GRAsim V8 Supercar League - Season 3 2015

Slider

Hardcore
I've created this thread to clean up the forum a bit as the other one grew with various discussions. Feel free to delete if not necessary.

League Standings:
http://www.danlisa.com/scoring/season_standings.php?season_id=4319
Forum: http://grasim.freeforums.net/
Next week (week 7): Oran Park Raceway - Grand Prix
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall
Standings
Driver (Team)StartsLapsIncPtsBeh League LeaderBeh Next B2OChg
1N. Luneberg (A)4124301014---
4M. Gammack (B)412458815-199-199+1
6W. Stratton (A)412249744-270-71-2
7D. Riendeau (D)412232738-276-6+1
9R. Casteline (D)37853593-421-145-3
13K. Lindberg (B)313123516-498-77+5
14D. Topic (C)39170460-554-56+1
18K. Breen-Bondie (C)37653431-583-29-8

Overall
Standings
TeamStartsTot PtsBeh League LeaderBeh Next B2O
1A81758--
3B71331-427-369
3D71331-427-
7C6891-867-440

Schedule:
1: Circuit Zolder - Alternate, 35 laps, 72% fuel (80L) *

2: Oulton Park Circuit - International, 21 laps --

3: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Endurance, 22 laps, 72% fuel (80L) *

4: Phillip Island Circuit, 46 laps **

5: Circuit of the Americas - West, 25 laps --

6: Sebring International Raceway - International, 24 laps, 72% fuel (80L) *

7: Oran Park Raceway - Grand Prix, 35 laps --

8: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix, 38 laps **

9: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Full Course, 25 laps --

10: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 31 laps, 72% fuel (80L) *

11: Watkins Glen International - Classic Boot, 18 laps --

12: Mount Panorama Circuit, 34 laps, 50% fuel (56L) ++

** Targeted 70min and will require a stop.
* Tracks with 80L limit targeted 110L, will require a stop.
-- Tracks with no limit targeted 70L.

++ Bathurst is targeting 2 stops

Week 6: Sebring International Raceway - International
July 21, 2015

Server starts at 5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST

Realistic weather

40 min practice, 20 min qualifying and 60 min race

Standing Start

1 Fast Repair

*NOTE* Will be using the iracing league for the season. Please make sure u are in the GRAsim.us league, if not apply and admins will make sure u are added. To find the races, u have to go to the iRacing league page then league sessions tab
Recommended ratio: --
Starting Max Fuel: 72% (80L)
Race fuel Total: Min 106L
Pit window: n/a
Pit strategy:
- start with: 80L
- Refuel: 35L
- Tire Change: Recommended

Total laps = 24

Last edited:

Slider

Hardcore
Thank you for the table. I'll be updating the rest as we do the races. I don't have Oulton Park, so someone else will have to do math fuel, but it seems there might only be a tire stop, if anything.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Great job all. I'm rendering video now and it's amazing to see how many cars we have on the field. You literally can't go anywhere for long without seeing a B2O Livery.

Oulton Park is Oran level tough except a bit faster but equally narrow and technical with elevation changes.

Daunt

MLG Pro
I think I may pick it up. Seems it isn't used often so it's not one of those great bang for your buck tracks, but then again I bought Oran. Oulton, I've driven on in PCars, seems to be a great track.

Dino said:
so someone else will have to do math fuel, but it seems there might only be a tire stop, if anything.

I'm not positive but seeing as they didn't make adjustments to the fuel amount this race, I'd guess that means we don't need a fuel stop. With no fuel stop needed, that means no one will be taking stops. You can stop if you want but it's a huge waste. Will take a look at fuel amounts this weekend.

Noodleguitar

Yep, I don't think Oulton Park requires any stop with 21 laps and without a fuel limit.

I watched a bit of Tony's video. In the start he says "Oh there are so many Band of Others cars in front of me" :p.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Yep. Some initial testing shows it is going to be about ~19 gallons. Way more than enough fuel for 21 laps.

I watched Tony's too. Great video. He makes it look easy. I will say that having all those cars is a sign we need to make our own league.

Daunt

MLG Pro
So after some practice and nailing down a set I think will get me through the race, my best lap times I got down to about 1:38.4. Still looking at around 19 gallons. I'll probably fill up to start at 20 and leave it at that.

What was everyone else running at the practice this weekend, how ya feeling at this very challenging course?

Noodleguitar

In the Sunday session my best time was around a 1:36.7 using a modified Zolder race set. I think the others were running 1:37.x - 1:38.x.

I will post the set today after some more practice. I'd also like to try dumping some of the fuel to see if it is faster for qualifying.

Oulton is a lot of fun but also punishing when you get it slightly wrong. Finding the right line seems much more important than carrying speed through the corners.

Track map: http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/TrackDetail.do?trkid=180
Corners in which I think entry speed is important:
Turn 1, 4, 5, 7-9, 11
Where I think exit speed is more important:
Turn 3, 10, 12, 15, 16

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I just barely eeked my way into 38's and probably won't run them in the race. I'll be lucky if my average laptime is in the high 39's come Tuesday.

There is just no room for error here at all, you either go off into a field somewhere, into a fence or a tire barrier, not good.

This is purely a survival week for me so I'll likely be back of the pack somewhere.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Don't worry Duke. My race time always seems to be +1-2 seconds slower than my PB time. For race time I need to try and race a bit more aggressive yet not over the edge.. I tend to get into a rut where I'm just getting around the track not really paying attention to my lap times and it's not the way to race obviously. Also depends on the track, but still it makes for a boring race.

Noodleguitar

I did a full fuel run yesterday. FuelBuddy said 68 L for 21 laps. I think I'm going to run 76 L to be safe. The tires held up nicely, I could do consistent high 1:35's in grippy weather. The tires with the most wear were showing 80% tread remaining at the end. If the weather is very warm tire wear might be an issue though.

I might try to have another go at running qualifying fuel tonight. It seemed faster in some sections but then the instability lost me time elsewhere.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Last night I was able to string together laps but they were ugly. My fastest time so far is a mid 1:36 but I'll get nowhere close to that in race tonight.

The real issue with me is the tire chicanes because I get closer to them with each and ever lap. It's so easy to clip one and either bounce off it, lose a fender or get it stuck in the center of your car.

I also really need to be careful in the first 3 or 4 corners on lap one because I always either go off or completely destroy the car.

I think tonight's race could certainly prove challenging.

Daunt

MLG Pro
All I'm noticing is that comparing lap times outside the same session is pointless. In a new session I was able to hit mid 1:36s. The session before I could barely break into the 1:37s. Pretty amazing, even though I'm a pretty inconsistent driver..

The first few laps are going to be very chaotic, even more than last week. Just going to have to be very slow.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Ya I was just watching it over at GRA, really tough luck man.

I don't know about you guys but that was a tough race.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'm still mad about it. Not a good start to the season.
I actually received a PM from Kloosterman this morning about the lap 1 incident between Tony J and myself in the final turn leading onto the Pit straight.

I'm guessing he's just being pro-active because of my comment in racing chat but can't be sure. I do know he also contacted Tony J about it but basically it was a racing incident that could have been avoided but on a track where passing opportunities are limited, maybe not?

I didn't get too wound up by it and was more shocked than anything but hats off to Kloosterman for jumping in and trying to keep the peace.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads