Teamspeak Issues

ElektroVodka

Staff member
Admin
It wasn't a permission issue. A restart wouldn't have fixed it.
I had to take the TS server process down and manually restart it and it worked.

And i am almost sure this couldn't have been a license issue as it would have just limited the amount of slots to 32.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Just wanted to update everyone on the status of the Teamspeak server. For those of you that don't know, the Band of Others Teamspeak server is back online!

Obviously, we've been having some issues with random disconnects as well as some server switching/restarting, and there has been a lot of communication behind the scenes, but sincere apologies for not keeping everyone else more updated on its status. A huge thanks is owed to @ElektroVodka and @Kenadian for their work on it, as it's been a long couple of weeks, but it finally seems to be sorted!

The B2O Teamspeak is back to the ts.bandofothersgaming.com Address, so you shouldn't need a new IP to connect!

If you do have any issues, please post them here!

Thanks for your patience!

It has been happening for about a week, so far we have found that connecting by IP instead of the server name has reduced the disconnects quite a lot, EV can clarify but apparently we are having some DNS issues.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Been fine for me! I don't know why you guys can't just stay connected... ¯\_(⌣̯̀ ⌣́)_/¯

But yeah, it's a real problem for seemingly everyone else. Mike is working on it. He said he'll be reinstalling the Server at some point this week! Big thanks @ElektroVodka . I can't imagine this being a whole lot of fun...

ElektroVodka

Staff member
Admin
For anyone using the hostname and is affected by the time-outs, try using 217.148.161.154 as host.
You might even be able to connect by only typing "B2O" in the connection field.

Let me know if this changes anything.

I've also had Ox run diagnostics on the connection and there's nothing that should lead to us being disconnected.
Therefore i think it's the TS app itself borking out.

Thanks for letting me know geezahs, and @Skid_Marc_ Nah the process ain't all that funny, but the amount of spare time i have ain't either, gotta fill it with something eh :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Regis779
Top Bottom