Arma 3 B2O Community Campaign 10/13/18

little P

Super Mod
Ok, I mean I won't be back until 11-12 so I'll see if you are all still on and will try not to get too drunk. Currently redownloading, am I right in understanding I don't need to install anything else other than vanilla Covering Fire III?

E

ElektroVodka

You are right, and by the time you're home you wouldn't be able to distinguish any sounds so don't bother downloading JSRS :p

Daunt

MLG Pro
That was a blast. Sorry I had to dip earlier than expected. Stupid family dinner... How far did you guys get? I got some great clips [magazines] of all the action and shenanigans... hopefully can put that together soon.

We should definitely do this a bit more often. Just someone take away the ability to spawn sheep on command from EV.

yeah last night was great fun. we should definitely do this more often.

maybe it's a good idea to experiment a bit between more realism and more explosions? i definitely like my realism when playing arma, however if that doesn't work out i'll be just as happy playing with 5 spawned in attack helicopters :p

Daunt

MLG Pro
maybe it's a good idea to experiment a bit between more realism and more explosions? i definitely like my realism when playing arma, however if that doesn't work out i'll be just as happy playing with 5 spawned in attack helicopters :p
I think in that case we can do other missions. There are a lot of great ones out there that include plenty of vehicular manslaughter. I have a few good ones that I can list on here that we could try.

A few spec ops missions, some that involve doing main and side missions throughout the island in order to track down high profile terrorists, etc

I personally would love to do one that involves ten of us in like five different tanks... Battling other mbts

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I just had way too much on my plate.

The Forum has been under my skin for a very long time now and I just wanted to pull the trigger on it and get it rolling.

Coro_yy

Casual
Oh boy. No wonder I rarely got any answers while playing or got talked over. My mic volume on TS seems to be disgustingly low :D You might want to raise my volume on your end (because mine is fine everywhere else and I don't want to boost it further).

E

ElektroVodka

I've set the mission up on a dedi server and had the host disable auto restarts.

Server can be found under the "unit" tab in the launcher.
And by filtering for "Bandofothersgaming.com"

There's 2 mods running which are required upon joining.
Those are CBA_A3 and Task Force Arrowhead radio. (Needs a ts plugin aswel which comes with the mod download)

Any clientside mod is allowed as i disabled signature verification.

I myself am currently using JSRS and Blastcore.

Coro_yy

Casual
You can download TFR via the Steam Workshop or over at http://radio.task-force.ru/en/
The mod folder also includes the Teamspeak AddOn that needs to be installed. For those who have no clue how this mod now actually works, here's a quick guide.

--

We all have to be in the same TS channel. Once you connect to the server, the TS Plugin activates itself. From now on you're not able to talk ingame anymore without either being in close proximity to someone or use the radio. You're also not able to talk to each other 'just like this' in TS anymore, as long as you're on the server.

By default, everyone should have the AN/PRC-152 radio equipped (if not, get it). That is a short wave (SW) radio that has a range of up to 5km. Every vehicle in the game also has a long range (LR) radio that goes up to 20km. There are also mobile LR radios that are backpacks. Every radio has a variety of channels with different frequencies. Same frequency = you can talk to each other (duh).

CTRL + P brings up the SW radio. You can manually change frequencies there. Keep in mind to click the Enter button on the radio to confirm the change.
ALT + P does the same for the LR radio.
CAPS LOCK lets you talk over SW.
CTRL + CAPS LOCK lets you talk over LR.

If you're close to each other, proximity voice chat will kick in. If you've ever played GTA5 RP, you should know how that works.

If you want another overview over all the keys, open your map ingame, go to Radio in the top left, click controls and there you have it.

--

Elektro also installed the following mods for a bigger arsenal of weapons and vehicles: RHSUSAF, RHSAFRF.

Last edited:

Daunt

MLG Pro
Thanks for the rundown Coro. Is proximity voice chat still PTT or is that just radio? I love the idea though.

And my bad on your comms. I do need to adjust a few people. Next time.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads