iRacing Le Mans Series Solo and Endurance

Deb

Yes, that works for me. Bedo is driving too and he needs to drive after Matt, so Sam, you and I can drive later in the race and switch off.

Brainling

Hardcore
@Deb Are you going to be here for the start of the race? If not you need to make me an admin in B2O Fusion so I can actually register the team.

Deb

I'll log on to TS and iRacing around 1:30 central so will be there. But I'll go ahead and make everyone admins. We can decide who wants to qualify. I think Sam and Bedo are fastest so might make sense to have one of them qualify. Also, on the set up if you drop both front rebounds to 3, that helps the understeer some.

I hope our guys and girl doing good in race!!
Jesus guys Im so tired,how,why?I started 6h race in LMP in pits,lost 1 minute lol lol Did Not expected to be that much,anyway I started in pit and 1:20h to the end I retired,I just couldn't anymore,so tired lol
Starting from pit I was able to get P8 when I retired,I'm so sad I couldn't finish just because me,feeling,I would be DQ anyway but just that feeling when you finish the race.... :(
And I noticed I'm to polite in traffic,man,some guys in top split just don't care,they just go....heh,maybe I should be more agressive

Deb,Bedo write how it was for you guys,I hope good!

We kept saying every time you passed us, "it's good to know we can trust denis won't do anything stupid" it felt good that we could at least trust 1 LMP1 driver ;)
Keep driving safe and you will finish more races undamaged!

We started second-to-last (19th) after an unlucky qualifying. We were very surprised to see we made the top split, none of us expected that. Good start and consistent driving by @Brainling At some point we started executing a risky fuel strategy. We were keeping track of fuel per lap used and everything. It probably doesn't sound that exciting but it really was, and it was a lot of fun too.
After 2 great stints by @Bedo where we were fast and saved a lot of fuel we realised our strategy wasn't going to work :(
We kept driving, once again very consistently, and finished 12th.

Overall a great race and we learned so much! Definitely some great preparation for the 24h of Le Mans.
Great performance by everyone and i would love to race with you guys again soon!
@Brainling @Deb @Bedo

Brainling

Hardcore
I definitely wasn't expecting to be in top split, but I think it worked out fine. Was interesting to drive with drivers that fast but I never felt completely overwhelmed with it. A few crazy LMP1's and HPD's, but it happens.

Deb

Denis, we kept seeing you, and were laughing about your "wave" to us when you'd pass :D Then we saw your car was in the pits, we wondered what happen. As fast as the pace was for the LMP1s, I bet that was really hard. You did exceptional, particularly given your starting point.

We ended up with 4 drivers due to different time constraints and it was really fun! First time for me in the top split but was able to put down some decent times.

Like Sam said, we spent quite a bit of time trying to work out a fuel strategy to save us a pit stop, but that didn't work out. It was fun thinking it through and seeing the way the fuel map modes work, but it ended up you had to drive so slow to save enough fuel that you would lose more time than the pit stop. In a longer race, I think you could make it work, like on map 2, 3 or 4, but 8 no way, way too slow. It was fun learning about it though, I have not used the fuel maps before.

Like Sam said, we started 19th and finished 12th, kept the car pretty clean the whole race, a few very small incidents and minor off track adventures, but all in all a really good race.

I agree @Sam Roselaar, we need do this again :) Very fun!

Hehe yeah pace was insane,maybe that's why I was so tired.
I had few strategy options but how I was alone I couldn't figure out what is the best strategy,I missed Noel :)
Im happy you guys had good race!!

JRT added few fuel options what can be useful I think

refuel_min [pro] : minimum amount of fuel to add in the next pit stop to avoid an additionnal pit stop
refuel_avg [pro] : amount of fuel to add in the next pit stop if you want to do equal stints to finish the race
refuel_avg_now [pro] : amount of fuel to add in the next pit stop if you want to do equal stints to finish the race in case that you pit immediately

Noodleguitar

Like Sam said, we spent quite a bit of time trying to work out a fuel strategy to save us a pit stop, but that didn't work out. It was fun thinking it through and seeing the way the fuel map modes work, but it ended up you had to drive so slow to save enough fuel that you would lose more time than the pit stop. In a longer race, I think you could make it work, like on map 2, 3 or 4, but 8 no way, way too slow. It was fun learning about it though, I have not used the fuel maps before.
In many GT cars, the fuel maps are actually not worth using because they hurt acceleration/top speed. By lifting before corners and braking later you can often save the same amount of fuel while hurting lap times significantly less.

Depends how much you guys needed but here is example how you should do it without loosing to much of the laptime if any
On some track Im actualy faster when fuel saving,weird but true.Happened to VRS in prototype when they posted setup for LeMans 24h,they posted 2 laptimes,1 fuel saving and the other normal lap,fuel saving lap was faster :)
Here is one video just to have idea how to

Reactions: Deb
Oh lol like somebody on iracing forum read this.Somebody posted video I was talking about on forum haha :)
I was wrong,fuel saving lap was almost identical to push lap,look,here is video,good watch I must say.
Also I noticed more serious teams or fast guys are doing this every longer race,even in sprint race.
I noticed this when I raced against ETA cars.You can see how cca 20 meters before corner car slows down a little so its good to learn this
Here is video

Deb

Hahaha :) I was forwarding through that video trying to see where the discussion on fuel saving was, nice driving though!

So, is this more effective in the prototypes or would you say for the GT cars as well?

I would say its easier in prototype but you can do it in GT car also, just distance when you lift will be shorter because you are not going that fast as a prototype.If you check the first video you will see, guys are doing that very often, probably they don't even think about how to do it :)
Of course depends on strategy, if you don't need to save you don't save but I think if you have Noel in the team and learn this you are golden :)

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics