Conan Exiles B2O server discussion thread

little P

Super Mod
So as we have a couple of threads with comments on I thought it best if we have one central thread to discuss our objectives, and progress with the village and anything else we decide to do in the future.

- One major piece of news I have is the crocodile infestation has been dealt with. Now either one of two things happened;

Either the smelly nether regioned culprit had a wash in the sea

or

The crocs got fed up with entire families getting wiped out every time we went out for a walk.

Regardless, the village has now been declared a croc free zone... huzzah!

- The market square is coming along nicely, well done to all.

- Quick "Electrovodka" Siiiiilvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrr has built a nice F.O.B. near the iron ore and coal deposits North of our base where the huge waterfall is, good job.

- Jerad has by now explored 90 percent of the map. He's nuts.

- Duke is still unconscious despite multiple teabaggings and promises of free poutine for life if she wakes up.

- Mae has been hard at work and has built a rather nice little seaside eating area for all your salty, fresh, (and not so fresh) fish dining needs.

- Wapwap has still not tidied his yard, and is insistent that the holes in his roof are for "ventilation".

- We have a new arrival in the village, @Noodleguitar has joined us and has already become adept at killing crocs on the outskirts of the forest, albeit with a pickaxe to the head. Still, it was entirely effective after the 679th swing, good job Noodle.

20180601231923_1.jpg

"Noodleguitar's first combat experience, turns out he's deadly with a pickaxe"

My personal goals are to just have fun taking my time to rank up and making my house all nice and cosy and ting. I enjoy chopping trees and mining stone, going on iron ore and coal runs etc. levelling up slowly.

If anyone needs any stone or wood feel free to take some from the downstairs storage in my house, I can always refill it.

Loving our little village, it feels like a real little community.

The nicest thing is when Noodle turned up he genuinely thought it was an NPC village.

Until he was greeted by me and Wappy on the beach with our hands in the air and a double wardrobe malfunction...

20180601223955_1.jpg

"Noodleguitar decides he likes the game from this point forward"

20180601224109_1.jpg

"Sometimes you just have to put your foot down"

20170903203611_1.jpg

"So much to explore, so many sights to see"

Feel free to add your thoughts, your goals, suggestions for things to plan for etc. :)

Last edited:

Jerad

TS3 SA
I'm only like 75% ish explored. The jungle is a god damn maze that I get lost in and have to check my map every 3 seconds and I still haven't figured out a good way to get to the volcano.

I did find out that with medium armor Elephants and Rhinos aren't very scary anymore. They're still broken AF compared to bears and moose but they can be dealt with.

Also in my explorations I've found some cool ass stuff like this fellow:

and some ghosties building a trebuchet to take down an already fallen keep:

Oh and I also met Conan! He's in the map!

Jerad

TS3 SA
Also did this tonight:

Kinda scary dude

He ded

First time I'd done a dungeon in this game, they're pretty fun with a few little puzzles and a boss. I don't know how many others there are but we should group up to do some.

little P

Super Mod
lol Quick and nice scenes ID.

Question for us all... do we want the purge server setting on? I'm up for turning it off to be honest but want to see what you all think.

We are very close to the first purge so time is of the essence...

@Duke

Jerad

TS3 SA
lol Quick and nice scenes ID.

Question for us all... do we want the purge server setting on? I'm up for turning it off to be honest but want to see what you all think.

We are very close to the first purge so time is of the essence...

@Duke
I'm fine with either way, I think I watched someone elses base get 'purged' on the last server and because npc's can't break structures they just stood around till their archers killed them all. So I am not sure purging even does anything in pve mode. I might be wrong though.

I do know for sure there is a setting that requires X number of people on the server for the purge to start so we could set that highish so it doesn't happen until we're all on to fight a war :D

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
So what do I have to do with this purge thing? I'm not sure I understood anything that transpired today, there was just too much nonsense going on lol.

All I see for Purge is this:

PurgeNPCBuildingDamageMultiplier=(5.000000,5.000000,10.000000,15.000000,20.000000,25.000000)

No values such as True/False that I was expecting and nothing else relating to the purge mechanic that's easily recognizable.

Oh and btw @Wapwap I know you like to play the victim but you did not come out of this alone. My eyes were burning for a good couple of hours after our play session specifically because of things such as this:

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
OK I think I disable Purge but can someone please confirm the next time they login? Apparently it has to be set via the ingame settings makemeadmin method.

I've disabled Purge but remain unsure of whether or not the changes take effect until after Server restart? My guess is that a Server restart is required which happens automatically every night anyway so it should be working for tomorrow.

Also there are Server Difficulty Settings which I don't think were there before. A part of me wonders if we're set to Easy given how little resistance there is in getting up to Turtle Head?

E

ElektroVodka

Well, i can't see it in the ingame admin panel, however the purge indicator is gone so you did something right.

Deb

This game looks pretty fun, maybe I should download it, but from glancing at Ken's Twitch channel a couple of times while you guys are playing, it looks like a big learning curve for a newbie.

E

ElektroVodka

Without all the bullshitting it's pretty easy to learn. Especially with all of us clowns around :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
This game looks pretty fun, maybe I should download it, but from glancing at Ken's Twitch channel a couple of times while you guys are playing, it looks like a big learning curve for a newbie.
You'd pick up on it in no time @Deb. It looks more complex than it is but it's pretty well laid out and accessible I think to most anyone.

Last edited:

little P

Super Mod
Meanwhile, Duke is happy that he got his stuff back :p
I wish I recorded it from my point of view, everyone just leapt off the tower when the big bastard spider warped right where we were standing and we all heroically ran away in different directions while Duke is just like; "I got all my stuff though..." hahaha

Also every time I watch this clip
I still lmao, honestly it's seeing you cry with laughter that gets me man, I lost the bloody plot at the time too, "Here's four stones and my marvel collection" and "He didn't want them one at a time" nearly finished me off, great times.

Glad you are going to join us Deb, and I believe Jmart picked it up too?

- THE TRIBE IS GROWING -

Deb

Okay, I downloaded it, so if anyone wants to show me how sometime, let me know. Oh, do I need a controller or is it easy enough with the mouse and keyboard?

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics