Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Preparation for the fifth event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track:

Nürburgring Nordschleife Combined
Nürburg, Germany
15.77 Miles (25.38 km) - 170 Turns

Date: 5-6 May 2018

Race Times:

Saturday 13:00 GMT / 09:00 EDT

Race Length: 24 Hours

Watch:
https://multistre.am/kenadian/shadnix/brainling/reeswagen/dub713/layout14/

Matt Holmes Ferrari Stream Team #95 (VR)
Ken Ferrari Stream Team #95
Dino Ferrari Stream Team 2
Rees Ferrari Stream Team 2
Jason Ferrari Stream Team 2 (VR)
Hans Mercedes Stream (VR)

Liveries:

Mercedes AMG GT3: http://bandofothersgaming.com/files/misc/Paints/Merc/2018-B2O-Endurance-Nords.tga

Ferrari 488 GT3 (Car #95): http://bandofothersgaming.com/files/misc/Paints/Ferarri/2018-B2O-Endurance-Nords-Car-95.tga

Ferrari 488 GT3 (Endurance 2): http://bandofothersgaming.com/files/misc/Paints/Ferarri/2018-B2O-Endurance-Nords.tga

Porsche GT3 Cup: http://bandofothersgaming.com/files/misc/Paints/Porsche/2018-B2O-Endurance-Nords.tga

GT3

Audi R8 GT3

Ferrari 488 GT3 - BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE (Team ID: 49169)
Registering Team iRating: 3261

Matt Holmes @Brainling iRating: 1805
Ken Lindberg @Duke iRating: 2706
Lucas Biron @LoucMachine iRating: 3261

Ferrari 488 GT3 - BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE 2 (Team ID: 40248)
Registering Team iRating: Combined 3247

Michael Belyea @afroducks iRating: 2970
Jason Morlon @dub_713 iRating: 583
Dino Topic @Slider iRating: 3524
Rees Wagen @Rees Wagen iRating: 894

Mercedes AMG GT3 - BAND OF OTHERS GT3 (Team ID: 78397)
Registering Team iRating: 4383

Debra Bennett @Deb iRating: 1674
Bedo Magardichian @Bedo iRating: 3160
Christian Mehlfeld iRating: 3087

Hans Mohr @ShadniX iRating: 1748
Denis Savretić @SavreticD iRating: 4383

GT3 Cup

Porsche 919 GT3 Cup - BAND OF OTHERS ENDURANCE #101
Registering Team iRating: 4794

Noël Lüneburg @Noodleguitar iRating: 4794
Davey Riendeau @Fromthenavy iRating: 2545
Sam Roselaar @Sam Roselaar iRating: 2646

Touring Car

Kia Optima

Street Tuner

Global Mazda MX-5 Cup

**Please read!**

Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE
The above schedule will have an "Availability" tab!

• Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
    • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread, or on this list, does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on BSS practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

Deb

Bedo and I can drive the AMG or the Porsche as well, whatever works to fill out the teams.

Bedo and I can drive the AMG or the Porsche as well, whatever works to fill out the teams.
Most likely Volker and I will drive Merc, you 2 want with us?Not 100% still but it is a possibility.When I saw Noel in Mazda I almost started to cry, so waste of talent :p :)

Deb

Most likely Volker and I will drive Merc, you 2 want with us?Not 100% still but it is a possibility.When I saw Noel in Mazda I almost started to cry, so waste of talent :p :)
I'll check with Bedo but think that should work. Can you post a set u like and I'll start practicing with it? I think you guys usually use a looser set.

Nejtun

I will not be able to drive in this event this year (booooooooo) but I will be around for practices and will be there for (hopefully) the Entire 24 Hours in teamspeak.
I will probably join as spotter/crew chief for a split that has more than one team in it which might help with some spotting cover if someone needs to go AFK :)

Nejtun

Updated the provisional 2018 endurance sheet with the extra cars, please let us know if something is not correct, Marc seems to have the correct allocation in the OP but worth checking both if you were not aware that the Ferrari GT3 and the AMG GT3 have been added to the roster.

Working from my laptop out of town atm so sorry if i have not adjusted something, I will check over i all when I get back around Wednesday!!

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
Porsche for me, give me a week to figure out my availability but I'm in. Give me a little bit of time to figure out my availability.

ShadniX

Core
Looking for a seat in a GT3, KIA or MX-5 (preferred in roughly that order)

Would prefer the AMG because I have done most of my laps around the track with that car. But, as is evident by my last VLN race, that doesn't necessarily mean much. I tried the Audi on the test drive server once - wasn't really a fan of it, but that might have been totally a setup thing. Don't have an opinion on the Ferrari, but I like the 488 GTE if that relates in any way to the GT3 car...

I know nothing about the KIA, so that would be a just for fun affair with an unknown outcome. I actually have some experience in the MX-5 around this track, but that is almost a year ago by now.

Haven't tried the Porsche yet - I'll give it a try during this week. But, given the test drive for Bathurst, I'll be way too far off the pace with that car.

Noodleguitar

Haven't tried the Porsche yet - I'll give it a try during this week. But, given the test drive for Bathurst, I'll be way too far off the pace with that car.
Try this setup if you can while testing the Porsche, it's been nice to drive for me during endurance 'Ring racing. Maybe you want to increase the brake bias a bit. I don't particularly like it on the GP circuit but I don't like most cars around there.

The car is not as stable like GT3 downforce and braking stability but it feels very natural when things get out of order a bit. You can just drive the the GT3 lines as far as I can remember but it will understeer in some of the high-speed sweepers, so they require a lot of lifting and maybe some trail braking. The left-hander straight after Karussel should be flat in morning weather.

Attachments

Noodleguitar

Oh shit, it is afternoon. Not sure where I got morning from. Oh well, that's going to be nasty (especially if double stinting still makes sense like it did in VLN).

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics