Kelley G

Casual
@Slider I believe @Kelley G is running in the second of two BMW teams but still waiting confirmation for a partner, right now on the preliminary schedule you are down for both the Audi and BMW. The Set Hans and I are using is in the BMW folder in the file browser on teamspeak.

@afroducks I have added your name to the preliminary schedule along with all the other Ferrari drivers, I think it will be @Skid_Marc_ that will sort the final teams that have not already expressed a preference.
Just confirmed with work. I am off on Saturday so good for the race. May be a little tired as I have a late night the night before but thats not an issue

Noodleguitar

yeah i'm still interested, sry for being so inactive. i have yet to complete a full stint in practice, however i've practiced some and my best time is a 2:07,4. i'm going to put some serious hours in this week. so expect me to be at PP wednesday and friday.
Thanks for the challenging time to beat :D. I made it to a 2:07.0. It's too bad the tires fall off so quickly, when I have 77 L left I'm already losing 3-4 tenths on a good lap.

I quite liked your setup as well. Not sure which wing setting I like most at the moment, have been practicing mainly with 6. Here is the race trim setup I've been running up till now:

Attachments

I thought this was a Sunday only race so I didn't sign up as my youngest is getting confirmed. I am good for Saturday if a driver is needed. I filled out the spreadsheet with my available times.

Order of preference: Merc, 488, Audi
SR: A 4.93
IR: 2016

John

Last edited:

Jes_971

Hardcore
@Noodleguitar I made a fuel csv folder on the teamspeak server last week, wasn't sure if you spotted it or not. I put it under the fuel data folder that was already there.

Noodleguitar

I have added a Fuel Info tab to the schedule. To make fuel charts for each car I need all the fields filled in. I can get most of it myself from earlier races, so the main thing is the average lap time. Fuel usage I can get from the fuel buddy files.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Probably going to be running PracticePals tonight, maybe even starting a little early (22:00 GMT / 5:00p EST??)

@Sam Roselaar I have some bad news to break to you; @Fromthenavy is no longer running the Porsche, as he is switching to the Mercedes to run with a friend. I'm not sure what you have for GT3 cars, but there are definitely opportunities for you in the Audi, BMW, or Mercedes, so if you'd be willing to run one of those cars, we'd love to have you!

@Anson Bennette are you gonna be around for some practice tonight? I've got two setups for you to try, if you're interested. Gonna try to pick one of them by the end of tonight, and would love your input!

@Skid_Marc_ As I responded late last night if someone is in need of another driver I am available now. I was thinking the race was Sunday and my youngest is getting confirmed. IR and SR posted above.

Let me know.

John

I have all of them. I should be able to tonight and tomorrow night for sure. Out with basketball Thur and Friday until 7:30 or so CST.

John

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@John Navara if you could narrow down a choice of GT3 between the Audi and BMW that would be helpful, as those are the two teams right now that would most benefit from a third driver, maybe the Merc if Davey and Steven are open to it and Sam doesn't want it. As it is the last week of prep, we need drivers to be on the ball with practice, and comfortable doing full fuel stints, and, if needed/wanted, multiple stints in a row. There are setups available in the iRacing File Browser for both cars if you want to give each a go tonight, but it would be great to have a choice by the end of the night!

I'm not trying to zap the fun out of Practice Pals, by any means, but I just want to emphasize to everyone; please be patient, beware of the cars around you, and focus more on putting laps down consistently than worrying about your overall pace. This is a 12-hour race, that is highly dependent on keeping the cars on the gray stuff, and off of the walls. An FFS is 31 laps in GT3 cars, and it is incredibly frustrating just to make a mistake on your own that kills the FFS, not to mention getting caught up in someone else's off, so please be respectful to the drivers around you. And if (probably when, right?) you do wreck, please reset ASAP to keep the track clear!

Catch you guys in a few hours!

Last edited:

Brainling

Hardcore
Tweaked my availability slightly. I had to block out two hours mid race because my daughter will be coming over somewhere in that time span and I need to be available.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Yep, I noticed there were fuel files in two places, so I found them both.
Shoot, did I screw up then and miss the place it was supposed to go. I looked around to avoid doing that but I get the feeling I failed.

See yall for practice tonight. I missed last night cause I had a tummy ache. Too much butter and syrup on my waffles.

Brainling

Hardcore
I'll be around for more practice tonight. My head cold made it tough to sit in VR too long last night so I didn't practice as much as I wanted to. Have we decided on a base Ferrari setup yet? I have one I think is decent I'll share out tonight when I get on.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Jes_971, I added 1 click of Wing (bringing it up to 4 I believe) and the car felt much more stable over the run.

I actually ran my fastest lap on this setup.

Jes_971

Hardcore
I'll be around for more practice tonight. My head cold made it tough to sit in VR too long last night so I didn't practice as much as I wanted to. Have we decided on a base Ferrari setup yet? I have one I think is decent I'll share out tonight when I get on.
@Brainling I'm interested to check it out if you don't mind.

@Duke yea I watched you VOD from last night to see if you made any changes and marked that one down. Good to hear the improvement!! You are focusing on FFS instead of hot laps though right? :)

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads