B2O VFA-69 "Macaques" - DCS Blueflag

Daunt

MLG Pro
Hi All,

I'm looking to "formally" organize a B2OFW - the Band of Others Fighter Wing - a fighter wing dedicated to DCS blueflag.

For those that do not know what blueflag is, it's a multiplayer dynamic campaign played over several days or weeks, against AI or other players. Players take sides and work together to destroy, capture and/or disrupt enemy assets (airfields, bases, etc). The basic premise is to have fighters clearing out enemy fighters and keeping them out. Then attackers clear out the defensive units and logistics run in troops and supplies to capture and repair the facility.

This means that you can do a number of different tasks, like commanding ground forces and AWACS, or deliver troops with helicopters (helis are extremely important as they are needed to capture), as well as BARCAPs and delivering ground strikes in those shiny jets.

Basic Guide of how and what to for blueflag can be found here: https://forums.mudspike.com/t/dcs-blue-flag-a-how-to-what-to-and-questions-thread/6191

Here's a link to the campaign site, which tracks kills, performance, campaign status, map, and more: http://gadget.buddyspike.net/ (note that you must select the map at the top left)

Short hype video in case someone doesn't want to read lol:

I plan on getting into it next early next month and use the time before then to train a little bit more. Give us some time to work some stuff and try some coordinated strikes, etc.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Command Structure & Roles/Capabilities/Aircraft
Colonel:
Lt. Colonel:
Captain (Flight Lead):
Captain (Flight Lead):
Lieutenant:
Lieutenant:
Lieutenant:

E

ElektroVodka

I am in! Not sure what plane tho, but i guess it will be the F14 and perhaps the Blackshark if @Nejtun is able to get me going in that thing.

Daunt

MLG Pro
it's meant as a list to keep track of what everyone can do. Logistics, etc if possible to mission plan if we need.

The way the server works is you get X amount of lives per plane for a given period, usually a few hours or so. So you can't keep flying just one jet and dying and respawning.

little P

Super Mod
Hmm... this sounds interesting! Obviously I'm down to fly the F-14 when that gets released.

Can I participate in a Spitfire? lol

Oh and obviously the B2O mascot clearly has to be the spraypaint from our B2O community TF2 days...

Inspired by this;

Staring-at-pic.png
Here is the new, Top Gun themed B2O version in all her glory, ready to be emblazoned on our squadron to motivate our brave pilots;

Untitled.jpg

Daunt

MLG Pro
Hahaha that's great. Danger zone no doubt.

There are logistics roles for the T-51... that's as close as you'll get lol.

Otherwise there is a concurrent campaign for Normandy/WWII but it isn't nearly as popular as the Caucasus.

E

ElektroVodka

Hmm... this sounds interesting! Obviously I'm down to fly the F-14 when that gets released.

Can I participate in a Spitfire? lol

Oh and obviously the B2O mascot clearly has to be the spraypaint from our B2O community TF2 days...

Inspired by this;

View attachment 4347Here is the new, Top Gun themed B2O version in all her glory, ready to be emblazoned on our squadron to motivate our brave pilots;

View attachment 4348
Why is Kermit wearing a black mask?

little P

Super Mod
Daunt there is no way any of us could understand wtf is going on in there surely. These guys sound like bloody real pilots!

Well, I know I wouldn't know wtf was going on. Looks bloody fun though

Daunt

MLG Pro
Daunt there is no way any of us could understand wtf is going on in there surely. These guys sound like bloody real pilots!
It's american english so I understand your confusion.

Jk. lol. We'll get there. All of us are pretty green so we'll all take it slowly. That's why we'll train on Nejtun's server for the time being and get used to doing some coordinated flights, etc. :)

little P

Super Mod
Sounds good mate, looking forward to it! Any particular night you are planning to do it or just as and when

Daunt

MLG Pro
Sounds good mate, looking forward to it! Any particular night you are planning to do it or just as and when
In a few weeks. I'm out of town next week and I want us all to get in a good amount of training, maybe do some stuff one weekend all together. We need that Tomcat :)

Kinger

Core

Well, I know I wouldn't know wtf was going on. Looks bloody fun though
The more you play and watch streams of the title the more you understand the lingo. For example.......

Magic = AWACS
352 for 20 - Target (bandit) is at compass heading 352 at 20 miles away
BRA - (No not that one you cheeky monkey..............) Bearing Range Altitude of the target
Angels 17 - 17,000 feet high
CAP - Combat Air Patrol
Hot - Bandit coming towards you
Cold - Bandit moving away from you
Fox 1- Semi active radar missile
Fox 2 - IR missile
Fox 3 - Self guided radar missile
Winchester - Empty of weapons

Brainling

Hardcore
*pushes his nerd glasses up* Technically Fox 3 is Active Radar Guided missile Kinger, which still needs to be supported by the firing aircraft's radar until it goes "pitbull", at which time it activates it's active seeker head. If you fire a Fox 3 that immediately goes seeker active that is a "maddog" shot. Technically right: The best kind of right.

Couple of other random breviaries you'll hear:

Dakota - Out of A2G ordinance
Arizona - Out of anti-radiation missiles
Spike X - An RWR ping from an enemy aircraft. X is the type of radar, e.g. "spike 29". Generally given with a clock direction, "spike 29, 1'oclock"
Mud X - Where X is a radar type. Indicates a track/search from a SAM, e.g. "Mud 3, 12 o'clock"
Singer X - Launch of SAM type X, e.g. "singer 3". Generally combined with a "BREAK" call if someone is in immediate danger, e.g. "Singer 3, break left"
Raygun - Calling out for any friendlies currently locked by a friendly radar to respond "buddyspike". Generally this is best used with a bullseye, e.g. "raygun 256, 20". If a friendly is being lit up and is near 256 for 20, they will call "buddy spike 256, 20".
Buddy Spike/Buddy Lock - See above. Usually said with a bullseye to be precise.
Miller time - Knock the entire package off and go home, generally called on mission success
Chicks - Friendly aircraft, generally in reference to a supported aircraft. E.g. tankers call the fighters tanking "chicks".
Commit - Called with a direction and target, generally on package comms to indicate you are committing on a group. E.g. "Python 1, commit, four ship Mig 29,. 256 for 20"
Drag - Drag enemy air assets in to other friendly fighters or friendly integrated air defenses.
Crank - The F-Pole maneuver. Use in BVR combat, especially with Fox-3's. Implies putting the illuminated target on your extreme radar gimbal to keep a lock, but be in position to beam enemy missiles.
Notch - Put an enemy aircraft or missile in the doppler notch, e.g. on the beam.
Gate - Proceed as fast as possible, using afterburner
Buster - Military power (fastest non-afterburner)
Fence In - Master arm on, check fuel state, arm laser if applicable, arm any weapons, exterior lights off
Fence Out - Safe up, master arm off, check fuel state, exterior lights on
Joker - Initial fuel state warning, before absolute point of no return
Bingo - Point of no return fuel, must turn for home immediately
Marking - Indicate someone is contrailing
Naked - No RWR contacts
No Joy - No VISUAL contact of indicated target/landmark
Tally - VISUAL contact of indicated target/landmark
Bogey - Contact on an UNKNOWN aircraft
Hostile - Contact on a KNOWN HOSTILE aircraft

There are many many more, pages, but these are ones I use pretty regularly when flying in large organized groups.

Last edited:

little P

Super Mod
Alright, I'm hopeless compared to Brainling and Kinger (and the dog in the corner) so i'll just take the position of janitor and let you fly boys do all the killin'

Kinger

Core
Thanks for the clarification on the Fox 3 Matt and if there are any doubts as to Brainling's knowledge on this subject, I leave you his quote on another thread......

The Viper is an immediate purchase for me. I have almost 1000 hours of seat time in the F-16 in BMS. It's like a second home.
I can't even hold a candle to that level of dedication and I'm still woefully ineffective at anything I fly in DCS :) Hmmm sounds very reminiscent of any title I play actually.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads