Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Jes_971, I've been hotlapping and will spend the remainder of the week just trying to keep the car clean for an ffs.

I think it's helped me identify the key areas the Ferrari is giving me trouble in so those areas are where I'll be focusing my efforts.

I'd be lying if I didn't state driving this car is a struggle for me. I'm so used to understeer and dealing with that so acclimating to a car that is turn in happy is somewhat daunting so far.

Brainling

Hardcore
Hmm, interesting take. I find the Ferrari to be understeery as hell...but I guess compared to the Banana Boat that is the Merc it turns in pretty well.

Jes_971

Hardcore
@Duke Good to hear that everything seems to be working out. I have nothing but strong faith in your ability to keep the car on track and intact. You have an uncanny ability to switch on the "Run consistent and clean" mode when race day finally rolls around.

We'll get through this together!!

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
@Sam Roselaar Sorry meant to post on here ealier, my irl karting teamate wanted to run the race and asked me to drive with him. Not too hyped about the Merc but we'll see how long we can get the car to last. I'm set on running the baseline setup :p

OK I have decided that I am not going to torture a B2O team and race in the Bathurst 12hr. I really suck at this track in a wide variety of cars and I don't want to go through the frustration. Maybe I suck in all the cars at all the tracks. I am still trying to determine that. Sorry and I have updated the spreadsheet.

John

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@Duke I was using these as Decal Sheets, so you'll have to remove the number boards, probably... (except for the BMW and Ferrari(?). Make sure you keep the number boards visible on those cars because they're not automatic like the other GT3 cars)

Attachments

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
For teams running the Band of Others B2O Endurance scheme, there are two optimal wheel colors if you want something other than black;

Hex Code for "Chrome" Wheels: #7D0000

Hex Code for "Matte" Wheels: #490000

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

@Anson Bennette are you going to be around this afternoon/evening for some practice? Here is the set I've been running so far. Feels pretty good, handles the curbs alright, as long as you don't go all the way across them (ie. Turn 2 "Quarry Bend" you can track out and use the curb, but if you cross over the curb with the left side tyres, the LR will catch the curb funny and throw you across the track into the wall. Same with "McPhillamy Park".)
If you do find yourself tracking out too wide and crossing the curb, make sure stay off throttle when you're crossing the curb and make sure to hold the wheel straight. Don't try to cross back over the curb, just keep straddling the curb until it ends!
Scariest part is braking into the Cutting. I drag the brake a bit before the first left turn to try to settle the car, roll through the first left and then hammer the brakes for the tighter left. If you get it wrong, then the rear-brakes lock up, hence why the brake-bias is at 54%. Anywhere else, the brakes feel fine, but if I try to lower the BB, the Cutting suffers the most.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Marc, I'll be on this evening. Sorry i've been so scarce guys - work was pretty hectic for a while, but now I can really put in the hours.
And yeah, how you described handling the Cutting:
Scariest part is braking into the Cutting. I drag the brake a bit before the first left turn to try to settle the car, roll through the first left and then hammer the brakes for the tighter left. If you get it wrong, then the rear-brakes lock up, hence why the brake-bias is at 54%. Anywhere else, the brakes feel fine, but if I try to lower the BB, the Cutting suffers the most.
- is pretty much how I tackle it too.
I should be on from around 7 EST

PS. the esses scare the shit outa me as well...:(

Brainling

Hardcore
I drive The Cutting pretty much the same in the Ferrari, and it's equally terrifying when done fast and correctly. Drag the brake as you're coming around the first little left, get the car straightened out and pointing to the far corner, then get it slowed up with medium brake pressure to take the final left going up the hill. I've caught some pretty scary slides going through there when you get it just slightly wrong. It's one of the places during the race that I won't be looking for maximum pace. It's just too easy to get it wrong and bin the car.

@Fromthenavy that's all good. i'm flexible so i will find a new way to compete in the 12h ;) good luck with your race!

@Skid_Marc_ for now i'm most interested in the audi. i haven't had any seat time in the GT3-bathurst combo so i will take some time to get adjusted. i'll discuss the options with you and the rest of B2O in teamspeak. i will be there tonight and the days after for sure!

Noodleguitar

Fuel schedules for BMW 1, Audi and Porsche have been added.

Don't mind the "Target stops" entry too much. For each car I set it to 1 stint lower than the number that is calculated by driving normally, in case you could gain a lot by dropping one stint and saving a bit of fuel.

Slider

Hardcore
Tomorrow after work, I'll start practicing and setup building for our BMW. It's later than I wanted, but I'll be ready in time. @Kelley G Will you be on?

@Jes_971 I haven't ruled it out completely. just trying to get comfortable with a new car as I have very little time in the BMW. The Merc would be my first choice but there aren't enough interested in it.

I ended up doing really bad in the Majors event. I got caught up in traffic and had damage and couldn't get more than 170 mph on the straights. And then I had a cable come lose for my wheel and wasn't able to use my paddle shifters. Rather than take the chance of crashing people I decided to stop with 40 minutes left. Of course no issues with the paddle shifters since then. :-(

John

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Okay, for the Ferrari teams, I just copied the Audi times over. Our lap times are kind of all over the place, but everyone's fuel goal should be about the same at 31 laps per stint.

Updated the SCHEDULE with a basic schedule for each team. Because the race is only 12-hour, and most of us are going to be there the whole time, it is easily changed on the fly. If you're scheduled for a double-stint, but don't think you can go another hour in the car, in most cases someone else from your team will be able to jump in.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics