Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Preparation for the third event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track:

Mount Panorama Circuit
Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia
4.0 Miles (6.213 km) - 23 Turns

Date: 10-11 February 2018

Race Times:

Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST
Sunday 01:00 GMT / Saturday 20:00 EST

Race Length: 12 Hours

We are attempting to get as close, in "Registering iRating" as possible, to attempt to get multiple cars into the same split. Drivers who's names are underlined will need to register the team between 12:30-12:55 GMT (07:30-07:55 EST). If your name is not underlined and your iRating is grayed out, then please DO NOT register for the session until after the session has started. If you're unsure of who is registering on your team, be sure to join TeamSpeak early, and we'll walk everyone through registration.

Also, as we learned at Daytona, there is no reason to panic if the sessions don't launch immediately! ;)

GT3

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE - #065 (Team ID: 58669)
Registering iRating: 1778

Anson Bennette @Anson Bennette
iRating: 1778
Marc Gammack @Skid_Marc_
iRating: 2824
Sam Roselaar @Sam Roselaar
iRating: 2403

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE - #000 (Team ID: 93325)
Registering iRating: 1871

Nejtun Cameron @Nejtun
iRating: 2343
Hans Mohr @ShadniX
iRating: 1871

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE 2 (#095) (Team ID: 40248)
Registering iRating: 1795

Lucas Biron
iRating: 2817
Kelley Grant @Kelley G
iRating: 1795
Dino Topic @Slider
iRating: 3454

BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE (#95) (Team ID: 49169)
Registering iRating: 1839

Jes Colman @Jes_971
iRating: 2042
Matt Holmes @Brainling
iRating: 1635
Ken Lindberg @Duke
iRating: 2689
BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE - Lake House (#078) (Team ID: 33095)
Registering iRating: 1869

Debra Bennett @Deb
iRating: 1571
Michael Belyea @afroducks
iRating: 2557
Bedo Magardichian @Bedo
iRating: 3156
Reid Wesphal @reid
iRating: 1478

BROKE RACING TEAM (#70) (Team ID: 29132)
Registering iRating: 1853

Davey Riendeau @Fromthenavy
iRating: 2545
Stephen Morsillo
iRating: 1161

GT3 Cup

(Solo)
Noël Lüneburg @Noodleguitar

iRating: 4866
**Please read!**

Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule has an "Availability" tab!
    • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
    • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread, or on this list, does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on BSS practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

Deb

I may test the Ferrari GT3 tonight just to see how it does. Probably too slow on the straights, but it might get through the corners really well.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'll probably test both the Merc and the Ferrari and see which one I think I can last longer in around here.

Jes_971

Hardcore
I'm running the Ferrari GT3. Ran it last night and managed a 2:04 but that was completely on my limit. 2:05 - 2:06's are probably my race pace for now but that will hopefully change with more practice.

Looking for one other driver to split driving duties.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
The Ferrari is a beast around Bathurst, for sure. Ferrari Baseline was about 0.2 seconds faster than the Merc's. Audi feels REALLY good zipping around there until you finish the lap and realize your 0.6 seconds down..

Noodleguitar

The Ferrari is a beast around Bathurst, for sure. Ferrari Baseline was about 0.2 seconds faster than the Merc's. Audi feels REALLY good zipping around there until you finish the lap and realize your 0.6 seconds down..
That is why the Audi was so damn fast at Bathurst earlier, before they nerfed it.

ShadniX

Core
The official special events page lists all of the GT3s listed above, so it should be good, I think? http://www.iracing.com/specialevents/

I'll give the Porsche a test drive - just out of curiosity if I'm able to get it over the mountain on a somewhat consistent basis. If that works out as bad as I think it will, then I'm looking for a Merc team. Boring, I know...

(Also, I'd really prefer a lower split for this one than the Daytona race...)

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
There is a pretty good chance that only the Mercedes, Audi and Ferrari (IMSA GT3) are included in the GT3 class. See http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3589425.page#10875499
I'll keep an eye on it, but until iRacing confirms the change, I'm just following the Special Events page. I buy that it is a long shot for iRacing to "create a group" of GT3 cars specifically for the event, but this is also very much within iRacing's control, just like adding a 6th car.

More than likely I don't see this effecting us very much, either way, as neither the BMW or the McLaren are likely to have a team anyways.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'm running the Ferrari GT3. Ran it last night and managed a 2:04 but that was completely on my limit. 2:05 - 2:06's are probably my race pace for now but that will hopefully change with more practice.

Looking for one other driver to split driving duties.
I'll be testing both the Merc and the Ferrari. If I can put down similar lap times and be reasonably safe then I'd have no preference on which I drive. In other words I'd be happy to partner up if I can make the Ferrari work and if you'd have me.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Something about the post above won't let me add anything more to it. Maybe it's the fact that the logo is 9300 x 1496? That can't be it, can it? Maybe Photobucket down-scaled it.;):D

Anyways, "LiquiMoly" over the windshield banner and centered on the front bumper, and some cars have it centered on the rear bumper as well.

Deb

I tested the Ferrari last night and it is amazing around Bathurst!!!! I was just using baseline setup and full fuel and was more than pleasantly surprised at how well it gets around that track. Slower than the Merc on the straights but I think you can make up for it in the corners. And the Mercs seemed to be crashing out and I kept tooling around the track. Right now I am faster in the Merc but can't put down as many laps. I think I can get as fast or faster in the Ferrari and keep it on the track. So, I think for me, move me to the Ferrari first, Merc second, same for Bedo.

If anyone has a Bathurst set for the Ferrari or the Merc, please post!

Jes_971

Hardcore
I'll be testing both the Merc and the Ferrari. If I can put down similar lap times and be reasonably safe then I'd have no preference on which I drive. In other words I'd be happy to partner up if I can make the Ferrari work and if you'd have me.
Oh, I'll have you alright. We'll see what pans out.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics