Conan exiles planning thread

Dave301

Casual
Yea was quite eventful for you 3 :) and pretty sad for vodka. :(

I bulit one little base next to the big spider cave. Main purpose for getting us silk. It has a furnace(iron bars), carpenter(arrows), house with a level 3 dancer etc. I'd really like to clear that cave including mama spider this week? Anyone up for the task? Would inclue getting armor, hyrkanian bows, arrows, healing(aloe or ambrosia), tridents on every member thats going to join.
At the entrance of the side cave (rivers camp) I started builing on top of the high pillar. Looks a little bit awkward at the moment (don't hit hit me Duke:) I'm going to figure out how it looks/works best, hopefully this week, if not I'm gonna dismantle it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I actually watched through a good portion of our antics last night lol. There was a lot of hilarious stuff that happened but what can you expect when you're following a guy who's completely lost and blind to all the agro he's causing from every possible direction :p

I'm still amazed that only you got killed P.

"Run like a Panther on fire" rofl.

little P

Super Mod
Yea was quite eventful for you 3 :) and pretty sad for vodka. :(

I bulit one little base next to the big spider cave. Main purpose for getting us silk. It has a furnace(iron bars), carpenter(arrows), house with a level 3 dancer etc. I'd really like to clear that cave including mama spider this week? Anyone up for the task? Would inclue getting armor, hyrkanian bows, arrows, healing(aloe or ambrosia), tridents on every member thats going to join.
At the entrance of the side cave (rivers camp) I started builing on top of the high pillar. Looks a little bit awkward at the moment (don't hit hit me Duke:) I'm going to figure out how it looks/works best, hopefully this week, if not I'm gonna dismantle it.
Thanks miaenemydave!

That sounds like a great idea, and even though I still haven't got the stains outta my leather pants after the mama spider spawned right on top of me after the "I think you have to drag a thrall into that circle and it will spawn" fiasco I'm still up for clearing the cave. I think we should have a minimum of three for sure though, ideally more?

If not then we can just run out of there as we did before like panthers on fire (lol Duke)

p.s. I had the weirdest dreams last night.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'd be up for the Spider battle but cannot do it until next weekend given I'm on the opposite side of the world from you all.

Shilka

Hardcore
JFYI , I started work on the storage, please do not add to, change, or place stuff there until it's completely finished. It will be a while until it's finished, as it needs many thousands of materials to build (just 2400 branches for the signs alone for example). If you see storage units with a sign above it stating what to store, feel free to put it in storage then, but other then that, do not dump stuff in random storage units there :p Thank you :)

Dave301

Casual
For tomorrow my plan is to get some silk and get a quick peek of the main base. Then it's back to building either north or next to spider cave. We still need blacksmith and alchemists for north camp and main base.

E

ElektroVodka

Mainbase has a lvl3 Blacksmith, north has nothing but a carpenter at the moment.

Shilka

Hardcore
Thanks Duke!

Exterior of the storage is now finished, still working on making all signs and more lights.

Could use someone to make up to 120 cupboards, as I can't make them. There's 4500+ wood in the cupboards in the lower floor of the main building and 900+ iron reinforcements in the blacksmiths bench, that should be enough to make them, although I might not need a full implement of 120 cupboards. I first need to finish making and writing all signs before I exactly know how many I will need at least :) Will let you know here. (If you'd like to make 120 anyway that is cool too)

If cupboards stack, please put them in the single crate that is in the storage.
If not, you can place them, please 1 per wall section and only underneath a sign. Each of 4 hallways should have 30 cupboards, 15 per side, in groups of 5.

little P

Super Mod
I'm up for supplying cupboards. Next time I'm on I'll get on it! I've got the ability to make them and enjoy stuff like that :) Looking forward to seeing the building later Shilka :) Thanks for the renewal Duke! Can we contribute please? I'm happy to chip in for the costs, I don't want you to have to pay for it by yourself.

Shilka

Hardcore
Actually, the storage in the main base is finished! (lower floor of the main building is empty and ready for adaptation as you like duke :) )

Anyone feel free to familiarize yourself with the storage. It's basically divided into 4 corridors:
  1. crude materials (as you find/mine them)
  2. wood/stone, and half fabricates (stuff you make but isn't end product like brick, etc)
  3. armor, ammo, weapons, tools and food
  4. building stuff (exterior, interior)

• Feel free to store all your excess materials here.
  • Please feel free to take some time to mine some crude materials for general use when you're bored.
  • Please make some time to make stuff you're specialized in making and store it for others to take.
  • Try to put at least as much materials in as you take out (over time) in general.
  • If you have stuff but don't know where to put it, there's a small crate near the connecting hallway to the main building, put it there and I'll sort it (but don't dump all your stuff there by default please)
  • If a storage for crude materials is almost full, see if you can process it at a crafting station or make half fabricates or end products out of some of the material and store those
  • a small tip, the corridors are quite narrow, it's easier to read the signs in first person

I hope you like the storage, enjoy :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Thanks @Shilka

I started placing pillars on the weekend but would actually like to get on with you Shilka and discuss possibilities. You are the building guru, I just have a vision of what I want in broad strokes.

E

ElektroVodka

I've went ahead and made the cupboards as i died and had now bedroll in the north :/
Anyway, went back north from our main naked and got there untouched in 5 mins lol

E

ElektroVodka

Actually, the storage in the main base is finished! (lower floor of the main building is empty and ready for adaptation as you like duke :) )

Anyone feel free to familiarize yourself with the storage. It's basically divided into 4 corridors:
  1. crude materials (as you find/mine them)
  2. wood/stone, and half fabricates (stuff you make but isn't end product like brick, etc)
  3. armor, ammo, weapons, tools and food
  4. building stuff (exterior, interior)

• Feel free to store all your excess materials here.
  • Please feel free to take some time to mine some crude materials for general use when you're bored.
  • Please make some time to make stuff you're specialized in making and store it for others to take.
  • Try to put at least as much materials in as you take out (over time) in general.
  • If you have stuff but don't know where to put it, there's a small crate near the connecting hallway to the main building, put it there and I'll sort it (but don't dump all your stuff there by default please)
  • If a storage for crude materials is almost full, see if you can process it at a crafting station or make half fabricates or end products out of some of the material and store those
  • a small tip, the corridors are quite narrow, it's easier to read the signs in first person

I hope you like the storage, enjoy :)
This also goes for the smaller storage up north :)

Shilka

Hardcore
Thanks again Electro for standing around naked for an hour to make all those cupboards (and thanks for the offer P) :D

Duke, I will have to see when I have time this weekend because birthday, but sounds like a plan. I did make a double doorway towards the storage in the middle of the back wall, but thanks to your extra pillars, nothing collapsed when I tore the walls down to make room for the corridor XD It's something extra for you to work around though, although the small back door in the corner can be converted into a regular wall again, since there are two entrances in the corridor that connect the storage to the main building.

I hope you'll like the storage, it kind of more then doubled the footprint of the main base. The flat roof is accessible from the main building balcony, and since the storage has a lot of inner walls going on, it should be suitable for any upward expansion if we'd need the room.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It's ok @Shilka because I did most of it tonight. I haven't checked everywhere but I think the lowest strength I've come across is 80.

I also made a lot of changes to the exterior perimeter around the main complex but sadly had to remove the Wheel of Pain to do it, sorry.

I put all the stuff I could from the Wheel of Pain in one of the Wardrobes where the furnaces are.

I still need to go through the bedrooms but so far it's a massive improvement from where it was.

...and wow Shilka, you're awesome! The only thing of yours I had to tear into a bit was the stairs leading into the water. I needed to add another strip of foundation there so I could add pillars under all the balcony area above.

Shilka

Hardcore
Quite an improvement then Duke, when we checked some pieces were down to 20 %, so it's become a lot stronger! I'll try to check shortly on what you've done to the place :) For the time being I'll just work on mining and chopping and start filling some of those cupboards up with materials to slowly get my levels up :)

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads