All in all, you're just another car in the wall

We don't need no tech inspection,
We don't need no race control,
There's coolant running down the mountain,
My car is sliding, loss of control

Hey! Lapped car! Get out of the road.

All in all, it's just a-nother car in the wall
All in all, we're just a-nother car in our stall

Now we just need to hire @Jes_971 to sing it all race.

Deb

We can switch to the Ferrari if no one else wants to drive the Merc if someone else wants to drive the Ferrari, but need to know soon to get the practice in.

Or we can switch to the sponsor system. $10 iRacing credits for first two drivers to switch to our Merc team!
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallers!

Deb

Okay, so I posted for drivers in the iRacing Special Events Bathurst Drivers Needed Thread and posted the link to the website. Let's see if that generates some interest :) Maybe help out for league as well.

In case that doesn't work, perhaps we could both drive a couple of stints on one of the other teams. I am okay with driving just 2 stints and Bedo's schedule is usually limited, so I guess that could be an option, put one of us on the Ferrari and one on the BMW or Audi just for a couple of stints.

Last edited:
Nobodies leaving anyone hanging, we just don't have the same Driver pool we had last year.
I knew I can count on you Ken! You're the best other of the entire band.

I ended up crashing the Mercedes, so I no longer have a car to drive. Is there room for a stint or two in your team?

I'm happy to drive anything provided that I can change the setup right before the green flag drops.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
We're down to the final week of practice, so really need to see everyone who is participating in this event practicing over the next couple days! If you're not available for Practice Pals, post when you're available to drive so that teams can get some practice in with your team mates!

Just gotta make sure everyone is on the same page with setups, and gets as much help and practice this week as possible! If you're struggling with something on the track, or in the handling of the car, don't hesitate to ask!

Hey Marc, I can drive the Audi with you guys if you want me. You can drop me into 1 or 2 stints toward the end. I filled in my time slots. I'll practice tomorrow with your set.

I want to apologize to my teammates. Sometimes I get too caught up in having fun and lose focus on what I should be doing. I know in the end this is about having fun because if we're not having in what we're doing then why the hell are we doing it. I always have fun in iRacing and hanging out with you all. Even if what comes out of my mouth may lead some to believe I'm not having fun. I was in a weird mood last night. Sometimes I get to caught up in the moment and lose focus on what I should be doing. All I was trying to do last night was hot lap which is what I shouldn't have been doing. I should've been focusing on putting full stints together whilst feeling the car out. It was my mistake that lead me to drive a setup that we weren't going to be driving. What lead to that mistake was not getting clarification on which setup we planned on starting to practice with. Another mistake of mine was not taking the time to get up to speed/comfortable with a different setup before I started criticising it. The above is written for the want of truth and transparency from myself to this community that I love and respect immensely. I made some mistakes that while might not have been a big deal to some of you, were decisions/actions that I didn't like it and didn't sit well with myself. All of that aside, I'm positively excited to get the rest of the preparation for the event underway with you all. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being who you are.

Nothing you said even registered as weird to me Jes. Bathurst is a monster, it can get to you at times when things aren't going right. You're hilarious, keep on being yourself and making me almost die laughing.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I want to apologize to my teammates. Sometimes I get too caught up in having fun and lose focus on what I should be doing. I know in the end this is about having fun because if we're not having in what we're doing then why the hell are we doing it. I always have fun in iRacing and hanging out with you all. Even if what comes out of my mouth may lead some to believe I'm not having fun. I was in a weird mood last night. Sometimes I get to caught up in the moment and lose focus on what I should be doing. All I was trying to do last night was hot lap which is what I shouldn't have been doing. I should've been focusing on putting full stints together whilst feeling the car out. It was my mistake that lead me to drive a setup that we weren't going to be driving. What lead to that mistake was not getting clarification on which setup we planned on starting to practice with. Another mistake of mine was not taking the time to get up to speed/comfortable with a different setup before I started criticising it. The above is written for the want of truth and transparency from myself to this community that I love and respect immensely. I made some mistakes that while might not have been a big deal to some of you, were decisions/actions that I didn't like it and didn't sit well with myself. All of that aside, I'm positively excited to get the rest of the preparation for the event underway with you all. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being who you are.
@Jes_971, you really need to understand something, nobody here really listens to you lol.

You're a terrific guy and one I am proud to call a friend but let's face it, you have the intelligence quotient of wood.

...and I'm not talking about the useful wood that leads to babies, I'm talking about cheap fucking plywood on a good day.

Actually I'm with @Brainling on this one, I didn't pick up on anything except maybe you were slightly weirder than normal at this time of day. I usually expect what I heard last night 18+ hours into a 24 hr where we're all exhausted but you whipped it out early last night lol.

It's all good though. Personally I think you need to hotlap for the first while to understand where the trouble spots are. It also helps to understand how the car is working/not working so any feedback is crucial prior to the event.

I tried the one setup change and personally think the car is slightly more drivable than it was prior. Like you I've been pushing as hard as possible and got within a few tenths of cracking into 2:01's last night because of it.

Having said that, last night was apparently cooler so we need to drive it in hot weather to truly see how it works.

Remember, this is about creating a setup that all are comfortable in and that ALWAYS means compromise. It makes nobody wrong and nobody right in the process, it just is what it is and it's ALWAYS in the best interests of the Team.

So in closing, it's all good buddy.

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention that it would be a good idea if we had the setup from the previous years event uploaded to the site so everyone is starting on the same page. With all the testing and different versions of setups I forget to delete ones that we don't end up using. I guess we could just make sure we rename the one we use for the race as "Event Final" or some such. This is just a personal problem that I'm trying to solve due to my lack of "housekeeping" with my files.

Remember, this is about creating a setup that all are comfortable in and that ALWAYS means compromise. It makes nobody wrong and nobody right in the process, it just is what it is and it's ALWAYS in the best interests of the Team.
I've understood that from day one but that's precisely why I wasn't happy with myself. I suggested a setup change before I gave myself proper time to actually test the setup that everyone was using. I don't think I put more than 5-7 consecutive laps together before crashing last night due to focusing on putting down the fastest lap time. That is not how you properly test a setup and get to know it. Yes, you want to do some hot lapping and find the boundaries. That was not what I was doing last night. I was throwing it around and praying not to die, basically. I guess this has been more of an internal/mental thing for me and I'm just trying to exercise the bad by writing it out. I'm just glad you guys are here to help me do that and to listen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Count_Riculo
Top Bottom