****2018 Special Events (Endurance)****

Slider

Hardcore
Add me in for Ford GTE for Daytona too, if needed. Got the setup ready, if needed.

I will, however not be present for few hours during the day due to another event conflict, but I can drive in the evening or overnight.

Kelley G

Casual
Hey folks, Sorry for the slow response. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend Daytona this year :( Work has been busy and will continue through the event. Ill be cheering for you all and will tune in to watch if possible.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Hey folks, Sorry for the slow response. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend Daytona this year :( Work has been busy and will continue through the event. Ill be cheering for you all and will tune in to watch if possible.
No problem, Kelley! Hugely appreciate you taking the time to respond, even though you can't make it!

There are plenty more Special Events coming up, so hopefully we can snag you in one of the next ones!

ShadniX

Core
iRacing posted some changes to the special event schedule - TL,DR:

• Nurburgring 24 // May 5-6 (second timeslot added (Sat 01:00 GMT), 2 cars added (AMG GT3, Ferrari GT3))
  • Indy 500 // May 19-20 (car changed (Dallara IR-18))
  • 6 Hours at the Glen // Jun 23-24 (canceled (Reason given: Too close to a quarterly build))
  • Kings Royal // Jul 7-8 (moved into World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series)
  • 24 Hours of Spa // Jul 21-22 (second timeslot added (Sat 01:00 GMT))
  • 24 Hours of Le Mans // Aug 18-19 (LMP1s added, moved into Le Mans Endurance Series, changed timeslots because of the change (Sat 0700 GMT, Sat 1900 GMT))
  • Petit Le Mans // Oct 6-7 (nothing changed)

Noodleguitar

Here they come again with their obsession of having 2 time slots for a 24-hour race :|

I guess the Le Mans race time is more favourable for the American continent now, but I suspect a decent amount of European teams will pick the first race session.

Nejtun

iRacing posted some changes to the special event schedule - TL,DR:

• Nurburgring 24 // May 5-6 (second timeslot added (Sat 01:00 GMT), 2 cars added (AMG GT3, Ferrari GT3))
  • Indy 500 // May 19-20 (car changed (Dallara IR-18))
  • 6 Hours at the Glen // Jun 23-24 (canceled (Reason given: Too close to a quarterly build))
  • Kings Royal // Jul 7-8 (moved into World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series)
  • 24 Hours of Spa // Jul 21-22 (second timeslot added (Sat 01:00 GMT))
  • 24 Hours of Le Mans // Aug 18-19 (LMP1s added, moved into Le Mans Endurance Series, changed timeslots because of the change (Sat 0700 GMT, Sat 1900 GMT))
  • Petit Le Mans // Oct 6-7 (nothing changed)
Thanks Hans :) . OP updated to reflect latest changes

Deb

The iRacing 24 hours of Le Mans Endurance series, that last race in the season, looks like it will be the first weekend in June. I would think some of us would want to do that. Will include the LMPIs so should be interesting :)

Slider

Hardcore
I think you're mixing Le Mans 24h which is part of ELMS and IMSA 6h of Glen which got cancelled altogether.

dub_713

Casual
Hey all... new to B20, and hoping to run some laps with you all. Added name to spreadsheet for a couple of events, starting with this 24. (Deb and Bedo... This is Jason from AMG PL!)

Deb

Wel
Hey all... new to B20, and hoping to run some laps with you all. Added name to spreadsheet for a couple of events, starting with this 24. (Deb and Bedo... This is Jason from AMG PL!)
Welcome Jason, always awesome to have another AMG owner and PL member onboard :) We have league practice on Monday and Wednesday nights and league race on Friday night. Join if you can. There is a thread with all the details. Looking forward to racing with you!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Yeah, sorry, its not IMSA but it is a 6 Hour Watkins Glen race :)
Doesn't IMSA organize the 6h race? I'm all confused now.
Yeah... I didn't think I was confused... until now...

6 Hours of the Glen is definitely an IMSA (essentially NASCAR) sanctioned race in real life that will take place on July 1st, 2018.

The iRacing Endurance Le Mans Series (iELMS based off the ACO-sanctioned World Endurance Championship) will be wrapping up Season 2 at Watkins Glen with a 6-hour race on June 2nd-3rd, 2018.

Those are a month apart, so I'm not sure we can say those events are intentionally scheduled that way for one to emulate the other. Unless, of course, you're a GTE driver, in which case 6 hours of dodging prototypes around Watkins Glen is 6 hours of dodging prototypes around Watkins Glen... But the GTE class is the only class 100% homologated between NASCAR's IMSA and ACO's WEC.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Oh, just a fun fact;
I Googled "iRacing Special Events" from work the other day, using Incognito Mode (I wanted to ensure the best possible chance that I was searching from a clean slate), and this thread is currently 4th OVERALL first page, only behind;
  • iRacing.com/specialevents (Duh)
  • iRacing.com's Twitter post about the release of the 2018 Special Events Calander (Also "duh")
and​
  • Reddit Thread related to the 2018 Special Events Calander (probably also "duh"? I don't Reddit, but everyone else seems to.)
So great work on the thread @Nejtun, and thanks to everyone here for being so active, both here on the forum AND in these events!

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads