BFV discussion & patch notes

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I didn't really notice any glaring changes except for when you initially zoom in from God view to player at the beginning of a round. That animation is now so smooth and sweet looking I'm in awe at the beginning of every round.

Aside from that I was watching the VOD from last nights stream and was amazed at how good the game sounds. I think this could be the best Battlefield overall I've ever played, it's just solid.

Although I've not witnessed anything obvious to date, I've heard cheating is a big problem and there are numerous people (apparently) running wall hacks. Hopefully they can sort this out soon because they don't really have the luxury of losing players.

Aside from that I was watching the VOD from last nights stream and was amazed at how good the game sounds. I think this could be the best Battlefield overall I've ever played, it's just solid.
I have to agree, the game just feels right and is overall fantastic. And the sound... the sound is so good I finally picked up some decent headphones as I haven't gamed with headphones on for a decade... dream cans baby! Sennheiser HD600 (so no more tank noise coming through my mic dookie!)

Attachments

not sure what happened to my game but it is now unplayable. I deleted it and reinstalled a fresh copy and it still isn't working.
bfv issue.JPG

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
My game refuses to update as well and is locked in a never ending "preparing" state.

Once again I've been forced to resort to uninstalling BFV and reinstalling from a fresh install.

Just out of curiosity @Dave, what drive to you have Origin and BFV installed on?

I remember a time when you simply could not update The Sims 3 unless the game was installed on C:\\ Drive. A part of me wonders if this is still a thing?

Nothing with EA would surprise me at this point.

I finally got it updated but for some reason that thing you told me to do didn't work exactly like that but required a couple other guesses as to which buttons onscreen would continue the install. Took a while but now everything is working. I have it on my E drive.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I have never had an Origin game installed on my C: drive, and have never had any issues with it updating. Just launched the game, and got the screen full of "ID_SPARTA...." commands, but it updated in-game, and everything looks good for me... What a broken clusterfuck that update was!

The second post in this thread is exactly what I did.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I have never had an Origin game installed on my C: drive, and have never had any issues with it updating. Just launched the game, and got the screen full of "ID_SPARTA...." commands, but it updated in-game, and everything looks good for me... What a broken clusterfuck that update was!

The second post in this thread is exactly what I did.
Unfortunately that never worked for me.

I had to leave the game, run the Repair Utility in Origin and then run the update.

So far everything has worked out fine with the update. I decided to go grab another of the Dell 27" 1440p monitors to put on my desk for gaming these FPS. Can't wait to see BF V in this now. It will make missing shots even better looking..

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
YUGE update today for BF V. 30+gb!
Oh God no!

There should be a lot of weapon balance changes in here that may (or may not) impact ttk.

Judging by what Westie had to say on the subject, the Battlefield Community is expecting a lot of changes in this area so it'll be interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eninbolzonova
Top Bottom