Real Life Racing / News Thread

Deb

The Hankook 24 Hours of COTA starts today. AMG has the top 3 grid positions for GT3 and pole for GT4. Should be a good race. There is a live stream here:

It is not a straight 24 hour race but divided in two segments. @Kenadian, wouldn't you love to do 24 Hours of COTA :p

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I read this and a few other articles and it appears amicable, just Blancpain not renewing the partnership.

Apparently they've not ruled out future partnerships but whom that can be and when is anyone's best guess at this point.

Deb

A pretty interesting video on what it costs to race IRL:

Great Technics collection in the background too :)

Jes_971

Hardcore
A heads up about IMSA coverage for those of us in the United States. NBC Sports Gold has a new "Track Pass" subscription this year. There is a "All-Access" plan that you can choose or you can subscribe to anyone of the three single plans.

All races with be available to watch live and will be available for on-demand replay.

Overview:

IMSA plan - IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship, IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, IMSA Prototype Challenge, IMSA Porsche GT3 Challenge TBD - $19.99/year or $2.99/month

All-Access covers - American Flat Track, ARCA, Whelen Modifieds, IMSA, NASCAR, and NASCARS Pinty's - $44.99/year or $4.99/month

NASCAR Roots plan - NASCAR, ARCA, Whelen Mods, Pinty's - $19.99/year or $2.99/month

American Flat Track plan - American Flat Track - $10.99/year or $1.99/month

Last edited:

Jes_971

Hardcore
Great field of 51 cars for the BMW Endurance Challenge today. Hopefully they do something so the entries increase for the 24 next year. Car count has decreased every year for the last couple.

Last edited:

Jes_971

Hardcore
Watched this live today on WRC+ and almost shit myself when it happened. Ott Tanak likes to run his ride height pretty low. Today it bit him.
Driver and co-driver were unharmed in the accident.

little P

Super Mod
Oh man that WRC accident... amazing how they can have these accidents and walk away unharmed. I'd imagine a change of underwear would be necessary though

Brainling

Hardcore
Wow. That's incredible. I think even ten years ago that might be both driver and co-driver dead. The engineering for safety that's put in to these cars is amazing.

Reactions: Deb

Jes_971

Hardcore
I made a "Daytona 24 Watch Party" channel on TS if anyone is watching it. If you want to chat on Discord instead just let me know.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics