals it's best to search for transport companies first, then check their websites.
Here's a bunch from transport companies just from my tiny hometown (25.000 inhabitants):

Truckspotting (followed by a European country name) is also good for finding pictures; here's 88 pages of euro trucks for example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77763831@N05/

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Finding that stuff isn't a problem @Shilka, it's the legals such as:

This is the truck information you must display on your vehicle in North America for it to be legal.

I've not been able to find similar information about vehicles over the pond.

Shilka

Hardcore
The pictures was more as an answer to marc :)

That kind of legally obliged info on the trucks themselves doesn't exist here in the Netherlands, nor Europe in general. Only the signage for ADR is obligatory in general. Sometimes green round plates on the front are used to show emission class of a vehicle (as some European towns have low emission zones, meaning you can't enter if your truck pollutes to much). But Quick should be able to tell you more about it. There's plenty of paperwork to haul around, but apart from ADR, nothing that needs displaying on the outside of the truck.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
The pictures was more as an answer to marc

That kind of legally obliged info on the trucks themselves doesn't exist here in the Netherlands, nor Europe in general. Only the signage for ADR is obligatory in general. Sometimes green round plates on the front are used to show emission class of a vehicle (as some European towns have low emission zones, meaning you can't enter if your truck pollutes to much). But Quick should be able to tell you more about it. There's plenty of paperwork to haul around, but apart from ADR, nothing that needs displaying on the outside of the truck.
I guess that explains the difficulty in finding it then.

BTW, the answer to your question (and many more unasked and probably uncared about questions lol) is forthcoming.

E

ElektroVodka

Nope, no such thing as USDOT markings are required. All you need is a license plate and the rest of the painting and markings is up to the company.

Not that we don't have those numbers tho, we just don't put them on the trucks.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Nope, no such thing as USDOT markings are required. All you need is a license plate and the rest of the painting and markings is up to the company.

Not that we don't have those numbers tho, we just don't put them on the trucks.
I just assumed there would be an EU equivalent for Department of Transportation on your side of the pond but upon further thought it's probably not necessary. Your trucks are so puny by comparison they're more akin to a Tonka Toy so the only marking you'd really need on them is choking hazard on the box it comes in :D

Nejtun

Did you put that sexy B2O paint on the workshop by any chance Ken? I am about to buy a Scania and I think that paint would look nice as hell :D

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Did you put that sexy B2O paint on the workshop by any chance Ken? I am about to buy a Scania and I think that paint would look nice as hell :D
No not yet. To be honest I never really finished it as I got busy with other stuff. I can't figure out what's wrong with the way the livery is displaying black on the external sun-visor.

I'm also not happy with the area below the grille and need to clean that up prior to publish. Essentially, I'm going to remove the striping down there and continue on with the red border highlighting the grille area. I really think this will look cool and go a long way toward not affecting painted bumpers.

There was also a fair amount of feedback that I'd not properly responded to from @Shilka. Although helpful some just won't work for what I'm looking for as I'm projecting myself as a Fleet Owner.

I agree with the feedback on the B2O Logistics logo but that was really just a rough draft intended to be a placeholder. I wasn't married to it and will likely take your suggestions there @Shilka verbatim.

As for the "raciness", this is by design. I like to pretend that one of these trucks will haul a Racing Trailer for a Band of Others Racecar. I'm looking for continuity between iRacing and ETS2 which ultimately led to this design.

I knew it wouldn't be everyone's taste but nothing ever is so I always err on what I like to look at and adjust when I can live with said adjustments.

@Nejtun, I can probably make some adjustments and throw your name on there but I ask you please be patient while I iron everything else out. Painting in ETS2 is not nearly as straight forward as it used to be IMHO so I'm really on the struggle bus when it comes to skinning.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Using a real-life trucking-based race team as an example, there IS a big difference between Penke's race car haulers and Penske's fleet trucks...

Although it isnt uncommon to see one of their fleet-trucks standing in for a hauler if it is needed, especially considering they bring 4-6 haulers to an Indycar race, for example.

I dont really know if any if this is helpful... actually I know it is the opposite of helpful
.. just spewing random info... :p

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It doubles my workload @Skid_Marc_ so no, not helpful at all :p

Actually more so because I have to invent a new look and who has time for that?

So ya, thanks but no thanks phuker.

Shilka

Hardcore
Cool to see you working on this again :)
I suppose there will be a matching trailer too now that owning trailers is a thing?
Perhaps some nice design element on the truck that continues back on the trailer? :p

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Cool to see you working on this again :)
I suppose there will be a matching trailer too now that owning trailers is a thing?
Perhaps some nice design element on the truck that continues back on the trailer? :p
Ya, trailer definitely coming after I sort out the Rig.

As it happens, one of the most recent updates clearly affected the Truck templates so now my truck is rendering partial images in areas that were originally blocked out as either red or black.

I'm hoping that new template files are available and that I can just drag and drop my existing layers onto them. If not it's back to the drawing board.

Also, since I'm moving the B2O Logistics to the front of the airshield (as per your insight @Shilka) I'm likely going to add a Company Slogan to the sides of it.

The Company Slogan I'm leaning toward currently is "We deliver peace, not pieces".

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics