[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Sebring 12 Hour

Bedo

Core
Well then, I guess the question is; are @Anson Bennette and @LoucMachine comfortable with being a two-driver team? @Slider @Fromthenavy and @Bedo would be a pretty solid team, and I'm sure Ken and Matt can pull it off just the two of them. However, I'm also confident that you and Davey could two-man it if Anson and Lucas need a third.
I'm OK with anything. Any setups yet? I haven't had time to make one but will try to practice tonight, and maybe come up with something.

Bedo

Core
I practiced a bit tonight with Marc's setup. I tweaked (of course) the front ARB to soft and rear to Medium and feel like the car turns in much better than before. Let me know if you guys agree. Other than that, drives pretty well. Was able to drive around 2 flat consistently.

Attachments

Brainling

Hardcore
I tried Bedo's changes last night and they felt fine to me.

I had the flu all weekend and I'm just now recovering, but I should be on for a full practice run tonight. I gave it a go last night but I was still too under the weather to be in VR for an extended period of time.

Brainling

Hardcore
Oh, and yeah I'm fine with just @Duke and I as a team. Don't think we need a third. Sorry with the flu I've been out of the loop for a few days, so just catching up on the thread.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Sorry I haven't been around. Been kinda busy and haven't really driven much due to some pain in my left forearm. Arm is feeling better today after about four days of soreness. Going to start getting as much practice I can in the next 3 days. Do we have a WIP or locked-in set up for the Ferrari GTE?

reid

Casual
Sorry I haven't been around. Been kinda busy and haven't really driven much due to some pain in my left forearm. Arm is feeling better today after about four days of soreness. Going to start getting as much practice I can in the next 3 days. Do we have a WIP or locked-in set up for the Ferrari GTE?
I've been practicing with the VRS IMSA Ferrari GTE setup, and am happy with that. Not sure how to share the setup here, but I should be on tonight and can share then.

Brainling

Hardcore
Looks like I won't be practicing tonight because Oculus decided to fundamentally break their software and have yet to fix it, despite saying 7 hours ago they know about the problem. They basically soft bricked every Oculus in the world and the only fix is to roll your system clock back, which I won't do because that can cause all kinds of other issues when you start fudging the system time. So here's to hoping they fix it before this weekend.

Kelley G

Casual
I don’t know if I’m going to make it on tonight. Ran a ffs this afternoon. I was running Marc’s set. I ran it with a 4 wing and enjoyed it a bit more. Don’t know who else has tried this or if I’m behind on the times....

Slider

Hardcore
I have tried wing 4, but it loosened the car too much and it would require much more setup work and it wouldn't make that much difference.

Here's my full stint, I sputtered in my stall which was at the very front.

BONUS:

That moment when spotter realizes.....he fucked up

Last edited:

Jes_971

Hardcore
Sorry for this last minute decision but I'm not going to be able to compete in this event. My forearm pain is back again after practicing today. I thought it was subsiding but after practicing today it's back to hurting again. It's almost like a carpal tunnel thing thats going on. I'm having a real hard time even picking anything up. When I go to squeeze something to lift it up it's like that feeling where you can't squeeze hard enough to grab it accompanied by moderately severe pain. It also hurts just sitting here doing nothing as well. I'm back to not driving for a bit. Taking at least a week break from driving. Sorry for the late decision.

Hey guys, some really bad luck, hurt my ankle last night (trying to) play football. I don't think it's TOO bad, but don't think it can handle several hours of driving. :(So unless I have a remarkable recovery (which I doubt) you guys should count me out of this event. Sorry for the late notice.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Sorry for this last minute decision but I'm not going to be able to compete in this event. My forearm pain is back again after practicing today. I thought it was subsiding but after practicing today it's back to hurting again. It's almost like a carpal tunnel thing thats going on. I'm having a real hard time even picking anything up. When I go to squeeze something to lift it up it's like that feeling where you can't squeeze hard enough to grab it accompanied by moderately severe pain. It also hurts just sitting here doing nothing as well. I'm back to not driving for a bit. Taking at least a week break from driving. Sorry for the late decision.
Hey guys, some really bad luck, hurt my ankle last night (trying to) play football. I don't think it's TOO bad, but don't think it can handle several hours of driving. :(So unless I have a remarkable recovery (which I doubt) you guys should count me out of this event. Sorry for the late notice.
Wow, tough news comes fast. Sorry to hear, guys, but completely understand. Gotta take care of yourselves first!

Ken is also out, so We're down two Ford drivers and a Ferrari driver.

That leaves @LoucMachine and @reid alone in the Ferrari, which, I think, is less then ideal? Also, leaves @Brainling and @Kelley G in the Ford. Is this okay? Or would you guys rather combine into one GTE team? I know Matt said he could drive either the Ford or the Ferrari, do you have the Ferrari, Kelley?

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Only have 4 hours to practice, and it is right now, so I'm putting up two two-hour hosted sessions if anyone wants to join. One with 80% rubber, one with 20% rubber.

Going to try to dial some understeer out of the DP...

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads