Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Track: Daytona International Raceway - Road Course - 3.56 Miles (5.729 km) - 12 Turns
Date: 17-19 January, 2018
Race Times:
Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST
Race Length: 24 Hours

Its time for Endurance season to start over again, and we only have two weeks until the season kicks off at Daytona!

Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
Chevrolet Corvette C7 DP.png

Team: Band of Others Endurance #95 | Team ID: 49169
Debra Bennett @Deb - 1732
Nejtun Cameron @Nejtun - 2503
Marc Gammack @Skid_Marc_ - 2032
Kelley Grant @Kelley G - 1638
Matthew A Holmes @Brainling - 2000
Ken Lindberg @Kenadian - 2559
Nöel Lüneburg @Noodleguitar - 4916
BMW M8 GTE
GTE BMW M8.png

Ferrari 488 GTE
GTE Ferrari 488.png

Ford GT - 2017
GTE Ford GT.png

Porsche 911 RSR
GTE Porsche 911 RSR.png

Audi R8 LMS
GT3 Audi R8 LMS.png

Mercedes AMG GT3
GT3 Mercedes AMG.png

**Please read!**
Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule now has an "Availability" tab!
  • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
  • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! From 2017-19, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Nejtun

I am in for this one! Fairly easy on the car at the moment, Probably the C7 though as long as I can lap at a pace fast enough to not be tripping over the fastest GTE (they are pretty close!) thanks for putting this up @Skid_Marc_

Deb

I'm in too :) I can be flexible, kind of leaning toward the DP as something new to learn on this track, but the BMW GTE is a good option too.

As always, thanks for putting this thread up @Skid_Marc_ !!!!

Kelley G

Casual
Hoping to make it out for this. C7 is my preference. Also comfortable in most GTE's.

As always my work schedule will dictate for sure.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@Deb Couldn't get the lap recorded properly, and I didn't save the replay... I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow night, sorry.

Noodleguitar

I will probably also join this event. Tried some laps yesterday in the BMW M8 (for the first time). I quite like the car, it felt a bit sensitive on the throttle and brakes but that was probably mostly due to the hot weather in the session. Started with tire pressures around 115 kPa but that led to orange tire temp displays on the dashboard, which I'm told happens if the pressures are too low. How does the straight line speed of the M8 compare to the Ferrari?

I'm also thinking about updating the fuel charts for the endurance races, but I don't know how far I'll get with that before Daytona. I want to make the charts dynamic and update automatically according to what happens during the race. Current ideas:
  • Automatic updates to the race schedule triggered by live fuel usage numbers or unexpected events (disconnects, repairs etc.).
  • Making the spreadsheet interactive. For example, requesting adjustments to the schedule by changing values in specific cells.
  • Notifications about fuel / laps left (mostly to help with solo driving). Sending messages to the iRacing chat is one option, but maybe not the best one.
  • Automatic status updates about teams of interest. For example, about cars we're battling for position or other B2O cars running in the same split.
If anyone has other ideas about how software could help us in endurance races, let me know, then I can find out if it is possible and how much work it is to implement.

Nejtun

@Noodleguitar the Z1 dashboard suite (the server client of it at least) can now send the full live telemetry of any driver that is running it to another client running the same software if this is something that might be useful?

Also, were you able to come up with a usable set in the end for the BMW that you are able to share by any chance? I wouldn't mind blasting around in that car for a bit but I am not sure where to start with that one, best/closest I seem to have is a Road America set from this season (pretty sure the cars were bopped last patch so the old setups may or may not work properly)

Noodleguitar

It would be nice to have access to some data from other cars but I don't think it's a good idea to send the full telemetry of multiple cars to one client. It would probably be too much network traffic and too much data to process, especially if I also need to run the Z1 software.

So far I've managed to pull live data from iRacing (there are quite a lot of parameters that are exposed) and read/update a spreadsheet with the Google API, so that's going in the right direction.

Attached is the last BMW M8 set I tried. It's close to baseline with adjusted ride heights, tire pressures and wing. I've also reduced toe/camber a little but I don't know what affect that has yet.

Attachments

Deb

So I tried the BMW using the VRS setup that @Nejtun recommended. I think this car is easier to get around then the C7, so it would be a safe choice.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics