LoucMachine

Casual
Yep, we could certainly use you my friend.
Aw yiss !!

I cant be online Wednesday night and Friday night this week because we are doing a contest with Nordheim and tomorrow is our last day we can practice and friday is round 2 of the contest. But I ll start practicing with the Ferrari tonight. (I might be online later tomorrow though, just, later than the time you are leaving usually)

If you guys have any setup for this just post them here, I'll keep an eye for that and kinda make my own in parallel. I should have quite a lot of time this weekend and next week to prepare for that!

Edit: Oh and I'll output a CSV fuel buddy file as soon as possible

Kelley G

Casual
Ran some laps today in the Ferrari, and then jumped back into the Audi. I'm gonna jump ship and sign up for the Ferrari team if they will have me? @Duke @Brainling @LoucMachine. Also assuming I am still off for the weekend which I still can't confirm :(. I hate to leave the Audi team so understaffed but feel I would end up doing more harm then good. .

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I updated the teams in the OP. Check to make sure everything is correct so far. Audi and Porsche could still use one more driver, I think.
Only have about 50% of peoples Availability, so if you haven't filled in the chart, please do so ASAP.

What is your name in iRacing @Hydromani? I couldn't find you on the team list.

I don't mean to speak for Ken, but I think he said he would be on doing Nürburgring practice every weeknight 'til the 24. It's going to take a lot of practice to be comfortable with this track for 24 hours, and we'd like to see as many of you in those practice sessions as possible! Will post in this thread when practices are up, and, of course, follow @Duke on Twitch to get notifications when he is live.

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
The only day I'm on the fence about is Tuesday May 1 but aside from that I'll be in Practice daily leading up the event except Friday of course as that's League night. Having said that I may also Practice for an hour or so if others are interested this Friday after League.

As @Skid_Marc_ stated you can find me on Twitch as I stream during these Sessions. Also be sure to check out Skid_Marc's Twitch Channel as he's usually on and has all the info I have, usually more.

A note to those we've not seen in Practice, we need some measure of transparency from you leading up to these events. If you cannot make our #PracticePals Sessions (Monday and Wednesday nights 8 PM EST start) then the onus is on you to at least keep an eye on these topics and update as necessary in a timely manner.

We're far more relaxed in our prerequisites than most Teams however when it comes to populating Teams with Drivers we will not include those who've made little attempt to keep us up to date on their progress.

A lot of people put in countless time and effort and even our own finances to ensure these events are fun and accessible for everyone so we cannot risk compromising the efforts of our Teams by adding "Green" or MIA Drivers at the 11th hour.

This one rule applies to both new and veteran Drivers.

We hope you can understand.

ShadniX

Core
Spent a couple of hours during the week with the Merc and different setups from Denis and Deb. All of them were driveable with lap times between 8:22 and 8:28. Fuel usage around 14.9l a lap, so at least I can get 8 laps per stint in easy, which seems to be the goal anyway even if it requires a bit of fuel saving during a stint.

Noodleguitar

Practiced a few laps on Monday in the Porsche to get re-familiarized with this layout. It looks like we can do 8 laps in a stint, leaving about 0.6-0.7 laps in the tank at the end, meaning probably too much effort to save until 9 laps. From past races in this weather, double stinting tires is probably no problem for the Porsche.

Didn't manage to get a good benchmark on lap times yet. I got a 8:27.4 and at this point I'd probably be aiming for an 8:25 towards the end of a stint (without traffic).

Hydromani

Casual
I updated the teams in the OP. Check to make sure everything is correct so far. Audi and Porsche could still use one more driver, I think.
Only have about 50% of peoples Availability, so if you haven't filled in the chart, please do so ASAP.

What is your name in iRacing @Hydromani? I couldn't find you on the team list.

I don't mean to speak for Ken, but I think he said he would be on doing Nürburgring practice every weeknight 'til the 24. It's going to take a lot of practice to be comfortable with this track for 24 hours, and we'd like to see as many of you in those practice sessions as possible! Will post in this thread when practices are up, and, of course, follow @Duke on Twitch to get notifications when he is live.
Michael Morahn

Slider

Hardcore
I have added my availability for which I can guarantee. First 8 hours I can come, next 8 hours I put as not available, but it might change, but I don't know if I'll know in time. To keep it simple, I am there first 8 hours, and if really needed, last 3 hours.

afroducks

Casual
ok @Skid_Marc_ put me down for the 488.... i definitely want to be on a team.... I dont know the track that well... still havnt done a FFS but the last two endurance races i didnt do a single FFS but finished well....

Noel my usage is 15.2-15.3L but you can put 8 laps for me,I will save that.Maybe 7 for the 1st stint so I can get away from everybody at the start or atack/defend :) I think same for Volker, 8:13 average, 8 laps, empty tank in pit.For Deb put 7 laps, don't want to bother her with saving,15.6 or 15.8 is for her according to telemetry,average laptime Im not sure,8:18-19 maybe?.Hans said he can do 8 laps and telemetry say he can and for Bedo I don't know now.

My lap times should be let's say 8.10-11 with saving, something like that.Maybe higher with traffic.Thank you!

Last edited:

LoucMachine

Casual
So are these the changes we were touching on last night to High Speed Rebound?
yes, and other things. I think I made things better. I think the overall stability of the car is better. It has less oversteer on throttle so some sections where you throttle a little might be a bit slower but overall it seems better.

try it and let me know what you think :)

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics