[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Sebring 12 Hour

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@Skid_Marc_ I took a quick look at iRatings and we have 2 options for GTE teams:

A: @Nejtun , @Brainling , @LoucMachine and @Fromthenavy register their respective teams, but that nets about 130-150 point difference between each

B: @LoucMachine , @Fromthenavy and myself register our respective teams and have 36 point difference, but that leaves other Ferrari team for itself.
I would recommend the first one, as it is the best shot you've got of getting all three teams together, and I think that would keep the teams pretty competitive as well, even if they do get split up, but ultimately it is up to you guys!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Added schedules for most of the teams. The Ford schedule works out the best, the final stint is about 20L shorter than the others, but that shouldn't be an issue, as you should still be able to change tyres in that time. @Slider @Bedo @Fromthenavy

The Ferrari is a little weirder. Last stop only requires 38L. If you split that up over the last two stints, it is 63L per stop. Someone may want to test whether you can take tyres during a 63L stop to determine if it is worth it, or if it would be better to take the 38L at the end.
or
The Ferrari teams could run the distributed fuel schedule, which cuts a 1-2 laps off of each stint, spreading that out over the course of the race.
@Nejtun @ShadniX @LoucMachine @Brainling @reid

@Noodleguitar and @SavreticD I don't know what you guys have talked about already, but I went ahead and threw a schedule together anyways. Looks like either single stints for each of you at the start, or triple stints for each of you, if Noël wants the majority of the 18:00-20:00 out of the car.

So can someone post whatever Ferrari set people are using? If it's the Craig set, expect me to make changes to it. I normally hate the way his sets drive. Otherwise I'm taking a modified VRS set and sticking it in the car tomorrow morning. @LoucMachine @reid we should probably get together tonight and finalize this and make sure everyone puts in at least some laps on whatever set we choose.

(Sorry for the late confusion on this guys, obviously we don't normally solidify the teams so late)

So can someone post whatever Ferrari set people are using? If it's the Craig set, expect me to make changes to it. I normally hate the way his sets drive. Otherwise I'm taking a modified VRS set and sticking it in the car tomorrow morning. @LoucMachine @reid we should probably get together tonight and finalize this and make sure everyone puts in at least some laps on whatever set we choose.

(Sorry for the late confusion on this guys, obviously we don't normally solidify the teams so late)
OK, let me know when, i have a busy social life ;). I have been using the VRS set with 1 click on the front ride height to pass inspection. I'm available today from 4-6 EST, maybe later.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
The first session I put up was missing the C7? *squeezes head between my fist* Don't ask.... IDFK how... but there is a new one going up now...

Nice paints on the Vette and Ford!
I will be joining the practice in about 15 minutes, a few more laps can't hurt ;)

Unless anyone has any objections I would like to go with the registration suggestion (thanks Dino and Marc)
So i will register our team @Fromthenavy should register the Ford and @LoucMachine should register the other Ferrari with @Brainling

Fingers crossed it works out and don't forget to qualify!!

A: @Nejtun , @Brainling , @LoucMachine and @Fromthenavy register their respective teams, but that nets about 130-150 point difference between each
I also agree we should do this.

@Brainling if you want to sleep (sorry, I didn't realize it's that early), someone else could log into your account and register you.

@Skid_Marc_ you're the only one able to upload paints for the teams you made (Lake House, etc). Would you be able to do that? Pls :p

Last edited:
Nah, I get up that early for every endurance race. I would be up anyway, I don't miss the start of our races. I just like to grumble and act salty about it.

Top Bottom