[Special Event] 2021 iRacing Bathurst 1000

Preferred Time Slot

• Total voters

Jes_971

Hardcore
@Skid_Marc_ I might end up doing the Friday night Bathurst 1000 because I got something going on Saturday possibly at 1: 00. I'll be doing the V8 supercar America's race on Thursday. I'll post back here in a day or two and let you know. I'll try out the new setup too and get back to you.

@Kenadian I think the new paint looks good. I'm excited to run it.

Jes_971

Hardcore
When do tire pressures stabilize to get a hot pressure reading. Is it still 5 laps or so? Just curious.

Brainling

Hardcore
I'm going to try and make that Thursday V8 Americas race as well. I'm technically busy that night but I think I can sneak away from dinner early enough to make it.

If we want to do the Friday timeslot for the 1000 I can do that. It's 6 PM my time, so it actually would work out fine. I can log off from work an hour early, eat a meal and be ready to go.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
It's not fair that there are things I can't unread in this world.

Gonna be afk a bit late tonight, but I'm still going to put up a hosted session tonight ~10p EDT. Sorry for not being able to do anymore EDT-friendly practice. I have to go to be early tomorrow, so maybe I could put one up then, too, if there is a time that works for you. Hopefully I'll have the setup buttoned down by then!

Jes_971

Hardcore
@Skid_Marc_ I'm good from 7pm - 10 or 10:30pm EST during the week. I am for sure wanting to do the Friday night timeslot for the race as I have family stuff on Saturday. The newest set feels decent. I'm fine with it but if you still want to try some things then by all means. You know me, I just get in and drive. Are you making any ARB adjustments from the middle to end of the stint?

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@Skid_Marc_ I'm good from 7pm - 10 or 10:30pm EST during the week. I am for sure wanting to do the Friday night timeslot for the race as I have family stuff on Saturday. The newest set feels decent. I'm fine with it but if you still want to try some things then by all means. You know me, I just get in and drive. Are you making any ARB adjustments from the middle to end of the stint?
Here is where I landed tonight before a caffeine headache forced an early exit.. I'm pretty happy with it. Only saw about 0.5 seconds of fall-off with 5 laps left in the stint. Just don't understeer straight into the wall in T2 on your out-lap...

The back-end does get a bit slippery towards the end, so I whack the rear-ARB down to 2 by the end of the run.. maybe the last 8-10 laps..? But it really just depends on how hard you push it. If I'm just cruising and busting out 2:08's (either the weather was better, or the Holden is still secret-OP, we'll never fucking know...) then I don't really have anything to complain about.

Attachments

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Sounds good. I'm just taking a break for a bit, but I'll put up another hosted around then!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I have to update the livery as I noticed banding in the gradient as well as update the twitch.tv link to skid_marc_.

Other than that the colors really pop in the sunlight.

Brainling

Hardcore
Got in some good solid practice tonight.

I still feel wildly inconsistent. I'll go in to a corner and feel like I'm putting in similar inputs, on a similar line, and the replay will confirm that...but in one I make the corner smooth and go, the next I slide off the track and don't make the corner. I'm just finding it really hard to predict what this car is going to do. Still working at it, just been a bit frustrating.

Jes_971

Hardcore
The same neck/spine issues I had leading up to the Bathurst 12hr flared up again yesterday. I didn't even do anything. Woke up yesterday morning and there it was again. I wanted to practice yesterday but I just couldn't. Spent the whole day applying Tiger Balm and heating pad, taking ibuprofen and being whacked out on muscle relaxers. It actually felt worse this morning but after doing the same treatment the pain and stiffness has let up quite a bit.

I'll be doing some solo full fuel stint runs, an AI race or two, and then some official series races today. Finishing tonight off will be the Supercars of Americas race.

Are we all declared on a team yet?

Brainling

Hardcore
My plan is basically the same. Trying to get in a fuel run where I don't hit something and than the V8 Americas race tonight...

...which I might start from the pits. Doing a standing start in this thing seems terrifying.

Nejtun

Standing start is pretty simple @Brainling , try just easing the throttle down in 1st , nothing more , no revs, It used to work and I think it still does

Jes_971

Hardcore
@Brainling Figured I'd post it in case ya didn't know about it.

The line locker ("handbrake" in the "control assignments" section of the "drive" tab in the options menu) seems to help. I find my bite point in the clutch that I like and memorize the amount of bar that is shown on the pedal/steering/gear in-game read-out. Hold handbrake, position clutch pedal, somewhere around half throttle, release handbrake and feather the clutch/throttle for remaining launch.

Brainling

Hardcore
@Brainling Figured I'd post it in case ya didn't know about it.

The line locker ("handbrake" in the "control assignments" section of the "drive" tab in the options menu) seems to help. I find my bite point in the clutch that I like and memorize the amount of bar that is shown on the pedal/steering/gear in-game read-out. Hold handbrake, position clutch pedal, somewhere around half throttle, release handbrake and feather the clutch/throttle for remaining launch.
I have dual clutch paddles on both my wheels, so I'll try this with those later. I also just tend to stand on my brake pedal when doing these launches...probably because I have clutch paddles and have my brake feet free and off the clutch.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads