DCS F14 The sound of freedom

Jeeve79

Casual
Thanks @Skid_Marc_ , very helpfull. I dont like the speedo either and i too have to look into DLC controls. In the options it says DLC/countermeasures so it must be the same button for two different functions. He also doesnt say how to set Tacan for Stennis but i guess u can just ask jester to do that.

Kinger

Core
While I have zero clue how to do anything Tomcat, I hope to be able to tune into this stream for the entertainment value :)

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
The weather is doing a crummy "I'm not raining, but I could at any moment if you don't want me to...." thing right now. Gonna give it another hour before we decide if we go or stay.

Either way, at the latest, I'll be on from 5pm EDT for the rest of the night, hopefully!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Sorry, it turns out I was unprepared for how completely unprepared I was to do any flying at the moment. I'm trying really hard to get things sorted for tonight, though... :/

Jeeve79

Casual
So much stuff happening there in a few seconds. I wreck the ship, Marc almost wrecks some fish, and Nejt wrecks his own bomb. U can see Nejtuns debris for a split second on the right.

Jeeve79

Casual
Keep getting my ass ripped by F-18s in the merge, guns only. Dunno why i even bother. Good practise trying to master the plane though.

Kinger

Core
Keep getting my ass ripped by F-18s in the merge, guns only. Dunno why i even bother. Good practise trying to master the plane though.

Your clip is 3 hours so not exactly sure what was happening in the merge. How fast and high were you during the initial engagement?

Jeeve79

Casual
hmmm timestamp not working? nevermind then. I was shit anyway.
And its not realistic, guns only, and the Mirage and F-18 without pylons is OP as fuck.
The mission was just 5 mile separation head on spawn in. So u click fly both at the same time and u are in the merge, great fun actually and u can learn optimal turn speeds and stuff.

Kinger

Core
Y
hmmm timestamp not working? nevermind then. I was shit anyway.
And its not realistic, guns only, and the Mirage and F-18 without pylons is OP as fuck.
The mission was just 5 mile separation head on spawn in. So u click fly both at the same time and u are in the merge, great fun actually and u can learn optimal turn speeds and stuff.
You sure this wasn’t just a case of better pilot knowing the strengths and weaknesses of his aircraft vs another?

Jeeve79

Casual
Yes off coarse. I never got into a dogfight before this happened. That is why i say i was shit, because i was. :)
F-14 is pretty good in the turn actually. But it needs a skilled pilot. :(

Jeeve79

Casual
I might take u up on that challenge @Brainling , F-14 vs F-18. I can host that dogfight mission.
For those fighting F-14, u can guess what his speed is by looking if his wings are folded or not, unless he has them set to manual off coarse. The optimal F-14 turn speed is around 330 knots, lets say 300-350 knots in general.

Jeeve79

Casual
@Kinger He was getting cocky for sure after the Fight For Honor competition. That is why i joined to put him in his place hahaaa. I must say, he is pretty good in that French baguette tho.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads